• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite 2011 Or Swift 2004

Praboda Fernando

Question

15 answers to this question

Hi,

If i need to spend my money over above two, which one do you recommend to go (Both in Auto) with a budget of 22 Lks;

Viva elite 2011 - Auto with duel Air Bags

Swift 2004 - Auto with duel Air Bags

Special factors looking for Safety, Reliability, Fuel and reselling...

you are refering to Swift Ignis (Jeep model) or the second gen 'beetle' ?? The Ignis/Jeep Swift is quite a solid car but it's a bit thirstier on fuel than the viva elite. Both have good resale value and are decent cars you can live with. for daily commute to work Viva elite is good. For a more all round car that you can take on outstation trips etc the swift is good. Both are good reliable cars

I have a Viva Elite and my brother in law had 2004 Swift A/T for 3 years.

Space and comfort is obviously Swift over Viva Elite.

2011 Viva Elite is newer and 2004 Swift is older.

For better comparison , do compere particular two units of Viva Elite and Swift.

For an example, everyday someone park white colour 2004 Swift next to me. Car is in mint condition and millage is 60,000km (I see service tag inside). Interior in almost brand new condition. It is much better than the unit had with my brother in law.

I have a Viva Elite and my brother in law had 2004 Swift A/T for 3 years.

Space and comfort is obviously Swift over Viva Elite.

2011 Viva Elite is newer and 2004 Swift is older.

For better comparison , do compere particular two units of Viva Elite and Swift.

For an example, everyday someone park white colour 2004 Swift next to me. Car is in mint condition and millage is 60,000km (I see service tag inside). Interior in almost brand new condition. It is much better than the unit had with my brother in law.

Hi Sampath

How's your experience with Viva? is it auto and Airbag version? which i am looking for.. How easy maintainces are?

How it acts on long run.. Example Trip to Anuradhapura from Ganemulla. However most of my events will be short trips, nearly 10Kms per day

Many thanks

Hi Sampath

How's your experience with Viva? is it auto and Airbag version? which i am looking for.. How easy maintainces are?

How it acts on long run.. Example Trip to Anuradhapura from Ganemulla. However most of my events will be short trips, nearly 10Kms per day

Many thanks

I am using two Viva Elites. Both are A/T and not air bag version.

Maintenance is not difficult. Parts available with Unit#d Mot#rs/Janatha Motors/Thai Morots.

Even you can buy used body parts(imported from Malaysia) from Janatha Motors at reasonable price.

Most distance I traveled with Viva Elite is to Kandy and to Marata in last five years. (For long run I use dad's Axio)

There is a separate thread here "Viva Elite Community" & visit there for more details.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Thanks guys. How about if i add a Toyota Passo or Boon (Mira version) into my list against Viva and Swift?

I wonder availability of spare parts and re-sale market..

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu boon is not the most exciting car to have but it's decent enough. One of my relatives recently bought one for a small car it has a fair amount of space inside. Theres no issue with spare part availability.