• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan X-Trail FrontWD Or 4WD & Fuel Consumption ?

gayankap

Question

7 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, gayankap said:

Hello everyone looking forward on buying either a Nissan X-Trail 2016 4X4 or a Front Wheel Drive. Which one shluld i buy ? I heard the 4X4 is bad on fuel economy. Any ideas will be greatly appriciated. :(

The 4WD will do slightly less on fuel than the front wheel drive, but there won't be a massive difference as it will run in 2WD most of the time. If you're looking at the Hybrid, then fuel consumption on either version will be remarkably good for such a large SUV. If you're buying an SUV, you should get the 4WD for the extra traction and capability, otherwise what's the point of buying a vehicle of this type rather than a car?

Unless the only reason you're buying is because Mr perera across the road also has one and you need to keep up.

Edited by Supra_Natural

I guess you are referring to a hybrid X-trail because I seriously doubt anyone is importing the pure gasoline version anymore. Since it is a hybrid....either version will give pretty decent fuel figures for its size.Albeit the 2WD might give you a bit more mileage than the 4WD....but then like Supra said..if you are buying a 2WD SUV because of fuel economy...go buy a station wagon...unless you really want to impress Mrs and Ms. Perera next door....or live in down some weird road and you hit the bottom pretty badly every time you come out of your drive way.

3 hours ago, iRage said:

I guess you are referring to a hybrid X-trail because I seriously doubt anyone is importing the pure gasoline version anymore. Since it is a hybrid....either version will give pretty decent fuel figures for its size.Albeit the 2WD might give you a bit more mileage than the 4WD....but then like Supra said..if you are buying a 2WD SUV because of fuel economy...go buy a station wagon...unless you really want to impress Mrs and Ms. Perera next door....or live in down some weird road and you hit the bottom pretty badly every time you come out of your drive way.

4 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

The 4WD will do slightly less on fuel than the front wheel drive, but there won't be a massive difference as it will run in 2WD most of the time. If you're looking at the Hybrid, then fuel consumption on either version will be remarkably good for such a large SUV. If you're buying an SUV, you should get the 4WD for the extra traction and capability, otherwise what's the point of buying a vehicle of this type rather than a car?

Unless the only reason you're buying is because Mr perera across the road also has one and you need to keep up.

Ty very much for the replies. I have few other questions i heard from the car sale that 4x4 of the x-trail 2016 is a failure. Said there are gearbox failures happening. And that front wheel drive is not having the same issues. And that no warrenty will be given from sterling or the company for the 4x4 either ?! 

Will an Outlander G Premium 2015 Plugin hybrid new face be better ?

Edited by gayankap

Even if you get the 4wd model, will be fwd when in 2wd mode.itwill make a minimal difference to efficiency.ok whenyou need all wheel drive? It's better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it.

After all, your buying a suv. if you want pure efficiency, get a car.:mellow:

Edited by Twin Turbo

8 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Even if you get the 4wd model, will be fwd when in 2wd mode.itwill make a minimal difference to efficiency.ok whenyou need all wheel drive? It's better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it.

After all, your buying a suv. if you want pure efficiency, get a car.:mellow:

Ty for the reply ... i brought the black 4x4 ...

On 8/19/2016 at 11:31 PM, gayankap said:

Ty very much for the replies. I have few other questions i heard from the car sale that 4x4 of the x-trail 2016 is a failure. Said there are gearbox failures happening. And that front wheel drive is not having the same issues. And that no warrenty will be given from sterling or the company for the 4x4 either ?! 

Will an Outlander G Premium 2015 Plugin hybrid new face be better ?

I have not heard of any gearbox failures in Japan. So no idea...there are quite a few X-Trail AWDs in Japan (you see quite a lot of them around) so I seriously doubt it it s a failure. If it has had a technical fault I am pretty sure Nissan would have fixed it by now. Also don't necessarily believe everything that our car sales guys say. 90% of them no jack squat about cars anyway and 99% of them are pretty dubious individuals whose word is not worth a single cent. Even what you say seems to show how little they care about the consumer....they are willing to sell you a car they KNOW will be faulty as along as you pay them money for it and give you the opportunity to give them even more money for fixing it.

At the end of the day..your own research dude....check the web...certain models of the XTrail in SL are the same in UK and AUS (not all...certain variants)..see what they have to say. Look up Japanese forums as well (use google translate); at the very least go to the agents and talk to the tech people about the car. Besides, doesn't A*W now sell the Hybrid X-trail ? why not check with them as well ? You get the Nissan motor corp's warranty via them. No BS about gearbox failures and warranty voids....Even if it costs a bit more I believe that might actually be a better alternative.

There aren't any perfect cars....even the RAV4 and Vangaurd had problems...people whine about Toyota CVTs; but none of these car sales guys had any problem selling them...when they want to sell a car that is the best car on the face of the planet.

• Like 1