• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dihatsu charade1980 or mazda ford leser 1985

Lulitha

Question

Hi there, i am new one for auto lanka. 

I am going to buy Dihatsu charade1980 or mazda ford leser 1985. So aftrer buying i need to modify body or apply a body kit(DESIGN BY ME). so is it will be a good idea?. Where can i find a good modification place ? What the range of that cars modification prices?

Thnx

7 answers to this question

Ricing cars is not my taste (and not the taste of many members of this forum).

Between the two cars, I would suggest Ford Laser. Even an older one (1981-83). They are very well accepted by the local ricing community.

There are many places around the country who do this. Dumi##a from Homagama, KRK, Homeega are some of those. Just search in facebook for their details. There are also smalltimers who do this type of work. Just look around and you will find.

Be warned that these guys will charge you more than the price of your car for the ricing job.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Between the two cars, I would suggest Ford Laser. Even an older one (1981-83). They are very well accepted by the local ricing community.

There are many places around the country who do this. Dumi##a from Homagama, KRK, Homeega are some of those. Just search in facebook for their details. There are also smalltimers who do this type of work. Just look around and you will find.

Be warned that these guys will charge you more than the price of your car for the ricing job.

Thnx crosswind..

8 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Wow. You can't get a more honest answer than that. I must say this is very civilized of you crosswind....this must be your good deed for the day then? Back to tipping over 3-wheelers and running Geely Panda's off the road now then? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Wow. You can't get a more honest answer than that. I must say this is very civilized of you crosswind....this must be your good deed for the day then? Back to tipping over 3-wheelers and running Geely Panda's off the road now then? 

Yes kavvz, thnx

1 hour ago, Lulitha said:

Yes kavvz, thnx

Oh Gosh! I didn't help you, I was just mouthing off, but as you are being so kind / nice: My choice would be the 1980's Daihatsu Charade.

Not that I know it to be any better than the Ford Laser, but because I know the Daihatsu Charade is pretty durable and because I like the way it looks. 

I personally wouldn't try to modify it, other than perhaps fit tires with a thicker sidewall to fill out the wheel arches and soften the ride, for as Crosswind states older cars with over the top body modifications don't really look that great. (I generally like my rice on a plate, not on cars- Thank you very much!). Besides the Charade from the 80's is a really good looking car to start off with, you don't have to do much to make it look good.

How do I know its durable? Well I haven't owned one; but we had one in the extended family, back in the day. I was a kid in school but as far as I remember, pretty much all the older cousins drove the said Charade on back-roads around the house when my Grandfather was not using it. As he only used it in the morning, that means pretty much most days after school, it was out being abused by teenage drivers who could barely balance the clutch. It held up well despite all these shenanigans, and I remember my Grandfather loved it because it was reasonably good on fuel, and pretty much maintenance free despite everything his grandchildren did to it. 

All the best with your search.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Oh Gosh! I didn't help you, I was just mouthing off, but as you are being so kind / nice: My choice would be the 1980's Daihatsu Charade.

Not that I know it to be any better than the Ford Laser, but because I know the Daihatsu Charade is pretty durable and because I like the way it looks. 

I personally wouldn't try to modify it, other than perhaps fit tires with a thicker sidewall to fill out the wheel arches and soften the ride, for as Crosswind states older cars with over the top body modifications don't really look that great. (I generally like my rice on a plate, not on cars- Thank you very much!). Besides the Charade from the 80's is a really good looking car to start off with, you don't have to do much to make it look good.

How do I know its durable? Well I haven't owned one; but we had one in the extended family, back in the day. I was a kid in school but as far as I remember, pretty much all the older cousins drove the said Charade on back-roads around the house when my Grandfather was not using it. As he only used it in the morning, that means pretty much most days after school, it was out being abused by teenage drivers who could barely balance the clutch. It held up well despite all these shenanigans, and I remember my Grandfather loved it because it was reasonably good on fuel, and pretty much maintenance free despite everything his grandchildren did to it. 

All the best with your search.

Your explanation was too precious. Thank you very much indeed.

• Like 1