• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kotahena fuel smuggling - is this a common practise in SL?

Jor-el

Question

15 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Jor-el said:

Dunno if someone shared this here before but after seeing this I can't help but wonder if this is a common practice in Sri Lanka. Kotahena filling station caught red-handed mixing diesel with 92 Octane petrol.

Thanks for sharing man, we will as consumers be finally screwed putting this crap to our vehicles.

9 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Well to be fair, there's nothing wrong with the fuel, its just sourced dishonestly...

Diesel is mixed with OCT92 petrol, There's big wrong with fuel too. Don't think Sri Lankan law will do anything about this. We must spread and avoid public from using this station at least for 2,3 months.

10 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Well to be fair, there's nothing wrong with the fuel, its just sourced dishonestly...

NOTHING WRONG???!!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko: what were you smoking? Deiyanne haal piti? :o

Did you even read the text, they mixed bloody diesel with octane 92 PETROL!! 

13 hours ago, Jor-el said:

NOTHING WRONG???!!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko: what were you smoking? Deiyanne haal piti? :o

Did you even read the text, they mixed bloody diesel with octane 92 PETROL!! 

Oh crap? They were? Okay I totally missed that. My understanding was that all they were doing was stealing fuel from the municipality stores and selling it on the side...my apologies to all! 

And what is Deiyanne haal piti? It sounds like something I need to try :D !! 

Edited by Kavvz

13 hours ago, jayanathkarunarathna said:

Diesel is mixed with OCT92 petrol, There's big wrong with fuel too. Don't think Sri Lankan law will do anything about this. We must spread and avoid public from using this station at least for 2,3 months.

Sorry my bad I missed that bit. As listed above: My apologies...

Edited by Kavvz

5 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Oh crap? They were? Okay I totally missed that. My understanding was that all they were doing was stealing fuel from the municipality stores and selling it on the side...my apologies to all! 

And what is Deiyanne haal piti? It sounds like something I need to try :D !! 

Yep that filling station should be avoided, that is if they managed to keep that place running after all this 

You know deiyanne haal right :lol: (first para) I meant the smoke-able powder of said substance 

1 hour ago, Jor-el said:

Yep that filling station should be avoided, that is if they managed to keep that place running after all this 

You know deiyanne haal right :lol: (first para) I meant the smoke-able powder of said substance 

Well I'm pretty sure they'll be running the place (and maybe still doing under hand deals under the table!).

And thanks for the clarification on the 'deiyanne haal' I read through the article and its basically just an idiom and doesn't really mean anything specific... right?