• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift 2004/2003 vs Honda fit 2004

asanka_rg

Question

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a used car for around 2.4mil these days. could you guys please comment on below cars on given aspects.

Suzuki Swift 2004/2003 vs Honda fit 2004

fuel economy

maintenance (part availability)

comfortability

safety features

thanks you-- awaiting comments :)

14 answers to this question

One of my friend owns a Swift 2003, 110,000 km on the clock. The car is pretty comfertable and according my friend it does about 12 km/l in city area ( Not sure about his statement, bugger is obsessed with his car). And it gives you a pretty good ground clearance as well. He has not faced any spare parts issue so far.

After selling our family used Mazda familia BJ5P my initial thought also was to buy a Suzuki Swift Jeep Model. I went and inspect 15 cars. Only one was in good shape and it too was a base model ( No ABS, Retract Mirror etc ). Rest of the cars looked like their owner(s) have been raping them throughout. Most owners of these cars have bought it as their first car. So my guess is they didn't have much idea on how to take care of it. Secondly they didn't seem kind of people how love their car. They wanted a car to use for their family needs. That is it. Scratches all over the body, badly painted bumpers etc, Broken A/C vents was something common. Oil dip handle broken on most cases. Oil leaking all over the engine. On top of all these they are for a ridiculous price tag. 

So after around 300km riding around Colombo on my bike I gave up on this model. 

• Sad 1

yes of course I am facing the same shitty experience now. for that price tag the Jeep model is seriously overpriced now. I have seen around 10 cars now and most of them are brokers and even the car is not in good condition.  As you guys mentioned lot of cars have only power shutters. No ABS, PM, etc.

Could you guys give me any better alternatives for this car with good spare availability for a maximum budget of 2.3mil ?

1 hour ago, asanka_rg said:

yes of course I am facing the same shitty experience now. for that price tag the Jeep model is seriously overpriced now. I have seen around 10 cars now and most of them are brokers and even the car is not in good condition.  As you guys mentioned lot of cars have only power shutters. No ABS, PM, etc.

Could you guys give me any better alternatives for this car with good spare availability for a maximum budget of 2.3mil ?

What about Passo? It could be a dull choice but it has more options than Swift 2003/4. There was 2004 one up for sale around 2.25 mil recently in other site.

1 hour ago, asanka_rg said:

How about the beetle model swift. I've seen couple of cars around 2mil in classifieds. Might be indian manufactured ones. check them out

56 minutes ago, jmzsl said:

How about the beetle model swift. I've seen couple of cars around 2mil in classifieds. Might be indian manufactured ones. check them out

Think twice about the Indian built one....the Indian built one has consistently been rated lower in safety than its Japanese built variant...

i also looking to buy a Indian swift - beetle model ..
they are from 2006-2010 , and price between 2.0mil to 2.4mil . most are vxi -  not zxi ( no ABS , Air Bags )
even some face list swifts some ware near 2.5Mil..

when we compared to japan swift it is at least 0.5 mil cheep than same age..

so i think we can ignore all down sides when comparing the price....;););)

7 hours ago, bimalnp4me said:

i also looking to buy a Indian swift - beetle model ..
they are from 2006-2010 , and price between 2.0mil to 2.4mil . most are vxi -  not zxi ( no ABS , Air Bags )
even some face list swifts some ware near 2.5Mil..

when we compared to japan swift it is at least 0.5 mil cheep than same age..

so i think we can ignore all down sides when comparing the price....;););)

The Indian swift scored a very low safety rating BECAUSE it lacked almost all these safety features as well as a few design incorporations which were foregone. In case of a fatal crash I am sure you wouldn't care a rat's ^*&^ about that 0.5mil :P

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 6:57 AM, iRage said:

The Indian swift scored a very low safety rating BECAUSE it lacked almost all these safety features as well as a few design incorporations which were foregone. In case of a fatal crash I am sure you wouldn't care a rat's ^*&^ about that 0.5mil :P

what a bout Elite i think it better than swifts

Edited by isuru10

Do you really need a car? if you are ok with a japan van instead of a car, then you can go for a Suzuki every, manufactured around 2012-2016, also with ABS, airbags too.  These days van price is dropping due to the new budget implementation. So it will be a wise decision. Elite is a good car, But elite lacks the ABS.Airbags. 

Edited by WATZDT