• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight Headlights Clean Up or Replacement

jayakody24

Question

I recently purchased a Honda Insight 2009 model and the headlights needs a proper cleaning. I did a Headlight clean up from outside but no improvement whatsoever. 

I would like to know if changing to xenon would be a good option or should i replace it? 

Thank you in advance. 

6 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, jayakody24 said:

I recently purchased a Honda Insight 2009 model and the headlights needs a proper cleaning. I did a Headlight clean up from outside but no improvement whatsoever. 

I would like to know if changing to xenon would be a good option or should i replace it? 

Thank you in advance. 

Have you heard of the sinhala saying "atheesareta amude gahanawa wage"?

Welcome to the forum!

Changing to Xenon will not solve your issue (as Crosswind has elaborately said above) because it's the outer plastic housing that's discoloured due to being exposed to the sun. When you meant you had it cleaned, did you get it professionally restored or attempted to DIY at home?

There are a few headlight cleaning threads on the forum in the DIY section that you might find helpful. They can be restored to look brand new unless there is something uniquely wrong with your headlights. Check out the below examples:

I did restore my wifes Mazda Demio(2007) headlights last week. Tried Braso. Did work OK but wasn't good enough. Then I sanded with 800grit sand paper and then with 2000 grit sand paper. Came out really good. To Keep it last for a while I did spray 3 clear coats on top. There are lot of different ways of doing it on Youtube.

5 hours ago, wrav002 said:

I did restore my wifes Mazda Demio(2007) headlights last week. Tried Braso. Did work OK but wasn't good enough. Then I sanded with 800grit sand paper and then with 2000 grit sand paper. Came out really good. To Keep it last for a while I did spray 3 clear coats on top. There are lot of different ways of doing it on Youtube.

Paste a Uv cut film on the headlights or they will degrade faster than before. 

3 hours ago, The Stig said:

Paste a Uv cut film on the headlights or they will degrade faster than before. 

some one told me to remove the film before its expiry or will ruin your lights. problem is no one knows the expiery :rolleyes: