• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Retractable mirror issue

amindam

Question

My 2013 Wagon R's one mirror failed to unfold or retract suddenly. Motor is heard running all the time when power is on. One repair guy said a problem with a wheel inside, can give a try but might fail. Any idea how to repair it,

Thanks 

3 answers to this question

@amindam you could have asked the guy to open it up and check. The motor inside the mirror is a brush type DC motor and if left to run continuously it my reach its service life soon. So better get it opened up a issue sorted.

@C Perera If you are referring to the common issue of Axio and Aqua power mirrors failing to operate when parked under the sun, it has been discussed a few times, for example in http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/17724-winkler-mirrors-get-stuck/. You've got to live with it. I know I do :D.

For OP's question, it should be a worn out or broken plastic gear inside the mechanism. Only dismantling the mirror will tell as Rumesh88 said.

My father's Demio had the exact issue and it was due to a broken gear. Motor kept running continuously. There's a chance it can be repaired. Try the mirror shops around Delkanda. My father got the entire mechanism swapped with a recon one from Delkanda.