• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Suv In Sri Lanka?

Gummybr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man bottom line is prolly thats like 0.0000001% ranger rover in the SUV population in the whole island. My point is there is not enough of span to categorize which ones are the best since only a small number of people own in comparison to the whole population. And how many non japanase SUV's are there??? get my flow???

man bottom line is prolly thats like 0.0000001% ranger rover in the SUV population in the whole island. My point is there is not enough of span to categorize which ones are the best since only a small number of people own in comparison to the whole population. And how many non japanase SUV's are there??? get my flow???

actually there are tonnes of discos, freelanders and jeeps (grand cherokees and liberty's) these days...

:D U need to not look down on old Lanka, bro. Heck we even have at least 3 confirmed H2 Hummers.

And don't think of looking down on Jap SUVs either. I'm pretty sure the Land Cruiser still is the most popular off roader in the world. Despite the new ones not being much of a "off" road type. BJ-40s are among the most popular ones in SL still.

And I don't get your flow. First u said, SL doesn't have a wide range of SUVs. Answered that. Then u said thats old school. Answered that with an example of the latest and greatest. Check that last Land Rover outing set of photos in the gallery for more. Now ur saying summing else again.

man this is some old school offroading shit....hit up with some real shit....

yo pericles,

i think u agreed with me by sayin that the whole country has only 3 hummers, that gives me the answer i needed. Thats all the confirmation i needed. I'm not dissing yall but offroadin is not the whole purpose is having an SUV, prolly thats whats popular in SL, PPL try to pimp them out and ride em on the street over here.

yo pericles,

i think u agreed with me by sayin that the whole country has only 3 hummers, that gives me the answer i needed. Thats all the confirmation i needed. I'm not dissing yall but offroadin is not the whole purpose is having an SUV, prolly thats whats popular in SL, PPL try to pimp them out and ride em on the street over here.

Machang do you think a businessman who pays over 200laks for a Cygnus Land Cruiser would like to put it in mud? They use it like a baby

Machang do you think a businessman who pays over 200laks for a Cygnus Land Cruiser would like to put it in mud? They use it like a baby

Some do Hola.. For example the Range Sport went off roading in the Habarana run, so did the V8 discovery as you can see in the gallery.

Some feel scared to put there machines in the rough stuff, but once they get to know what these vehicles are capable of they have no problems whatsoever. But that doesn't mean that they have to go and put their vehicles in every off road tournament or everywhere they see mud.

You would be suprised to see how many of the people who have modified Defenders, BJ40, Nissan Patrols really do put their vehicles to the test, for them these are just meant for posing on the road, lets say out of my way small man I'm bigger and can consume you.

• 4 months later...

Here's one to dream about though. Lambo LM concept. 6.0 V12 from the Murc. And the old one 5.0 V12 from the Countach!!!! This was nicknamed RamboLambo this was at the height of Sly Stallones era ;)

IPB Image

aahh exquisite taste as usual - but this was no concept - they made n sold a few hunded number of these

http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/LM002/LM002Registry.html

it truly is a beast!! a V12 pushing out 444BHP capable of 115Mph & a 290 Litre fuel tank!!!!

but this is just sad - have read...typical American ignorance... ~sigh~ <_<

http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/LM002/UdayHussein.html

Nothing like a Turbo Diesel Sahara for comfort and ecnomy and day to day running. I hear even the new 4000cc VVTi on the new Prado TZ gets about 7km/p/l in the city and is a powerhouse to drive.

Monteros are messy and expensive to run. The hard suspension and the monocoque structure doesn't help with the road noises and vibrations either. Lots on the road cos they look good for a lot less money.

The Porsche is nice but looks a bit odd.

The VW high spec and the X5 are nice to dream about at least.

Don't think I can live with the problems of the non Jap SUVs anyway.

Nothing like a Turbo Diesel Sahara for comfort and ecnomy and day to day running. I hear even the new 4000cc VVTi on the new Prado TZ gets about 7km/p/l in the city and is a powerhouse to drive.

Monteros are messy and expensive to run. The hard suspension and the monocoque structure doesn't help with the road noises and vibrations either. Lots on the road cos they look good for a lot less money.

The Porsche is nice but looks a bit odd.

The VW high spec and the X5 are nice to dream about at least.

Don't think I can live with the problems of the non Jap SUVs anyway.

i like é V8 Land Cruiser VX Active Vacation a lot .....but i cant betray é Green Oval so will only covet a Range Rover Sport :)

....as nice as é Toureg seems i've heard its got quality n reliablity issues - much in é way of LR's....

....é price some of us fools pay for "character"

but for headache free comatose drive :P it'd be a Toyota :D

Have you driven anything other than a Sahara Diesel??

Put aside the old reliability issues from what I've driven and experienced the Disco is far better. Anyone driven a Merc Car driving a Disco will tell you the same. Nothing on marketing here. And above all that it is a very capable off roader.

And Devinda, Have you gone in your friends Disco?? If you have you'll agree with me.

Have you driven anything other than a Sahara Diesel??

Put aside the old reliability issues from what I've driven and experienced the Disco is far better. Anyone driven a Merc Car driving a Disco will tell you the same. Nothing on marketing here. And above all that it is a very capable off roader.

And Devinda, Have you gone in your friends Disco?? If you have you'll agree with me.

spot on - that Disco has a better ride than é RR that i went in!! - i dunno how thats possible - but felt more of a 'together' ride on é LR3...

havent had é pleasure of driving a Disco3 yet...but...i know i'll love it...'ell,i run a 110 for fun n love driving that, so é chance of me adoring a soft riding LR is a perpetuality! :)

if its got a Green Oval on it , i dunno how i can not like it! :D

Gummybr mate, how much would you recon a registered Disco3 will cost????

im not even gona bother to ask the unreg price :unsure:

sa one in the papers a few months back - 12.5 mill if my memory serves me right - that was i belive a Diesel...

but dont see any LR3 owners selling - most must have been permit purchases by ministers né ?

Gummybr pls verify?