• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel vs Honda Civic Sedan vs Toyota CHR

Hiran Walawage

Honda Civic, best value due to the tax structure , most of your money goes to the car instead of tax. Great to drive , spacious interior , offers lots of tech features depending on the trim you get

Honda Vezel RS, decent ground clearance for our roads, it’s a hybrid to save some fuel, it’s faster than you think, much faster than the other two , practical and has most of the new features cars have. 

Toyota CHR, well made , very nice interior with quality materials , lots of tech features , nice to dive, average fuel economy , this being a crossover you would want to have some peace of mind regarding ground clearance. Think again , specially if you choose the GT trim, ground clearance is like a car. 

Honda Civic, best value due to the tax structure , most of your money goes to the car instead of tax. Great to drive , spacious interior , offers lots of tech features depending on the trim you get
Honda Vezel RS, decent ground clearance for our roads, it’s a hybrid to save some fuel, it’s faster than you think, much faster than the other two , practical and has most of the new features cars have. 

Toyota CHR, well made , very nice interior with quality materials , lots of tech features , nice to dive, average fuel economy , this being a crossover you would want to have some peace of mind regarding ground clearance. Think again , specially if you choose the GT trim, ground clearance is like a car. 
Actually both the GT and ST FWD trims has the same ground clearance. AWD has slightly more ground clearance but does not make a big difference. Those ridiculous body kits are the once which make it a nightmare to drive in our road conditions. Better to avoid buying one with a body kit. There are some of my friends who bought ones with body kits and had to remove due to scraping the bottom. I drive an AWD GT without bodykit and never had a problem with ground clearance. On the other hand it is a fun to drive car and it loves corners. A lot of new tech too.

Vezel would be better on fuel out of these three. The latest high trim model even includes electric memory seats. But also consider reliability of these DCT transmission since it has a history of giving problems.
Civic sedan is the most spacious one out of these. Good value for money. Lots of tech. Only concern is the ground clearance.

Sent from my HTC Desire 630 dual sim using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Actually both the GT and ST FWD trims has the same ground clearance. AWD has slightly more ground clearance but does not make a big difference. Those ridiculous body kits are the once which make it a nightmare to drive in our road conditions. Better to avoid buying one with a body kit. There are some of my friends who bought ones with body kits and had to remove due to scraping the bottom. I drive an AWD GT without bodykit and never had a problem with ground clearance. On the other hand it is a fun to drive car and it loves corners. A lot of new tech too.

Vezel would be better on fuel out of these three. The latest high trim model even includes electric memory seats. But also consider reliability of these DCT transmission since it has a history of giving problems.
Civic sedan is the most spacious one out of these. Good value for money. Lots of tech. Only concern is the ground clearance.

Sent from my HTC Desire 630 dual sim using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yes @sathyajithj99 I was talking about the body kit of the GT trim which really takes away a lot from the actual clearance 

9 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Honda Civic, best value due to the tax structure

Yes. One reason i ended up buying one - I pay around 4.5 Mllion for the car (20,000 GBP) and 1.7 for the tax which kinda makes sense - and you get a b/n vehicle with quite a few creature comforts and bells and whistles. there's a dedicated thread for the car where you can find more info on the model. Also I think (i'm not sure) that Stafford are bringing down the 1L version as well now (a few months back they had only the 1.5 variant) so you can get one from the agents. In contrast you will be paying 3.6 Mill in tax for the vezel and something slightly lower than that for the CHR's 1.2 L engine. 

I assume OP is looking at the Civic  ex or ex-tech pack since that is the only model that falls in the price bracket of the CHR/Vezel the SR is a lot less expensive.

The CHR is a nice ride - the rear is a little cramped (i've not driven one but merely traveled in the back) 

DCT and hybrid battery are legitimate concerns BUT DCT issues can be avoided with a bit of awareness.  Fuel wise the vezel will not give Axio like figures but will obviously do better than the other two. 

• 1 year later...

Buy a civic. It's spacious, loaded with tech features (especially apple car play and android auto) , better sound system, wireless charging, very plush rear seats , sunroof etc. Also some little things like alloy pedals, digital instrument cluster. Being a UK spec car it has some attention to detail. Inside of the glove box is covered with a material like felt for the reduction of noise. (I really like that??). Headlights are  turn on when unlocking the car at night. Being a UK spec car it has some little nice quirks which can improve our user experience a lot  than a JDM spec car.

Edited by Sadeepa Dilhara

you should check out the Vezel Touring  (1.5 T) which has a CVT if no budget constraints.  you should be able to get a JDM from the auctions. if budgets are constrained, i guess smaller engines like the Civic sedan would be good. Vezel wins over on practicality. As KIA is doing quite well in US, Seltos is another alternative that could be considered if there are budget constrains. 

Edited by msham
further information