• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Air Filters Role ::

dragster

Question

• Answers 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i thought you were selling your car. why are you trying to add stuff to it?

Yes I am,some fool spolied it by confirming the car with a advance on Saturday evening so we turned down all offers on Sunday and on Sunday evening he turned down the offer (we got to keep the advance). Now again the car will be in papers this Sunday. But I doubt it as usualy people have a 2nd thought when a car appears on a paper for the 2nd time. :( anyway the advices porkster and nex gen gives me wont go for a waste as i will probably get a 2002 or 2003 EXI most probably where ever i see a good deal (new budget-no more X-trails).

Easy Crash. If I am right, u used to use the Navam Mawatha Power World gym around 2003? If ur that guy, bro, keep in mind that not everyone has the level of expertise needed to do a project like u did. Gotta start learning somewhere.

And also, not everyone who owns a car wants to squeeze performance out of it. Otherwise, auto trannys would go outta business. No harm in rice as long as ricer doesn't think the rice will make the vehicle rocket :D

Bro, were you refering to me? I never went to a gym :D im 85kgs++

Pls try to stay on topic. And don't be jealous coz I am sesky. :(

:P sesky? ok ok, then let me go home-log in to Hi5 and give you some photo comments :D:D

This air filter thread was very straight forward, sharing of ideas, advices and experiences. Thank you guys!

Dear Porkster,

Thank you very much for the advice and the guidence given yesterday on my new air intake.I drove from mount to negombo and the ride was so enjoyable and now the Civic does well on fuel too. The car just shoots now. It was such a neat job.I think you experienced yourself with the 140kmph done yesterday. Cant rember if you did that in the sports mode or normal drive mode though. This is a way i can show my appreciation. Thanks to Nexgen too.

Hola (Hola when you hear me)

Dear Porkster,

Thank you very much for the advice and the guidence given yesterday on my new air intake.I drove from mount to negombo and the ride was so enjoyable and now the Civic does well on fuel too. The car just shoots now. It was such a neat job.I think you experienced yourself with the 140kmph done yesterday. Cant rember if you did that in the sports mode or normal drive mode though. This is a way i can show my appreciation. Thanks to Nexgen too.

Yo Hola Hola Hola,

Am glad to have been of assistance and look forward to helping you out with your future mods. Yes I think we did hit 140 in Sports mode :P

Nex Gen your ceramic coeated header has hopefully arrived can't wait to see and expereince the results on that installation.

Cheers dudes, Porky

Yo Hola Hola Hola,

Am glad to have been of assistance and look forward to helping you out with your future mods. Yes I think we did hit 140 in Sports mode :action-smiley-060:

Nex Gen your ceramic coeated header has hopefully arrived can't wait to see and expereince the results on that installation.

Cheers dudes, Porky

Thanks Porkster, This your 1st Honda project as i reckon

So my Phase one was the K&N air intake and the bleeding valve mod which is done succesfully.

Phase two will be the header mod along with the silencer mod

Phase three will be the Oz alloys right?

Dear Porkster,

Glad to hear that ya ve finally taken porkster's advice man :-) heehee... guess you must be rocketing down the streets now eh? whats your opinion about the smooth beat eh bro? like it eh? lolz..

@ porkster - yipeee!!! itz alive! lmao.. oh wel... gotta figure out a freakin way to coax my dad into givin the car again.. itz bloody worth though ;-) hehe.. thanx dude!!

Zz

Glad to hear that ya ve finally taken porkster's advice man :-) heehee... guess you must be rocketing down the streets now eh? whats your opinion about the smooth beat eh bro? like it eh? lolz..

@ porkster - yipeee!!! itz alive! lmao.. oh wel... gotta figure out a freakin way to coax my dad into givin the car again.. itz bloody worth though ;-) hehe.. thanx dude!!

Zz

Nexgen you were soo right. The sound is sweet. But I agree with Porkster as my rims are giving out a roaring sound which eats the sweet sound of the intake. Thats why the new Oz preformance 15" rims will come in very soon. Worried that I will loose my comfort in the car but porkster gurantees that 195/55 will give me the same balooned comfort of a 13" tyre size.

When the rev meter goes up to like 3, you just feel you are flying. By the way, yours truely mr.porkster pedaled down to 7.5 on the rpm at a time and the sound was heart pounding. Porkster told me about his Toyota project which he is doing with you. Amazing. I will get my exaust done like you soon too....

With all these mods - you boys had better start taking on a few of the Dragsters :action-smiley-060:

Lets see, Porkster gave out his 3 stage plan (K&N mod,OZ upgrade,exaust mod). After thats done we can get into it.

Edited by Hola

Nexgen you were soo right. The sound is sweet. But I agree with Porkster as my rims are giving out a roaring sound which eats the sweet sound of the intake. Thats why the new Oz preformance 15" rims will come in very soon. Worried that I will loose my comfort in the car but porkster gurantees that 195/55 will give me the same balooned comfort of a 13" tyre size.

When the rev meter goes up to like 3, you just feel you are flying. By the way, yours truely mr.porkster pedaled down to 7.5 on the rpm at a time and the sound was heart pounding. Porkster told me about his Toyota project which he is doing with you. Amazing. I will get my exaust done like you soon too....

Lets see, Porkster gave out his 3 stage plan (K&N mod,OZ upgrade,exaust mod). After thats done we can get into it.

hehe.. if you ask me budz.. from what i hear from porkster.. you are ready to take on Isuruz V-Tec lolz.. seriously.. i never thought you could hit 140 down greenpath but it beats my expectations :-) OZ eh.. pretty costly n cool stuff .. take it slowly as porkster says.. you ll build yourself a monster which you would love ;-) wanna change my rims too but prefer letting the current tires go wasted and then going for the alloys which would be a far more economical option..

now since that your car and mine are basically having the same mod at this time.. how about a drag as pila says ;-) i aint no dragster just a gagster but hell i could give you a darn good ride for ya money lolz... (i think) :action-smiley-060:

Zz

Oh no, i dont want to drag...

And nexgen, i didnt do all this to drag with a stock City Vtec. I think a ordinary Multimatic Civic in sportsmode can take on a City anytime. Anyway lets not argue on that. Yes, with porkster's guidence I will make the white Civic go flying soon...

Oh no, i dont want to drag...

And nexgen, i didnt do all this to drag with a stock City Vtec. I think a ordinary Multimatic Civic in sportsmode can take on a City anytime. Anyway lets not argue on that. Yes, with porkster's guidence I will make the white Civic go flying soon...

heehee.. but it is the only way that you could guage the performance increments of ya vehicle effectively against other vehicles.. Civicz could .. I am talking bout a City (non-v) vs City (V-tec)... wanna see that happen ;-)

Zz

Hopefully not into a ditch ala the Premio, or into 3 other cars like the EK who tried dragging in Ath****ya last Sat :)

machan bt 24/7 we drag at attidiya without any problem bt before racing u have to know abt the rd situvation and tha crach u talking abt its the ek3 drivers fault bt the sad thing is that car hit 3 other cars bt ppl need to know how to brake before dragging :( specially how to shift down

Yes, I agree. If ur going to go fast, make sure u can stop fast.

And while I do feel sorry bout the bystanders that got hurt and cars that got damaged, I'm not particularly suprised at the car causing it. Many ppl have said in the case of Civics, if the car has vtec or not, the driver suddenly gets vtec in his system. It really is too bad, that.

And while I do feel sorry bout the bystanders that got hurt and cars that got damaged, I'm not particularly suprised at the car causing it. Many ppl have said in the case of Civics, if the car has vtec or not, the driver suddenly gets vtec in his system. It really is too bad, that.

vtecrl0tl2.jpg

sad scene about the civic but nevertheless safety first, the accident most probably happened at night i suppose eh? i ve just got a interestin clip which i think you guys would love to download.. bout street racing and its drawbacks...

http://www.otsea.org/Share/MTV True Life - Street Racing.mpg

copy da link and paste in ya download accelerator.. it would dload that way.. guys what would be main method of stopping a manual car? is it by downshifting or clutch+braking? i mean, the most efficient way of stopping super quick without wearing the engine/brakez out...

Zz

Hey dudes,

Well well is nice to hear you guys are having a time with yourselves and am glad to have been of assistance.

Hola (toy N**ga) I suggest getting the rims first simply because I can't test it beyond 140 with the current set. With speed you need control and I pushed it to the limit that day so if you want to push 180 I suggest we do the rim swap first. Then well can go for the exhaust. Finally we can fiddle a bit with your fuel via either HKS chip or adjustable fuel pressure regulator. After that stage you might have to sacrifice ride comfort for stiffer springs....but is upto you really.

ZZ you need to fix some time up to install the header, with the ceramic coat and the heat wrap we can bring down your engine bay temps quite significantly, which I feel is important since you don't have a vari select tranny like Hola's and we need to do everything possible to lower backpressure and increase exhaust gas velocity.

As for this dragging business well boys have fun but remember to keep it safe, know the limits of your car, its OK to be balsy but don't be a retard :)

Cheers, Porky

ya and i have seen some cars flying at attidiya ashans evo nige subaru n type R, nirosh subaru etc and those ppl know how to stop and specially when ashan driving his evo at attidiya its very difficult to spot his car,

anyway there r some things that we cant doscuss abt that accident and the honda guy is my friend anyway i feel so sorry abt the parked cars and the injured guy

Hey dudes,

Well well is nice to hear you guys are having a time with yourselves and am glad to have been of assistance.

Hola (toy N**ga) I suggest getting the rims first simply because I can't test it beyond 140 with the current set. With speed you need control and I pushed it to the limit that day so if you want to push 180 I suggest we do the rim swap first. Then well can go for the exhaust. Finally we can fiddle a bit with your fuel via either HKS chip or adjustable fuel pressure regulator. After that stage you might have to sacrifice ride comfort for stiffer springs....but is upto you really.

ZZ you need to fix some time up to install the header, with the ceramic coat and the heat wrap we can bring down your engine bay temps quite significantly, which I feel is important since you don't have a vari select tranny like Hola's and we need to do everything possible to lower backpressure and increase exhaust gas velocity.

As for this dragging business well boys have fun but remember to keep it safe, know the limits of your car, its OK to be balsy but don't be a retard :)

Cheers, Porky

toy N**ga??? hey porkster! Hola could get his ECU modded yeah? it would and could be far more cheaper than the piggyback chip no? I dont know much about the ECU modding though.. so correct me if wrong.. oh yeah.. one more question :-) does the fuel pressure regulator work similiar to the AFR chip or else is there a difference in fuel consumption in both of them?

Yes sir.. me trying to cookup a funky plan to make my dad believe that I am taking the car for a good purpose but hell.. the weekends the only time :-( dad gotta go to office n stuff during the w-days.. heat wrapping the header and also how bout thinking some plan to reduce the temp of the air intake? if there is balance heat wrap that is...

Zz