Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Mitsubishi Pajero Palathsabha chassis no


Go to solution Solved by iRage,

Question

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Solution

Yes...L048 was the model designation for the LWB 2.3TD. I think 46,47,48,141,146 were long wheel base versions.

Typically there is a G at the end if it is a SUV variant; if not it was usually a van which was a (V)/special vehicle variant. 

Now...the following is just me spilling out what I remember. The combinations were endless and with so many markets there were quite a few codes....but generally in the Japanese market and a few other general export markets:

The segment after the "-" indicated the body and spec variations....

If the first letter was a W it meant it was a Super Wagon, V at the first position signified a Van (...in the japanese market which was referred to as a wagon in export markets...not to be confused with the V at the end of LxxxV), the G at the second or after position was designated for Wide body/fender. A "R" (not at the end) signified 4A/T, F a 4M/T and N a 5 M/T. A standard V at the beginning implied a Metal top which is either a flat roof in case of a 3 door/SWB or a high roof in a LWB. A M indicated a mid-roof (which you are referring to as flat roof). T at some position for Turbo. L or R at the end signified a LHD or a RHD.  In the Japanese market they had a J, X or a D to indicate a grade. For some models J referred to GL and in some JX and the X indicated a XL and D indicated DX.

I have no idea what your VGJ code is....the Japanese market unit did not have a VGJ code. If one was to use the Japanese coding scheme it would mean your vehicle was N/A, was in a market that had only one type of transmission, was a Wagon (or in Japan a Van), came in a wide body configuration (in some markets this also meant that it had the wide track but not necessarily the wide body) and was a GL grade. Since the M is not there it might suggest it is not a mid-roof.

Again..the permutations were endless depending on the market....so yeah....

Budding and swapping bodies is illegal (in all parts of the world) for safety and security reasons. If a body has been swapped LEGALLY, there should be letters from the RMV authorizing it and the issuance of a body permit for importing the body (or something of the sort; not entirely sure of all the documents). Basically,the only thing you can swap without prior approval are the body panels (inner frame/chassis needs to be untouched). Even then the body panels have to be a one to one replacement and not change the original design of the vehicle. In SL, people get away without any of these formalities because our guys are too lazy to check the legality of all these and even if they did check they turn a blind eye if "gratitude" is shown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, DamithK said:

Is CLO48-VGJ chassis number Pajeros are Flat roof or high roof? If anyone knows could you please tell me what information can known from this chassis number..

Thank you!

If you are on a hurry perhaps the FB group for Pajeros in SL might provide you a faster response. From my limited knowledge , unless SWB, you didnt get many low roof PS MK1s in SL. Many are body converted. 

You can insert the full VIN to this website and get the full parts manual which may explain your question

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Mitsubishi

Edited by Sadik
more data
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Sadik said:

If you are on a hurry perhaps the FB group for Pajeros in SL might provide you a faster response. From my limited knowledge , unless SWB, you didnt get many low roof PS MK1s in SL. Many are body converted. 

You can insert the full VIN to this website and get the full parts manual which may explain your question

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Mitsubishi

Thank u for the advice bro.

Actually body was imported with permit. There is no problem with the body. But I dont know if there are any issue in the Pajero that im going to buy. I need to find if its a bud chassis no or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
33 minutes ago, DamithK said:

Thank u for the advice bro.

Actually body was imported with permit. There is no problem with the body. But I dont know if there are any issue in the Pajero that im going to buy. I need to find if its a bud chassis no or not. 

Am not an expert in this but , my brief internet search tells me that L048 belongs to a 2.3 TD Pajero / Shogun. Let's see what the experts have to say 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, priyanka said:

CLO48V is usually high roof

CL149W is usually flat roof... extremely rare 

 

But no one bothers about that as long as it s an original pajero in my opinion...

Thanks for the reply mate.

If the chassis no is budded will it become a problem when handing over the documents to the RMV other than an accident? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, DamithK said:

Thanks for the reply mate.

If the chassis no is budded will it become a problem when handing over the documents to the RMV other than an 

You better contact an agent .. who is doing RMV things to get a proper answer...

 

What sort of budding you are talking about...

Is it a just 32- car .... converted to a pajero or a genuine pajero ... bought from a government auction and with a new body fitted ...

 

If it s the second case ... you might be OK... but can be questioned at anytime.. 

 

If the case is the first one.. stay away.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 hours ago, priyanka said:

You better contact an agent .. who is doing RMV things to get a proper answer...

 

What sort of budding you are talking about...

Is it a just 32- car .... converted to a pajero or a genuine pajero ... bought from a government auction and with a new body fitted ...

 

If it s the second case ... you might be OK... but can be questioned at anytime.. 

 

If the case is the first one.. stay away.

 

The Pajero was bought from an auction and the body wasn't recoverable, So the previous owner got a report from the RMV that the old body isnt a recoverable one. Then he imported Pajero body with a permit from RMV (couldn't remember is it from RMV or not but he has the permit)

Body thing is done legally. 

I really wanted to know about the other things such as chassis, engine and etc by chassis no.

Edited by DamithK
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, iRage said:

Yes...L048 was the model designation for the LWB 2.3TD. I think 46,47,48,141,146 were long wheel base versions.

Typically there is a G at the end if it is a SUV variant; if not it was usually a van which was a (V)/special vehicle variant. 

Now...the following is just me spilling out what I remember. The combinations were endless and with so many markets there were quite a few codes....but generally in the Japanese market and a few other general export markets:

The segment after the "-" indicated the body and spec variations....

If the first letter was a W it meant it was a Super Wagon, V at the first position signified a Van (...in the japanese market which was referred to as a wagon in export markets...not to be confused with the V at the end of LxxxV), the G at the second or after position was designated for Wide body/fender. A "R" (not at the end) signified 4A/T, F a 4M/T and N a 5 M/T. A standard V at the beginning implied a Metal top which is either a flat roof in case of a 3 door/SWB or a high roof in a LWB. A M indicated a mid-roof (which you are referring to as flat roof). T at some position for Turbo. L or R at the end signified a LHD or a RHD.  In the Japanese market they had a J, X or a D to indicate a grade. For some models J referred to GL and in some JX and the X indicated a XL and D indicated DX.

I have no idea what your VGJ code is....the Japanese market unit did not have a VGJ code. If one was to use the Japanese coding scheme it would mean your vehicle was N/A, was in a market that had only one type of transmission, was a Wagon (or in Japan a Van), came in a wide body configuration (in some markets this also meant that it had the wide track but not necessarily the wide body) and was a GL grade. Since the M is not there it might suggest it is not a mid-roof.

Again..the permutations were endless depending on the market....so yeah....

Budding and swapping bodies is illegal (in all parts of the world) for safety and security reasons. If a body has been swapped LEGALLY, there should be letters from the RMV authorizing it and the issuance of a body permit for importing the body (or something of the sort; not entirely sure of all the documents). Basically,the only thing you can swap without prior approval are the body panels (inner frame/chassis needs to be untouched). Even then the body panels have to be a one to one replacement and not change the original design of the vehicle. In SL, people get away without any of these formalities because our guys are too lazy to check the legality of all these and even if they did check they turn a blind eye if "gratitude" is shown.

Got it. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...