• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suziki Aerio 2003 - Need Comments

ThilakR

Question

Hi,

Thank you somuch for all your advices. Machan may be I am bit old thinking guy. I have still doubt about non japanese cars. I know they are in good technology. But can we get them repaired easily from outstations without coming to colombo?

How about the second value? I have little doubt on these.

I still like that Suzuki Aerio. But it looks like non of you guy has use it. How about the Liana? It is pretty same type. And after all it exactly fit my budget. Poor me Hmmmm....

Best regards

Thilak

Hi I don’t know much about the Aerio...But I did have a suzuki Baleno....Damn hardy car...pretty nippy considering the 1.3l motor and did pretty good on fuel....But the parts are pretty expensive….especially at the previous agents who still do suzuki maintenance. Thats as far as my experience with Suzukis' go.

Cheers

Edited by Newbi

Oh your probably right. I entirely forgot about the new Kias. How much is a Cerato? That has a decent shape.....

Sorry man but I don't remeber how the Rio looks at all. The new Sportage - yes it looks great.

BTW one of my close pals had a recon auto 1.6 Elantra. It slurped fuel at an alarming rate, never gave him more than 6 Km/L. And the agents could never figure it out. Admittedly he was a hard driver but he sold it and bought a 18- BMW 318i which gave him a much better 8 KM/L.

Then my neighbour had an accent which he replaced with a FB15 as he was never happy with the economy.

And also there is one of my father's biz associates who is fed up yet stuck with a Sonata. He bought it unreg. And it guzzles says he.

There is a good reason why korean cars have cheaper 2nd hand value STILL ... the key word is "reliability" and "consistency"

a ) they tend to turn out strangest problems at the most unexpected of times, a car wouldn't start in the mornin and it would be very difficult to figure out why... (partly due to SL mechanics not bening too familiar wit da architecture of Korean makes)

b ) unless carefully maintanied they give bizzare fuel econo figures (a reason why most brand new Sonata's used to so much better than the recon. ones)

surely the koreans (especilly Hyundai) are catching up (as suggested by relieability reports in US)... but they have a long way to go b4 they can thrive in countries like ours where vehicles are pushed to their limits to do the best in very harsh conditions like wrecked roads, dust, dew/humidity, no regular maintenance/services etc.

How about the new Charade... suppose to begoing at special introductory price these days eh? (dunno whether this has been already discussed in this thread, not been following this thread in detail lately)

Edited by isurujosh

Hi Guys,

I think the Koreans are doing very well, especially the 5 year warranty has bought in many new customers and they are holding well. I think older koreans like the Daewoo Espero etc, has problems like leaking sun roofs beadings etc so not the same build quality as other contemporaries as they aged but generally good cars.

The newer Koreans still have little quirks I think but I saw lots of accents the last time I was there and from what I know they are pretty good on fuel (though not suggesting to Tilak to buy one cos he can get something much better for his budget). Plus most older Hyundai's used Mitsubishi power plants, so a lot of parts were shared, while as the newer ones are mostly independently developed though I am sure still share some of the technology with Mitsubishi.

The Lancer used to sell at the same rate as the FB15' I was at Orient Lanka and they were selling the lancer at 1.6 Million then so surely you can still get an unreg for arround 2 million ?

I dont think anybody disputes that Suzuki's are good car's, just that if you don't see lots of people using it, you will have trouble maintaining it as the parts would be expensive and you will get poor second hand value.

But I was lots of Swifts, though does it still come in a Sedan version ?

Regards,

The Don

Hi Guys,

I think the Koreans are doing very well, especially the 5 year warranty has bought in many new customers and they are holding well. I think older koreans like the Daewoo Espero etc, has problems like leaking sun roofs beadings etc so not the same build quality as other contemporaries as they aged but generally good cars.

The newer Koreans still have little quirks I think but I saw lots of accents the last time I was there and from what I know they are pretty good on fuel (though not suggesting to Tilak to buy one cos he can get something much better for his budget). Plus most older Hyundai's used Mitsubishi power plants, so a lot of parts were shared, while as the newer ones are mostly independently developed though I am sure still share some of the technology with Mitsubishi.

The Lancer used to sell at the same rate as the FB15' I was at Orient Lanka and they were selling the lancer at 1.6 Million then so surely you can still get an unreg for arround 2 million ?

I dont think anybody disputes that Suzuki's are good car's, just that if you don't see lots of people using it, you will have trouble maintaining it as the parts would be expensive and you will get poor second hand value.

But I was lots of Swifts, though does it still come in a Sedan version ?

Regards,

The Don

The Suzuki brand name is catching up lately with the introduction of the new Swift. As far as the Aerio goes what colour is it? Its quite a good car, one of my Directors is using a brand new registered Suzuki Liana (H/back model) the export model. Don't know but he keeps complaining about fuel consumption, but another guy using the same model says he does 10kmpl in the city. These are newer models than the one you are looking at & do not have the digital meters and all. Very good built quality a sfar as I know. the newer ones can give a good run to Nissan's(they already are doing well) & Toyota's.

There was a guy I know who bought one recently, think he bought it for around 1.6mil at that time (manual transmission 1300cc)

In the end it all depends on the driving ability to get good fuel consumption.

From what i know korean cars are really good. The optima looks real good. Had it for more than a year, and not one single problem. Its okay on fuel, quite average. The interior can get a little squeky sometimes but after a few touch ups its ok. The cars pretty fast done about 150km/h, and for 2 million is pretty worth it. Theres no better car you can get for the money. It rivals the camry so its about the same size. A little wider i think. The rio you can get for about 1.3 million. Its a good run about, but the interior might not be the best. I guess it might take people some time to get use to korean cars, but once you own one theres not that much of a difference between japanese cars.

Hi,

Thank you somuch for all your advices. Machan may be I am bit old thinking guy. I have still doubt about non japanese cars. I know they are in good technology. But can we get them repaired easily from outstations without coming to colombo?

I still like that Suzuki Aerio. But it looks like non of you guy has use it. How about the Liana? It is pretty same type. And after all it exactly fit my budget. Poor me Hmmmm....

Best regards

Thilak

Dude I feel that you should buy a Mazda 323/Familia. You should be able to get a good one for below 2m. An dhave some change as well.

About a month ago our company bought a J reg 323 for 1.5m. It's in v good shape and it's a good car. Gives us 10 KM/L in city driving. The ride is good too and the handling is not great but decent compared to other cars in it's class, as it;s got independent rear suspension which does not make much of a difference in town but the moment you go out it all matters.

The Aerio/Liana was not a very successful car. The new Swift is a quantum leap for Suzuki. The older cars were not that great. So I don't think you should go for it IMHO.

Hi,

Best regards

Thilak

Hi Guys,

I finally went for a Suzuki Aerio as I mentioned. Not a bad car. Little high like corolla 121.

Thank you for the comments and advices.

Let's see how it goes. :P

Thank you Auto Lanka for the excellent oppotunity for us to share our experiences. :D

Best

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

Hi Guys,

I finally went for a Suzuki Aerio as I mentioned. Not a bad car. Little high like corolla 121.

Thank you for the comments and advices.

Let's see how it goes. :P

Thank you Auto Lanka for the excellent oppotunity for us to share our experiences. :D

Best

Thilak

You are more than welcome machan, enjoy your ride and let us know your review on it.

Yes, the Aerio is bit high and pretty good for our roads.

You are more than welcome machan, enjoy your ride and let us know your review on it.

Yes, the Aerio is bit high and pretty good for our roads.

Thanks machan. I think it is too early to make any comments. I will definetely post my experience once I get fully familier.

I like it's filly grapic dashboard.

Me too think it suits our roads. Mainly I use this out of colombo.

Best

Thilak

Thanks machan. I think it is too early to make any comments. I will definetely post my experience once I get fully familier.

I like it's filly grapic dashboard.

Me too think it suits our roads. Mainly I use this out of colombo.

Best

Thilak

HI thilak. nice to see talikng abt a vehicle im searching. pls tell me abt ur aerio. i need to get one

Why on earth are you replying to a post that is over 5 years old???

Thats ok dude, he is just asking for a review, not offering advice for an old problem.

Also, guys, please learn the difference between report and reply. Thilak had posted this, I assume he is subscribed to the thread

My god. This is my 5 year old post. From where did you find?

I already sold the car.

It is a great car. No big issues.

Anyway nice to see an old post.

This is a good thing, the guy has searched the forum and asked appropriately instead of opening a new thread without doing some reading.

Hello,

I have a Suzuki Aerio and it is a very good vehicle that is both fuel economical and fun to own.

Regarding your purchase make sure that the suspension is in working order and all engine mounts are also not worn out. In my long ownership period I have had to change 2 sensors and the suspension.

New repairs include replacement of engine mounts and the cv joints.

If you are getting the car please ensure theat you do the following!!!

Get a full inspection of the car by the agents. This is highly reccomended if you want to make a purchase decision.

Personal Opinion :

For your budget range I would suggest you have a look at the new kias or hyundai offerings or a few alternative in the brand new segment.

You might get better value by investing more in a new car vs a old version

Best Regards,

Abbas J

Thats ok dude, he is just asking for a review, not offering advice for an old problem.

Also, guys, please learn the difference between report and reply. Thilak had posted this, I assume he is subscribed to the thread

This is a good thing, the guy has searched the forum and asked appropriately instead of opening a new thread without doing some reading.

My bad. :speechless-smiley-004:

Sorry Peri,

Thilak

Hello,

I have a Suzuki Aerio and it is a very good vehicle that is both fuel economical and fun to own.

Regarding your purchase make sure that the suspension is in working order and all engine mounts are also not worn out. In my long ownership period I have had to change 2 sensors and the suspension.

New repairs include replacement of engine mounts and the cv joints.

If you are getting the car please ensure theat you do the following!!!

Get a full inspection of the car by the agents. This is highly reccomended if you want to make a purchase decision.

Personal Opinion :

For your budget range I would suggest you have a look at the new kias or hyundai offerings or a few alternative in the brand new segment.

You might get better value by investing more in a new car vs a old version

Best Regards,

Abbas J

Dude, Aerio is a good and hardy jap car.

I used five years. change 1 sensors and the suspension with one engine tune-up.

No big issues at all. Economical & fun to drive with digital dash.

Thilak