Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fake Toyota Oil Filter


vitz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today, I shopped for oil filter for my Chr. The oil filter "90915-YZZE1" looked quite a counterfeit (Made in Thailand) but bought it for some research (costed only Rs. 1,100,00). Bit of internet search revealed that the product exactly matches the fake one produced by a cheap Chinese Supplier as you can see in the figure below. It looks that our fellows bring these filters in bulk from china (1 Doller for 1 unit) and put to the market. I am dead sure that service joints are using these cheap Chinese crap saying it as a OEM one. 

Just beware of these developments in the market to save your vehicles from bloody parts dealers who rip you off.

I will put some pictures of the counterfeit with a good comparison with the Genuine...:)

image.thumb.png.c54ed82397fe14ede9a42435dff51bf8.png

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by vitz
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vitz said:

Today, I shopped for oil filter for my Chr. The oil filter "90915-YZZE1" looked quite a counterfeit (Made in Thailand) but bought it for some research (costed only Rs. 1,100,00). Bit of internet search revealed that the product exactly matches the fake one produced by a cheap Chinese Supplier as you can see in the figure below. It looks that our fellows bring these filters in bulk from china (1 Doller for 1 unit) and put to the market. I am dead sure that service joints are using these cheap Chinese crap saying it as a OEM one. 

Just beware of these developments in the market to save your vehicles from bloody parts dealers who rip you off.

I will put some pictures of the counterfeit with a good comparison with the Genuine...:)

image.thumb.png.c54ed82397fe14ede9a42435dff51bf8.png

 

 

 

 

 

Filtration grade = HEPA filter? What on earth? And even the buggers selling these filter @ Rs. 1,100.00 are selling them at almost 700% of cost then! Wow, what a crazy world we live in...

So I guess the moral of the story is never trust 3rd party mechanics to source your oil filter for you: Always take your own filters (and oil) when getting your local mechanic to do an oil change ! 

 

Edited by Kavvz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Filtration grade = HEPA filter? What on earth? 

And even the buggers selling these filter @ Rs. 1,100.00 are making almost x8 the profit !- Wow, what a crazy world we live in...

More Fun......

image.thumb.png.356afa954abf34a23af39832e399a4b7.png

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, vitz said:

More Fun......

image.thumb.png.356afa954abf34a23af39832e399a4b7.png

"OEM buyer label services provided?!! Exclusive and unique solution can be provided to our customer by our well trained and professional engineers and staffs???!" 

Oh boy. Pretty much an advertisement for fraud! You should report the seller! 

Is this on Ebay? If so PM me a link to the ebay listing. I'll report the bugger too...

Edited by Kavvz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

"OEM buyer label services provided?!! Exclusive and unique solution can be provided to our customer by our well trained and professional engineers and staffs???!" 

Oh boy. Pretty much an advertisement for fraud! You should report the seller! 

Is this on Ebay? If so PM me a link to the ebay listing. I'll report the bugger too...

I'm guessing Alibaba.

OEM oil filter sold by Toyota Lanka is manufactured in China too though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

"OEM buyer label services provided?!! Exclusive and unique solution can be provided to our customer by our well trained and professional engineers and staffs???!" 

Oh boy. Pretty much an advertisement for fraud! You should report the seller! 

Is this on Ebay? If so PM me a link to the ebay listing. I'll report the bugger too...

See, how we see all these hologram shit and everything on fake products. These idiots are screwing the entire auto industry....

https://youjia.en.made-in-china.com/product/zNMEcrYuHqVH/China-High-Quality-for-Toyota-Corolla-Vios-Oil-Filter-90915-Yzze1.html

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

I'm guessing Alibaba.

OEM oil filter sold by Toyota Lanka is manufactured in China too though.

 

But, I hope its a  real "Denso" from China........

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, vitz said:

But, I hope its a  real "Denso" from China........

 

Yeah I hope so too ?

UNIMO does better in that regard, almost all their spare parts are sourced from Japan including oil filters. The OEM filter you got for the EC was made in Japan right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Yeah I hope so too ?

UNIMO does better in that regard, almost all their spare parts are sourced from Japan including oil filters. The OEM filter you got for the EC was made in Japan right?

Yes, I too noticed it.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Filtration grade = HEPA filter? What on earth? And even the buggers selling these filter @ Rs. 1,100.00 are selling them at almost 700% of cost then! Wow, what a crazy world we live in...

So I guess the moral of the story is never trust 3rd party mechanics to source your oil filter for you: Always take your own filters (and oil) when getting your local mechanic to do an oil change ! 

 

Yes, my experiences say:

1. Always better to get the vehicle serviced from the agent

2. if it is a DIY job or job done by a machanic...(as I do)  better to source parts like filters from the Agent. Time has come that none of the auto parts suppliers can be trusted (unlike those days we used ViC instead of Genuine parts). I believe all Toyota parts come in red packaging are Cheap Chinese Crap.

3. The people who does services at service joints, better insist to use genuine parts from the agent. Better choose a trustworthy service joint. I am really doubting about places like Au....Mir,,, Ster....g would use genuine parts....

 

Edited by vitz
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kavvz said:

"OEM buyer label services provided?!! Exclusive and unique solution can be provided to our customer by our well trained and professional engineers and staffs???!" 

Two weeks before, I went Unity Plaza to buy an internal battery for my Acer Laptop. Checked with 5 - 6 shops and all are with the price range of Rs. 8,500 to 9,500 (while the agent price was Rs. 18,000+) and all looking same (except one shop) packaged in same type cardboard box and "Acer sticker" pasted on top of the battery.  The box of the different one included the battery (having non printed blank black sticker on top of the battery) and the "Acer sticker" was also there in the box separately. The seller told me he didn't pasted it yet and could do if I required. 

The most funniest thing is, they told me the agent also buying from them and selling at higher price............... 

Edited by gayanath
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gayanath said:

 

The most funniest thing is, they told me the agent also buying from them and selling at higher price............... 

What??! That's insane ? !! Can't trust the agents too now? Oh boy!! 

Edited by Kavvz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

What??! That's insane ? !! Can't trust the agents too now? Oh boy!! 

Until we are having a well functioning and efficient "Consumer Affairs Authority", only few agents  who really cares their good faith could be trusted. All others used to increase their profit by several underhand games as market survival is also not so easy and as consumers we have no place to complain rather than avoiding. 

One more known example: You can buy any TV remote (low quality product) from Pettah around Rs. 250. Knowingly some agents are purchasing same from pettah and selling at there store Rs. 1,000 - 2,500. Lot more stories are there...

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, GayanR said:

 

These spark plugs resemble the original in outer appearance but there should be some differences....Always better to keep the original part that came with the vehicle as a sample to judge the new purchase...

Funny thing is though the OEM filters come from China with "Made in China" label, You want be able to find out counterfeits labelled "Made in China"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...