Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio Hybrid 2013


mightymicra
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hii All,

My friend has a  Toyota Axio Hybrid (2013) and he is facing a strange problem recently. Here how it works.

The car throws and Error code P 3190 (Low Engine Power) P0A0F (Engine Fail to Start).

We tried what the internet has recommended but failed to resolve the problem. Changed the fuel pump as most of them as pointed this as the main culprit. Changed the plugs coil pack no luck. Then we noticed that a considerable amount of smoke comes out of the dip stick and the oil filler. Engine has a big vibration a rattle. Thought it might be under-compression but there were no signed of fouled plugs. Appreciate if anyone can give an idea to look what sort of things to look out as most recommend an engine replacement but we still think it could be an easier fix but only thing is we do not know what to look for. So Thank you all in advance hope to hear you ideas.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mightymicra said:

Hii All,

My friend has a  Toyota Axio Hybrid (2013) and he is facing a strange problem recently. Here how it works.

The car throws and Error code P 3190 (Low Engine Power) P0A0F (Engine Fail to Start).

We tried what the internet has recommended but failed to resolve the problem. Changed the fuel pump as most of them as pointed this as the main culprit. Changed the plugs coil pack no luck. Then we noticed that a considerable amount of smoke comes out of the dip stick and the oil filler. Engine has a big vibration a rattle. Thought it might be under-compression but there were no signed of fouled plugs. Appreciate if anyone can give an idea to look what sort of things to look out as most recommend an engine replacement but we still think it could be an easier fix but only thing is we do not know what to look for. So Thank you all in advance hope to hear you ideas.   

It could be an indication of worn out piston rings or even a faulty crankcase ventilation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HaeylM said:

It could be an indication of worn out piston rings or even a faulty crankcase ventilation. 

Hii,

Thank you very much for your response...I also have the same doubt of a fault crankcase ventilation. Do you have any idea how I can make sure of it ? Like is there any proper way to check it ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2020 at 5:13 PM, mightymicra said:

Hii All,

My friend has a  Toyota Axio Hybrid (2013) and he is facing a strange problem recently. Here how it works.

The car throws and Error code P 3190 (Low Engine Power) P0A0F (Engine Fail to Start).

We tried what the internet has recommended but failed to resolve the problem. Changed the fuel pump as most of them as pointed this as the main culprit. Changed the plugs coil pack no luck. Then we noticed that a considerable amount of smoke comes out of the dip stick and the oil filler. Engine has a big vibration a rattle. Thought it might be under-compression but there were no signed of fouled plugs. Appreciate if anyone can give an idea to look what sort of things to look out as most recommend an engine replacement but we still think it could be an easier fix but only thing is we do not know what to look for. So Thank you all in advance hope to hear you ideas.   

Millage of the car?

Plug replacement history?

12v battery condition?

HV battery history? 

What are the other symptoms? 

1. Oil burning? and the quantity (liters per 1,000 km)?

2. Any oil leaking?

3. Any smoke leaking?

4. Excess smoke from tail pipe?

3. Any delay of transferring EV mode to Engine ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2020 at 11:40 AM, gayanath said:

Millage of the car?

Plug replacement history?

12v battery condition?

HV battery history? 

What are the other symptoms? 

1. Oil burning? and the quantity (liters per 1,000 km)?

2. Any oil leaking?

3. Any smoke leaking?

4. Excess smoke from tail pipe?

3. Any delay of transferring EV mode to Engine ?

Hii Gayanath,

Thank you very much for your response.

Millage is 120K +.

Plugs are good. 12 V Battery is original..checked the status and was ok. Cannot see any signs of oil burning. Checked the plugs and there were no signs of burning of oil. Checked compression and seems ok. 

The biggest issue is there is a huge amount of blow by from the dip stick and the oil filler cap. PCV valve is ok. Have a question if the valve cover is clogged.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable opinions. Please keep me posted.

Regards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2020 at 5:13 PM, mightymicra said:

 Toyota Axio Hybrid (2013) and he is facing a strange problem recently. Here how it works.

The car throws and Error code P 3190 (Low Engine Power) P0A0F (Engine Fail to Start).

Changed the fuel pump as most of them as pointed this as the main culprit. Changed the plugs coil pack no luck. Then we noticed that a considerable amount of smoke comes out of the dip stick and the oil filler. Engine has a big vibration a rattle. Thought it might be under-compression but there were no signed of fouled plugs.

Did you see more smoke after replacing the fuel pump and coil packs ? or even before that?

10 minutes ago, mightymicra said:

Millage is 120K +.

Plugs are good. 12 V Battery is original..checked the status and was ok. Cannot see any signs of oil burning. Checked the plugs and there were no signs of burning of oil. Checked compression and seems ok. 

The biggest issue is there is a huge amount of blow by from the dip stick and the oil filler cap. PCV valve is ok. Have a question if the valve cover is clogged.

Generally, 120k+ is nothing for a Axio hybrid at-least you replaced oil and filter in every 15,000 km. (Assume he has done it lesser cycles).

Does your friend know the complete history of the car? 

Cleaned MAF sensor? 

Didn’t you clean the petrol tank and add new petrol (from a recognized place like laugh) and drive for a few minutes?

Excess smoke from tail pipe?

Any delay of transferring EV mode to Engine ?

12v battery also should be at the end of its service life (7 years is more than average). The low voltage of the 12v battery also gives a lot of weird codes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hello, Everyone...Thank you all for your support and comments. With loads of dead ends finally we decided to swap the engine. We found out some makings which kind a indicated its had been dissembled at some point (May be in Japan - not sure and may be the mileage was changed.). The car runs fine after the swap.

Thank you all again for your valuable tips.

Regards  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mightymicra said:

We found out some makings which kind a indicated its had been dissembled at some point (May be in Japan - not sure and may be the mileage was changed.). The car runs fine after the swap.

Uhh....so a 2013 car. Assuming the car was used for a full 3 years in Japan before it was imported to SL (using it anymore would mean it could not have been imported to SL); it is highly unlikely that the car would have had its engine dismantled within its first 3 years of use. If it did..it would have been done by Toyota Japan under warranty and it would have had the issue properly fixed (lets not forget the car has run 4+ years after that if the repair was done). So mileage tampering is more likely. But then again..it really does not matter what the mileage is...if it was poorly maintained and pretty much used really harshly...it just could have developed the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...