• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oil Coming out from dip stick

Urmask

Hi Guys,

Is it normal engine oil to come out from dip stick hole while the engine is running and dip stick is out ?

vehicle - Montero Sport

Engine - 2.4L Diesel 100k ODO meter 

12 hours ago, Urmask said:

Hi Guys,

Is it normal engine oil to come out from dip stick hole while the engine is running and dip stick is out ?

vehicle - Montero Sport

Engine - 2.4L Diesel 100k ODO meter 

It shouldn't. Not under normal circumstances...And by oil I am assuming you mean a stream of oil laden gas / air right? Well its not really normal, and as your engine has only done 100k, I wouldn't think worn piston rings etc would be the cause...I am puzzled by this.

The #1 thing I would check is: Have you overfilled the engine oil? #2 would be : Is there some sort of issue with the PCV valve / breather tube / soot build-up in the manifold? 

Edited by Kavvz

5 hours ago, Kavvz said:

It shouldn't. Not under normal circumstances...And by oil I am assuming you mean a stream of oil laden gas / air right? Well its not really normal, and as your engine has only done 100k, I wouldn't think worn piston rings etc would be the cause...I am puzzled by this.

The #1 thing I would check is: Have you overfilled the engine oil? #2 would be : Is there some sort of issue with the PCV valve / breather tube / soot build-up in the manifold? 

I second this. 

Unless it's worn out piston rings causing excessive blowby in the crankcase, the above minor things like soot buildup and PCV blockage can be the culprit. 

But oil coming out? You sure you haven't over filled your oil? Also how's the gasket? 

Edited by AVANTE

What's the engine ? is it 4D56 TDI common rail? There are few engine designs of Mitsubishi ( Have experience with 4D56 and 4G15) the dipstick does not have an extended tubing and if you pull it out while running little bit of oil droplets will come out. This isn't a big issue to worry as long as it's with a lower dipstick opening by its design.