• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

I've been in a 17 sri Charade that did 140 when I was about 10 years old, so meh. Wasn't even scary.

17 "-" <dash> machan :P We had a Charade as well when I was kid- damn those things were steady -even at high speeds- they used to be raced until very recently I remember.

hmm the fastest i have gone eh?....

i hit 240kmph on the zx10 last august...and i remeber nudging 230kmph on the thunderace...both times the bikes had a lot more to offer,but yours truly chickened out....both were on the puttlam road

never been faster than 120kmph on a car though...cause i drive like an old granny when on four wheels :lol:

hmm the fastest i have gone eh?....

i hit 240kmph on the zx10 last august...and i remeber nudging 230kmph on the thunderace...both times the bikes had a lot more to offer,but yours truly chickened out....both were on the puttlam road

never been faster than 120kmph on a car though...cause i drive like an old granny when on four wheels :lol:

you really do have your wires crossed don't ya! :P

what kinda mentalist does 200+ in something which has no driver/rider protection at all?!?!? :o

a car is what you should be trying that kinda thing on!! <_<

but here those bikes of yours must be two of the out n out fastest motorised vehicles in the island ne da?! :huh:

ah here also , where have you been hiding ah?? we tried calling you quite a few times over the weekend to see where u where n what u were upto cuz we passed by your neighbourhood twice in 2 days! :mellow:

yes machan...the ZX is among the top 5 fastest here B) but the R1 guys give it a good run for it's money...and i wear protection ,always(arm pads,knee pads and stuff)......but i think you and i both agree that i would look ridiculous in a rider costume.....so i ride on casual clothing :lol: besides i'm truly not a speed junkie...i just enjoy riding at normal speed...it is very rarely that i exceed even 150 :)

been away for awhile machan...will get in touch soon :)

Edited by HelRazor

yes machan...the ZX is among the top 5 fastest here B) but the R1 guys give it a good run for it's money...and i wear protection ,always(arm pads,knee pads and stuff)......but i think you and i both agree that i would look ridiculous in a rider costume.....so i ride on casual clothing :lol: besides i'm truly not a speed junkie...i just enjoy riding at normal speed...it is very rarely that i exceed even 150 :)

machan i think you just gave me an idea for what to wear if ever i get invited to a fancy dress / halloween party! :lol:

since you mentioned it yourself , i'm going to leave the looking hillarious if not ridiculous part well alone! :D

machan i think you just gave me an idea for what to wear if ever i get invited to a fancy dress / halloween party! :lol:

since you mentioned it yourself , i'm going to leave the looking hillarious if not ridiculous part well alone! :D

ROFLMAO... a great idea indeed :lol:

let me know if you want to go for a retro look...cause i think me dad still has his old racing suit from the 60's complete with the helmet and them huge goggles :lol:

ROFLMAO... a great idea indeed :lol:

let me know if you want to go for a retro look...cause i think me dad still has his old racing suit from the 60's complete with the helmet and them huge goggles :lol:

awesome!!

i could never pull of neon green leather - but i recon i can manage something which is 40 years old :)

HelRazor,

If you're pushing on a bike, get good gear all over bro. Casual cloths will do nothing by way of protection against the ground. Lot easier to replace gear than your skin and bones.

I can see the issue with wearing leather in SL weather [hey that rimed :D] but hitting the ground at even 50-60 will do a number on your body.

This was the last exit I had and without the gear I will have no skin left in better part of my body. Got away with just a cracked shoulder and nothing more.

DSCN3573.jpg

DSCN3574.jpg

DSCN3577.jpg

DSCN3590.jpg

On a side note, how can one get a liter bike in SL? Share the secrets please :)

HelRazor,

If you're pushing on a bike, get good gear all over bro. Casual cloths will do nothing by way of protection against the ground. Lot easier to replace gear than your skin and bones.

I can see the issue with wearing leather in SL weather [hey that rimed :D] but hitting the ground at even 50-60 will do a number on your body.

lol...no no machan...the weather is not the problem

the thing is that i'm kind of a heavy set bloke,and i feel a little err.."out there" when i wear a riding suit.....my body was never ment for biking whatsoever(too wide and too high)...but i cant help it because that is my passion...i know there is no reason i can give to substitute safety of a full on rider suit

actually i have two supermoto leather mesh jackets i brought down along with the zx...and i wear very very high quality knee guards and arm guards,gloves...and a decent helmet of course...couple that with thick boots and pants it gives some decent protection....but i agree it is not the best protection set up to have

This was the last exit I had and without the gear I will have no skin left in better part of my body. Got away with just a cracked shoulder and nothing more.

yeah i saw those pics earlier on fb.....narrow escape dude...the bike was ok neda

shhhhhhhh.....where there's a will there's a way :lol:

Edited by HelRazor

lol...no no machan...the weather is not the problem

the thing is that i'm kind of a heavy set bloke,and i feel a little err.."out there" when i wear a riding suit.....my body was never ment for biking whatsoever(too wide and too high)...

i wonder if phat farm makes leather romper suits :P:lol:;):P

Me driving - 193 MPH (about 310 KMPH) in a 2007 997 (911) GT3 on the North Dallas Tollway.

Passenger Seat - 201 MPH (about 323 KMPH) in a Modified 2003 996 (911) GT2 with over 600 HP on the North Dallas Tollway

Me driving - 193 MPH (about 310 KMPH) in a 2007 997 (911) GT3 on the North Dallas Tollway.

Passenger Seat - 201 MPH (about 323 KMPH) in a Modified 2003 996 (911) GT2 with over 600 HP on the North Dallas Tollway

assuming that your not simply pulling our legs , that makes you AL's fast i recon ! :)

...hmmm but i wouldn't put it past Mani to have betterd that at some point or another... :lol:

the thing is that i'm kind of a heavy set bloke,and i feel a little err.."out there" when i wear a riding suit.....my body was never ment for biking whatsoever(too wide and too high)...but i cant help it because that is my passion...i know there is no reason i can give to substitute safety of a full on rider suit

actually i have two supermoto leather mesh jackets i brought down along with the zx...and i wear very very high quality knee guards and arm guards,gloves...and a decent helmet of course...couple that with thick boots and pants it gives some decent protection....but i agree it is not the best protection set up to have

yeah i saw those pics earlier on fb.....narrow escape dude...the bike was ok neda

Hi bro, I'm a heavy set bloke too, U've seen my leathers ;) .. well U could pick up a set of leathers from UK for your size too. There's plenty of heavy set blokes there. :) . Lets do a private track day at pannala soon .. I havent ridden the r1 since december .... so I just wanna hook up with some guys and have a day out.

Let me know .. cheers!

btw : The ZX is news to me :) .. which year's model is it ? got any pix of yours or similar ?

Edited by shamitz

Mani, if u r looking at buying a litre bike in SL, I may have a contact for u. But I dont think there's anyone who would rent one. Will give u the details on FB . :)

cheers!

Hi bro, I'm a heavy set bloke too, U've seen my leathers ;) .. well U could pick up a set of leathers from UK for your size too. There's plenty of heavy set blokes there. :) . Lets do a private track day at pannala soon .. I havent ridden the r1 since december .... so I just wanna hook up with some guys and have a day out.

Let me know .. cheers!

btw : The ZX is news to me :) .. which year's model is it ? got any pix of yours or similar ?

thanks for the advice shami....yeah must do something about the safety attire...i was goona come to your track meet in march but since it got postponed a later date i couldnt make it...yeah let's a private one atleast pretty soon...

incidentally machan it would be great if you post details about upcoming track days by the club on AL because there are a few bikers here now...

i think i told about the zx machan..anyways it is no secret(to some extent ;) ) there are some pics on me fb profile and if you're ever going past wennapuwa i can arrange for you to see them both in the flesh...just give me an alert first :)....but the kelaniya cars can be viewed any time...just drop by anytime

Mani, if u r looking at buying a litre bike in SL, I may have a contact for u. But I dont think there's anyone who would rent one. Will give u the details on FB . :)

cheers!

i sent mani a few pointers as well...but dont think he's looking to bring one down

Edited by HelRazor

Those top speeds are correct. I was visiting Amma and Thaththa for a few days in Sri Lanka, and found this Website. I am now back in Dallas.

In a street car, top speed runs are very different from 1/4 mile runs. If you look at the underside of a GT3 or GT2 (or for that matter, most cars that can attain over 300 KMPH), you would see how smooth and tight everything is for better aerodynamics (more downforce, less lift).

Both cars are incredible track cars, and to fully exploit their potential, you have to go to a track. The sound of the GT3 at high revs is intoxicating. Here's a good video, and the other two cars are not too bad either!

• 3 weeks later...
well its a matter of question weather you guys will believe me or not.. but, i've done 190 km/h in my toyota vios 1.5E (Manual gear). i did it twice (both times around 2.30 am) and i did it on the palawatte koswatte road. its damn dangerous but i'm really dissapointed with myself for not going up to 200 =( ... btw the car is completely stock.. just has a K&N air filter.

wow 190 in vios, btw hows the brakes ? or u have to shift down so hard ?