• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

well its a matter of question weather you guys will believe me or not.. but, i've done 190 km/h in my toyota vios 1.5E (Manual gear). i did it twice (both times around 2.30 am) and i did it on the palawatte koswatte road. its damn dangerous but i'm really dissapointed with myself for not going up to 200 =( ... btw the car is completely stock.. just has a K&N air filter.

doesn't the stock vios have a speed cut off like every other car at 180??

Edited by agitha

doesn't the stock vios have a speed cut off like every other car at 180??

Jap cars have a cut off coz its required by Jap law. Maybe the Thai made Vios doesn't have one?

Anyway, thats pretty dangerous. Pretty flimsy car for those speeds.

Toyota Vios 1.5E. K&N air filter (thats IT. everything else stock)

Manual gear shifting at about 6200-6300 RPM

190 Km/h (did it twice both times on the same road)

Palewatte to Koswatte (turn left coming from parliment ground and keep a steady speed of 100 Km/h and then after the next roundabout FLOOR IT and shift AFAP (As Fast As Possible lol))

Both times after 2.30 in the morning.

Really Dissapointed at my self for not hitting 200 Km/h..

btw was on 4th gear.. wasnt at 6000 RPM yet.. something like 5.700-5800 RPM

Didnt make it up to 200 Km/h cause i was worried about the braking distance.. (started braking just past Laughs Supermarket)

Deffinitly gonna hit 200 Km/h next time !!!

the 1nz engine is usually mounted to a close ratio gearbox so the car should top out at around 200. depends on how long you could bear to hold the engine over 6000 rpm. i've seen 1nz engined vitzs doing over 200 but with all that bulk and smaller wheels in a vios i guess thats pretty much the fastest it'll go.

Edited by JadeyBlitzen

Jap cars have a cut off coz its required by Jap law. Maybe the Thai made Vios doesn't have one?

Anyway, thats pretty dangerous. Pretty flimsy car for those speeds.

Edited by virensti

the 1nz engine is usually mounted to a close ratio gearbox so the car should top out at around 200. depends on how long you could bear to hold the engine over 6000 rpm. i've seen 1nz engined vitzs doing over 200 but with all that bulk and smaller wheels in a vios i guess thats pretty much the fastest it'll go.

Edited by virensti

yeah i was on 4th gear at about 5800 RPM. so it'll probably cut off on 5th at about 210-215 Km/h. But i'll tell you the vios 1st-2nd gears are bloody AWEFUL!!! i dunno if its cause my clutch is gone (it seems fine) but when you try to shift fast from 1st-2nd it doesnt fall in, i have to wait for like.5 of a sec for it to fall into 2nd gear.. and cause of that i get 0-100Km/h in 8.9 seconds only =( but on the bright side it goes upto about 105-110 on 2nd before it cuts off so its not too bad =)

the vios has the gearbox from the 2nz vitz then. that has lower ratios. and 8.9 for a vios is a pretty respectable time. but i doubt the clutch will buy you more than 0.5 secs. anyways i'd be pretty suprised if your car gets to 215. but for the safety of you and the others don't try to break your own records cos those things dont really end well.

damn dude!...hitting 190 that close to colombo?.....i'm crazy as hell but even i wouldnt attempt that,specially in a vios... :punish:

speed is awesome only for the moment, im still unhappy abt my crazy 220+ drive @ merine drive last year oct

the vios has the gearbox from the 2nz vitz then. that has lower ratios. and 8.9 for a vios is a pretty respectable time. but i doubt the clutch will buy you more than 0.5 secs. anyways i'd be pretty suprised if your car gets to 215. but for the safety of you and the others don't try to break your own records cos those things dont really end well.

Edited by virensti

speed is awesome only for the moment, im still unhappy abt my crazy 220+ drive @ merine drive last year oct

Yeah true that. its just that rush of adreniline.. but for me more than hitting an insane speed. beating some guy in a race round a track is the best feeling.. and DAMN 220!! lol whats that car?

damn dude!...hitting 190 that close to colombo?.....i'm crazy as hell but even i wouldnt attempt that,specially in a vios... :punish:
Edited by virensti

Yeah true that. its just that rush of adreniline.. but for me more than hitting an insane speed. beating some guy in a race round a track is the best feeling.. and DAMN 220!! lol whats that car?

just a small car with 2L Turbo AWD lol

yeah machang.....speed is not my prority anymore either,i just enjoy the ride now...

even the speeds i quoted from the bikes were only short bursts....you come in from a corner carying as much speed and let her loose in a familiar straight on the puttlam road for 15 seconds...that's it

even that was to check out what the newly accuired hardware can do.....havent done it ever since :)

yeah machang.....speed is not my prority anymore either,i just enjoy the ride now...

even the speeds i quoted from the bikes were only short bursts....you come in from a corner carying as much speed and let her loose in a familiar straight on the puttlam road for 15 seconds...that's it

even that was to check out what the newly accuired hardware can do.....havent done it ever since :)

At night we run some friendly Drags at Attidiya, other than that no speeding from me also,

At night we run some friendly Drags at Attidiya, other than that no speeding from me also,

hitting the top speed isnt important. and even driving fast isn't that important. i think what matters relishing the fact that you got a really fast machine and you can quickly reach speeds over 160 and bring it back to normal speeds in a very short distance when nobody's looking. even if you dont actually do it :D

Top Speed: 150Km/h

Machine: 92 Honda Civic EG VTi

Mods: Few decent ones, not stickers :D

Road: Kandy - Peradeniya

Time: Last weekend @ 10am

What prevented you from going further: Ughh.... atm cudnt afford new tyres so dint risk my or passenger's lives lol

Misc: 1st @70kmph, 2nd@110kmph, 3rd@140kmph

*dint notice the thread date :unsure: ^^

Edited by shanX

Car:Starlet GT 1993 :rolleyes:

Mods:Stock Engine with Irridiums

Baseline Road: Standing start from Dematagoda Color lights right past flyover to Samantha colour light 140kmph

Greenpath: Rolling start from 30kmph upto 158kmph

Colombo to Kandy: 165kmph after kegalle

:D:D

sigh.. you are soo lucky man... i tell everyone who has STi's.. appreciate every meter you get to drive in them... most of us dont have the amazing honour of driving them..let alone owning them.. ah whatta do.. hehe.. where bout's in attidiya? any one races in cars that dont hit 100 in under 5 seconds? hehe :P

sigh.. you are soo lucky man... i tell everyone who has STi's.. appreciate every meter you get to drive in them... most of us dont have the amazing honour of driving them..let alone owning them.. ah whatta do.. hehe.. where bout's in attidiya? any one races in cars that dont hit 100 in under 5 seconds? hehe :P

thanx machan, we start infront of the emmision test center and end near the bridge, people dnt complain at all cus they use to it,

thanx machan, we start infront of the emmision test center and end near the bridge, people dnt complain at all cus they use to it,

[/quote

Edited by virensti