• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is it fixable

Lescy

Question

Good afternoon or morning according to the time you receive this email I would like to find out what the problem with my car. Firstly the problem facing my car is that it takes time for the car to drive forward, if I charge my car for half an hour before going it picks up very fast but if you start the engine and leave for ten minutes to drive forward it take very long unless I reverse it then move it forward, but it still takes time to move forward. 

3 answers to this question

The issue mentioned seems to be a common issue with automatic gear boxes..

Could you please let us know your vehicle model and YOM and mileage etc.? And have you maintained your car well up to now? ATF changed on time?

Most probably, you will have to repair your gear box or replace with a recondition one. But, a simple ATF oil change might also fix your issue, if it is due for change soon..

Lescy,

As the above post member Dee Jay mentioned the problem will be on the auto gear box,

first thing if you like change change (ATF)  Gear box oil, that will some times correct the problem what you have.

Next is change with a used gear box, this will cost lot cannot inform the cost, still you will be getting a unknown used unit cannot say the condition of that also. There are no reconditioned gear boxes in Sri Lanka. All what is with the used car parts dealers are removed from used vehicles, cannot say how many miles that gear box vehicle has done before that was removed.

Next is go to a good recommended auto gear box repairer who will do a satisfactory repair by changing parts from a another used auto gear box what they have.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:23 PM, Lescy said:

Good afternoon or morning according to the time you receive this email I would like to find out what the problem with my car. Firstly the problem facing my car is that it takes time for the car to drive forward, if I charge my car for half an hour before going it picks up very fast but if you start the engine and leave for ten minutes to drive forward it take very long unless I reverse it then move it forward, but it still takes time to move forward. 

Are you driving an electric vehicle?

If so it is different from a traditional gear box. Let us know the make / model as mentioned previously.