• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Bluebird Sylphy 2003-2005 (facelift) (FG10) and other cars for 2-3mn range

ACHIYA

Hi all,

I'm looking for a sedan in 2.0-3.0 Mil range. I think Nissan Bluebird Sylphy 2003,2004 (FG10) 1500cc is a decent car for that price range. I was looking for a Corolla 121 but now they are over priced. So I don't think it's worth the money.

Anyhow,

1. I am interested on knowing what the best available vehicles within my budget. So any suggestions?
  2. Are there any common issues / repairs in FG10 1500cc variant?
  3. Is it a reliable car?
  4. How's the acceleration of the 1.5 engine? (I'm asking about the power to weight ratio) 
  5. How's the fuel consumption?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by iRage

HI @ACHIYA

So you display slight hints of someone who can potentially enjoy driving :)

For your budget...I believe you can find a Lancer CS or an Axela (mayeb even ones that are a bit newer than the Sylphy you are looking at ?). Both these cars are much nicer to drive than the Sylphy (but the Sylphy is more comfortable...but drives a bit like a gran father's couch). The Lancer will feel a bit simplistic inside but is nice to drive...(also you might be able to find one with a proper agent's service histry as a lot of them were brought down as brand new imports).

Conventional and old theory dictates that a smaller engine,  will do better on fuel whilst sitting in traffic whilst a larger engine will do better pulling weight and driving (thus the reason why Sri Lankans fear anything more than a 1.5L..this used to be anything more than 1.3L).  However, when you take the overall efficiency and performance between a 1.3L and 1.5L..you will see that the 1.5L is pretty much the same as a 1.3L

• Thanks 1

I have,

1. Nissan,
  • Bluebird sylphy 2003-2005 FG10
  • Tiida ~2007

2.Toyota, 121 cars in my mind.

I know the 121s are over-priced right now. 

Can I have your opinions?

What are the other good/ reliable cars in my price range?

Are there any known issue with above cars? 

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, ACHIYA said:

I have,

1. Nissan,
  • Bluebird sylphy 2003-2005 FG10
  • Tiida ~2007

2.Toyota, 121 cars in my mind.

I know the 121s are over-priced right now. 

Can I have your opinions?

What are the other good/ reliable cars in my price range?

Are there any known issue with above cars? 

Thanks in advance.

axela and civic is pretty good. you can get a ES5 facelift for that range.  also try a 2005-9 lancer 

• Thanks 1

• iRage changed the title to Nissan Bluebird Sylphy 2003-2005 (facelift) (FG10) and other cars for 2-3mn range
12 hours ago, iRage said:

HI @ACHIYA

So you display slight hints of someone who can potentially enjoy driving :)

For your budget...I believe you can find a Lancer CS or an Axela (mayeb even ones that are a bit newer than the Sylphy you are looking at ?). Both these cars are much nicer to drive than the Sylphy (but the Sylphy is more comfortable...but drives a bit like a gran father's couch). The Lancer will feel a bit simplistic inside but is nice to drive...(also you might be able to find one with a proper agent's service histry as a lot of them were brought down as brand new imports).

Conventional and old theory dictates that a smaller engine,  will do better on fuel whilst sitting in traffic whilst a larger engine will do better pulling weight and driving (thus the reason why Sri Lankans fear anything more than a 1.5L..this used to be anything more than 1.3L).  However, when you take the overall efficiency and performance between a 1.3L and 1.5L..you will see that the 1.5L is pretty much the same as a 1.3L

How's the comfortability of lancers? I saw some 2008 lancer cs2/3 's within my range. 

I think the 1.3 has significantly less pickup compared to the 1.5 ones. Correct me if I'm wrong. I saw that the 1.5L also not sufficient for the sylphy. Is that true? Do you have any idea about that?

Thanks again.

The lancers will have a slightly firmer ride but it is still comfortable. It is the slightly firmer ride that makes its handling better than the Sylphy and the 121. Both of the latter have very soft suspension to make the ride very very soft.

The Sylphy...compared to the likes of the 121 and the Lancer and Axela was a bit heavier..about 90kg ? or something of the sort....and the engine was about 7 hp less than the 1.5L Corolla and other vehicles. So it was a bit down on performance. In fact after the mid cycle refresh Nissan took off the 1.5L variant out of the Japanese market and only offered the car in 1.*l guise. Now..the car will run fine...it won't be the fastest thing on the road (but a Sylphy was not build for that)...and under heavy load it will struggle a bit more.