• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for a first car (not a fan of cramp fuel eco)

Divaagar P

Question

Hi guys i am fan of autolanka since the day i dreamt about buying a car, I just admire the posts and gather info little by little from you guys. Fortunately now i am able to buy one for my own and looking towards the experts guidance. Following are my requirements 

* should be spacious, no crampy vehicle im huge

*marks accords bluebirds are my favourite types

* sedan mpv or Station wagon 

* decent fuel economy in outstation 10-15 ok, (i never plan to visit colombo😁

* budget 2m to 3m

* not planning for a reselling, hence doesn't give a shit about resale value

* should be able to repair in anuradhapura or above(i work in Mullaithivu) 

* loved a gx110 in 2.5 mil price tag but its gone now, similar vehicles with decent parts availability is highly appreciated 

* I love to drive cars but never driven other people's vehicle because I'm too shy to ask

* will take good care of the vehicle according to an expert advice( no previous experience) 

* i like to save the money by buying an undervalued luxury car and spend it in fuel 

* 4 people should travel comfortably with two German shepherds

Please be kind to me and give your opinion 

Edited by Divaagar P

Thank you irage and ruslan for your kind suggestions i am looking for a good vehicle according to your guidelines and the previous discussions i will be aware about the mechanics but as you know most car enthusiastic people live in the southern half of Sri Lanka therefore most good mechanics are also around them. That is a little bit of issue but i will manage it. If there is a good mechanic available in any corner i will go  for him, after i buy the vehicle i will ask suggestion from you for good mechanic. Please give your kind suggestion then, and before buying one vehicle i will check with you last minute  guys because if you give a green signal i will get courageous and go for it. 

Well...you shoud consider getting the car inspected at the agent or a place like car checks....these chaecks ae comprehensive and check the mechanicals and the structural integrity of the car. With cars these days you really cannot just do a visual inspection and see if everything is ok.

Obviously the likes of a Toyota or Nissan will be easier to maintain even in the remotest areas of the island because of easy access to parts...but where skilled mechanics are concerned...that is a different question. 

Thank you irage and ruslan for your kind suggestions i am looking for a good vehicle according to your guidelines and the previous discussions i will be aware about the mechanics but as you know most car enthusiastic people live in the southern half of Sri Lanka therefore most good mechanics are also around them. That is a little bit of issue but i will manage it. If there is a good mechanic available in any corner i will go  for him, after i buy the vehicle i will ask suggestion from you for good mechanic. Please give your kind suggestion then, and before buying one vehicle i will check with you last minute  guys because if you give a green signal i will get courageous and go for it. 

7 hours ago, Divaagar P said:

Please let me know if anybody have first hand experience with Mitsubishi IO i think its kind of cute and muscular at the same time and fits my budget 

My ex girlfriend had a Pajero iO Fun little RWD crossover. Had a proper 4WD system. Did not have much problems except for the fact that the coil pack needed replacement. This was in East Timor with poor petrol and being a GDI variant it had some wierd knocks every once in a while but they would dissapear and still kept on running. Had to change the fuel filter a few times and it was a pain to replace because of its location. I beleive these GDI engines had some issues with fuel in Sri Lanka and most Mitsubishi engines with the early GDI engines were messed around by maka baases and got screwed up  (Sri Lanka has an export variant which does not have the GDI engine). So..if you can find a good speciment it is a nice car. Especially if you can find a good old fashioned MT. Not sure about body parts though. It is not a common car so might have issues finding body parts for it. Mechanicals are shared with other Mitsubishis. 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:43 PM, Divaagar P said:

Please let me know if anybody have first hand experience with Mitsubishi IO i think its kind of cute and muscular at the same time and fits my budget 

Had two. Bloody good off-roaders. Parts and maintenance is on par with jap pricing.Manual does better on fuel and it’s also a 5 speed(auto was 4spd, kinda laggy).

Try to get one with the Teak NARDI Steering wheel/climate control/upgraded audio system with tweeters on the door. NAVI screen that was on top(rare but well worth it). Few around with sunroof(huuuge). 

Get one that's well maintained. Most are now used by buyya’s and hobo’s because of the low entry price. Get an inspection for sure. Issues were with GDI PUMP/ENGINE WEARING OUT. Rest is normal. GDI is not as bad as the buyyas say, pump super petrol and ride hard. You’ll be fine. (There is an EFI Montero IO, does 5kmpl and is super basic).

Keep a few lacks for any pending repairs or ugly surprises (This applies to ANY vehicle really).

I might be late to jump on this train but for that budget your best option is definitely a gx90 since gx100s are blowing way over the market value right now. And dare I say nissan cefiros too? I know that most people hates them but if you can find a good quality excimo G (japanese models) they are quite nice I assume and under your budget. Glorias and Cedric's are top notch too but people are asking way more than they are worth. I tend to incline more towards nissan but they have their own shortcomings as well as advantages. 

21 hours ago, IndulaC said:

I might be late to jump on this train but for that budget your best option is definitely a gx90 since gx100s are blowing way over the market value right now. And dare I say nissan cefiros too? I know that most people hates them but if you can find a good quality excimo G (japanese models) they are quite nice I assume and under your budget. Glorias and Cedric's are top notch too but people are asking way more than they are worth. I tend to incline more towards nissan but they have their own shortcomings as well as advantages. 

Thank you, i was afraid earlier to include cefiro because so many people come and mock at them. Ii my view it is a. Nice and elegant vehicle it deserves more than the people gives to it. If there is a nice one and not abused definitely will go for it. 

1 hour ago, Divaagar P said:

Nice and elegant vehicle it deserves more than the people gives to it. I

It does poor on petrol and the singapore version has shit mechanicals otherwise the japanese ones are ok but always look for one with maintainance records since most has issues with the ECU. Other than that I think your good to go, but hey that's my opinion and I've only been in a cefiro not own one.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:54 PM, Divaagar P said:

Thank you, i was afraid earlier to include cefiro because so many people come and mock at them. Ii my view it is a. Nice and elegant vehicle it deserves more than the people gives to it. If there is a nice one and not abused definitely will go for it. 

Now I am confussed....is this dog and human requirement still holding up ? or have we swapped the humans for dogs and/vice versa ? 

Because....2 large dogs + 4 humans are NOT going to fit in any sedan out of Japan and Europe (atleast not in standard form).