Looking for a first car (not a fan of cramp fuel eco)
AutoLanka Cars For Sale
Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]
Recent Status Updates
I occasionally browse social media of AL members (that I can find of course) Mostly the member active from 2006 ish to around 2014.· 1 reply
I am proud to say almost all of them are much wealthier now than when they joined many years ago.
Most of them drive some real cool machines.Some are even on the “car spotters” pages (which seems to be the achievement target for young guys)
I’m very sure the passion and excitement plus the wealth of knowledge gained from Autolanka helped them to have the awesome taste in cars they do. In a sea of new money people and their flashy show off cars. The Autolanka crowd still stands taller.
Not many young people know about AL, even the old members seem to have forgotten/passed that era. But the cars they drive and the class they show is unmatched in the car scene.
Thank you @MADZ for starting AL and even more so for maintaining it all these years. I saw that you are in Sri Lanka no more, understandably. But I’m glad you still make the effort to keep it going.
The country keeps going backwards. But at least the Autolanka members are doing well and keeping that AL spirit.
After owning the Camry for 2 years I just realized I have never been driven in the backseat. The only other person who has driven the car other than myself as well is my Mechanic· 3 replies
Going to get an Audi 80 Convertible. Going to pull that sri lankan baiya out and ask the owners "dan athey 750$ thiyenawa mokada kiyanne 750$ karamuda, dan arang yanawa" for a 5000$ car.· 1 reply
5 mil. Hatchback. Fun. Manual is preferred. Not too low. Something newer. Fuel is not considered. Resale can kiss sirs arse. Open to euros not just jdm. Choose your weapon.· 13 replies
By Thinupa Wijetunga
Hi guys i am fan of autolanka since the day i dreamt about buying a car, I just admire the posts and gather info little by little from you guys. Fortunately now i am able to buy one for my own and looking towards the experts guidance. Following are my requirements
* should be spacious, no crampy vehicle im huge
*marks accords bluebirds are my favourite types
* sedan mpv or Station wagon
* decent fuel economy in outstation 10-15 ok, (i never plan to visit colombo😁)
* budget 2m to 3m
* not planning for a reselling, hence doesn't give a shit about resale value
* should be able to repair in anuradhapura or above(i work in Mullaithivu)
* loved a gx110 in 2.5 mil price tag but its gone now, similar vehicles with decent parts availability is highly appreciated
* I love to drive cars but never driven other people's vehicle because I'm too shy to ask
* will take good care of the vehicle according to an expert advice( no previous experience)
* i like to save the money by buying an undervalued luxury car and spend it in fuel
* 4 people should travel comfortably with two German shepherds
Please be kind to me and give your opinionEdited by Divaagar P
Link to comment
Share on other sites
36 answers to this question
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.