• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

HMMF and IMA issue

Kanwarpreet singh

Question

I have Honda insight 2010. It has done only 76000kms. Bought it yesterday. And today it shows HMMF sign with spanner sign. I Googled it and followed some instructions. It is coming 1900kms, NOT with minus (-) sign. Just wanted to know what does it mean? Does it mean that it has already been driven 1900 Kms over or it can go another 1900 Kms before changing the oil

IMG_20210124_192011.jpg

IMG_20210124_194943.jpg

• Sad 1

1 answer to this question

Usually the CVT oil which is (Honda Multimatic Oil) should be replaced every 40,000km (which is the service interval recommended). However, since the car is equipped with a maintenance minder it must be giving the reminder when the oil change is due. Since you are anyway near the 80,000km mark you can get the CVT oil changed with HMMF (use this oil and not any other CVT oil). Maybe the previous owner did the previous CVT oil change before 40,000km mark so the reminder is being triggered.

Google translation of the 1st image says shortly maintenance; so I guess it can go another 1900km till the HMMF oil change. But, no harm in getting it done earlier. Sooner the better :) Hope you have maintenance records etc. that backs the mileage of the car.