• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2011 civic fd1 variants?

Tharun 93

Question

Hi guys. Yet again with questions regarding civic fd1 😁.

I recently stumbled upon a 2011 civic fd1. It does not have a sunroof or cruise control but has paddle shift and winker mirrors. I was told by the owner that 2011 civic fd1s do not have cruise control and sunroofs and there was no type s variant in 2011 fd1s unlike in previous year models. I want to know whether this is the case or whether I’m being taken for a ride.

I was quoted a price of 4.7M. I want to know whether this is a reasonable price taking into consideration its mileage which is 174k km. If not what would be the reasonable price of such a car.

Edited by Tharun 93

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Tharun 93 said:

Hi guys. Yet again with questions regarding civic fd1 😁.

I recently stumbled upon a 2011 civic fd1. It does not have a sunroof or cruise control but has paddle shift and winker mirrors. I was told by the owner that 2011 civic fd1s do not have cruise control and sunroofs and there was no type s variant in 2011 fd1s unlike in previous year models. I want to know whether this is the case or whether I’m being taken for a ride.

I was quoted a price of 4.7M. I want to know whether this is a reasonable price taking into consideration its mileage which is 174k km. If not what would be the reasonable price of such a car.

Were you able to know the country of manufacture of the car?

JDM FD1 GL has specifications similar to what you have told. In Japan a package called S was offered on top of the grades for FD1 GL and FD2 GL which added some cosmetic mods and as per the information available there is no sun roof included for the S package.

Cruise control was an optional extra that was available for JDM FD1, FD2 and FD3. So there could be cars with and without cruise control. So seems the car you have mentioned is a FD1 GL unless it has the options included in the S package like alcantara seats, trunk spoiler, half shade front window and rear privacy glass.

Here you will see a summary of the options according to grade and what the S package offers for the latter models starting from 2007 and ending in August 2010 (which the car in question belongs to. 

As per the information I gathered either the FD1S with the sunroof seems to be from the initial batch of FD series manufactured between 2005 and 2006, of which the options and specifications are no longer available in the Honda Japan archives. Maybe @iRagecan shed some light on this FD1S with the sunroof. If not the cars with sunroof are not JDM and imported from countries like Singapore etc.

Edited by Dee Jay
  • Like 1

Highly informative dee jay. 

So the extra stuff offered in type s are mainly cosmetic except for the tinted rear windows? 

and this one doesn’t seem to boast a trunk spoiler, does it? And it comes with factory fitted leather seats.

Edited by iRage
Previously a link was included leading you to a advertising site.

Well...what are you referring too as S ?

When the FD was first launched there was a 1.8S for the FD1 which was the highest grade. It was not long lived. The FD3 was launched a year after the FD1 at which point they set the FD3 GL as the highest grade and the 1.8GL almost the same an and being the highest grade in the 1.8L). I don't have a physical catalog but I believe it did not have a sunroof.

When the FD3 was launched in 2006 Cruise control was standard with some intelligent cruise control something being an optional upgrade for the FD3 GL and FD1 GL...later that was replaced with ACC (I believe towards the later years). Paddle shifters ere there in the GL grades

Now...in Japan the Civic was discontinued in 2010...so you could not have a 2011 JDM Civic. 

But yes....the equipment you have mentioned is similar to that of a JDM Civic FD GL trim.

The seller was right but also wrong. If he was talking about the 1.8S trim level (i.e. grade) yes...2011 JDM did not have one. If he was referring to the S package which was a manufacturer option package for the GL grade..then that lasted till 2010 when the car was retired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Well...what are you referring too as S ?

Well @iRage there is a FD1 model in Sri Lanka with the sun rood and that is referred to as FD1S..

2 hours ago, iRage said:

When the FD was first launched there was a 1.8S for the FD1 which was the highest grade. It was not long lived.

It is highly probable that it is this model everyone is talking about.. @iRage Have you seen FD1 cars in Japan with the sun roof?

I think two members own/owned this particular model with the sun roof.. @fiat fanand @ICL

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

It is highly probable that it is this model everyone is talking about.. @iRage Have you seen FD1 cars in Japan with the sun roof?

Well..in Japan the FD1 S grade was there only for a year (until the FD2 was launched). Other markets might have continued to have it ?

Yes..there are JDM Civics with sunroofs...but they are aftermarket installs...not catalog manufacturer or dealer options. The thing is Japanese do not like sunroofs because they have a very bad reputation in Japan. Even now....people still opt out of panoramic roofs and such....and those who have it seem to be complaining.

30 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

I think two members own/owned this particular model with the sun roof.. @fiat fanand @ICL

But export models that were brought in through the agent right ?

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Yes..there are JDM Civics with sunroofs...but they are aftermarket installs...not catalog manufacturer or dealer options. The thing is Japanese do not like sunroofs because they have a very bad reputation in Japan. Even now....people still opt out of panoramic roofs and such....and those who have it seem to be complaining.

I see then it is in line with what I read in the Honda Japan archives.. Sadly they have hidden information about the 1st batch of FD production from 2005 to 2006 which this FD1S belongs to.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

But export models that were brought in through the agent right ?

Yes, maybe Stafford brought in FD1 models initially (which did have sun roof and cruise control).. in the latter years I think they only brought down the FD4 variant which doesn't have either and with minimal options compared to the JDM counterparts.

• Like 1

4.7mil? RUN.

AFAIK most stafford ordered cars were fully loaded until around 2010. After that the taxes made the options too pricey to obtain. Plus the model was coming to an end and the hybrid FD3 was out, stafford dint care no more.

The fully loaded had-

Sunroof.

cruise control.

pedal shifters.

climate control touch ac.

HId lights.

Fogs(base model didn’t says stafford).

You can’t really be too lenient on grades with these. Go for a stafford import/serviced with all the options(they can verify for u).

Also, 3.6 is the MAXIMUM I would pay for a Loaded/Well maintained example. The fan boys are hyping it up.

edit- multifunction wheel was also on the loaded models only.

I hope I didn’t miss anything else.

Edited by fiat fan
Added
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

4.7mil? RUN.

AFAIK most stafford ordered cars were fully loaded until around 2010. After that the taxes made the options too pricey to obtain. Plus the model was coming to an end and the hybrid FD3 was out, stafford dint care no more.

The fully loaded had-

Sunroof.

cruise control.

pedal shifters.

climate control touch ac.

HId lights.

Fogs(base model didn’t says stafford).

You can’t really be too lenient on grades with these. Go for a stafford import/serviced with all the options(they can verify for u).

Also, 3.6 is the MAXIMUM I would pay for a Loaded/Well maintained example. The fan boys are hyping it up.

edit- multifunction wheel was also on the loaded models only.

I hope I didn’t miss anything else.

@fiat fanAny idea of the country of origin of the Stafford model?? Was it Japan??

Well Stafford seemed to have ordered FD4s after around 2009 it seems and they don't even have the multi function steering wheel, paddle shifters, HID lights, cruise control and the sun roof..

Btw now prices of used cars in SL have appreciated like crazy and you can hardly find any FDs below 4 million mark it seems except for some FD3s with battery issues etc..

Even Allion 240s are trading above 4 million these days.. crazy times bro

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

@fiat fanAny idea of the country of origin of the Stafford model?? Was it Japan??

Well Stafford seemed to have ordered FD4s after around 2009 it seems and they don't even have the multi function steering wheel, paddle shifters, HID lights, cruise control and the sun roof..

Btw now prices of used cars in SL have appreciated like crazy and you can hardly find any FDs below 4 million mark it seems except for some FD3s with battery issues etc..

Even Allion 240s are trading above 4 million these days.. crazy times bro

Some say it’s Thailand. Stafford says Japan. The quality is very high though, similar to german levels. So I don’t think that matters. It’s a very solid built car.

Yes they went from FD1-FD4-FD3.

About 10 manual FD1’s were imported(they pull like the Udarata Manike train).

FD4 is slower,plainer,much more basic and honestly almost the same economy as the FD1.

The beauty in the FDs are that 1.8 motor and those features,makes it close to a euro.

If you are spending above 4mil, I would say get something nicer. The FD1 is nice, but not 4mil plus nice!

On the topic of overpriced cars- most cars don’t get sold for months, try to haggle. Don’t  pay ridiculous money to scumbags.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Some say it’s Thailand. Stafford says Japan. The quality is very high though, similar to german levels. So I don’t think that matters. It’s a very solid built car.

In all honesty....the whole Thai assembled cars have poor build quality statement has been invalid since the early 2000s. Models that are made for developing market (Vios, XPander, City, etc...) lack refinement as they chose less refined materials for its finish but they have not compromised build quality. Where "global models" are concerned, you really cannot tell a difference between what was built in Japan, Thailand, Australia, etc...

I always thought that the place it was assembled could have been dependant on the variant itself...for example, FD1 from Japan as it is available in Japan and most other markets, FD4 thailand as it is a model that is somewhat regionally selective, etc...or it could simply be that towards the latter part Japan just did not make anything other than FD3s (which is highly likely because Honda and other manufacturers did not have the capability to build Hybrid vehicles in most of their SEA and SA plants..or those outside of Japan in some cases)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iRage said:

In all honesty....the whole Thai assembled cars have poor build quality statement has been invalid since the early 2000s. Models that are made for developing market (Vios, XPander, City, etc...) lack refinement as they chose less refined materials for its finish but they have not compromised build quality. Where "global models" are concerned, you really cannot tell a difference between what was built in Japan, Thailand, Australia, etc...

I always thought that the place it was assembled could have been dependant on the variant itself...for example, FD1 from Japan as it is available in Japan and most other markets, FD4 thailand as it is a model that is somewhat regionally selective, etc...or it could simply be that towards the latter part Japan just did not make anything other than FD3s (which is highly likely because Honda and other manufacturers did not have the capability to build Hybrid vehicles in most of their SEA and SA plants..or those outside of Japan in some cases)

Very true.

I think the VIN starting with J for Japan made is applicable to Honda(all makes really).  If you are keen to find out!

• Like 1

Thanks heaps for the info guys. 
Bizarre enough it has a single multifunction steering wheel as opposed to having dual multifunction. I always thought loaded ones had dual multifunction. And dee jay it has company fitted leather seats not alcantara seats and there’s no trunk spoiler as well. In addition it has winker mirrors.
My bad iRage. I’ll be careful next time.

Fiat fan, so what you are suggesting is that being a 2011 model that has been imported through Stafford this isn’t fully loaded.

Edited by Tharun 93

1 hour ago, Tharun 93 said:

Bizarre enough it has a single multifunction steering wheel as opposed to having dual multifunction. I always thought loaded ones had dual multifunction. And dee jay it has company fitted leather seats not alcantara seats and there’s no trunk spoiler as well. In addition it has winker mirrors.

So this could ideally be the FD1 GL if imported from Japan or a Thailand one (you can expect the same quality regardless of the country of origin). Single multi-function is because it doesn't have cruise control? (left side multi-function is for audio and phone controls while right side is for cruise control). Cruise control became an optional extra in the later years..

You could have gotten a better idea if you inspected the VIN tag on the car which would have had the country of origin and the grade along with the chassis number etc. :) 

So I believe the specimen in discussion should fetch a price far below than 4.7M. But fiat fan I think it’s practically impossible to haggle to get the price down to 3.6M (even this being a GL trim) considering the current situation of the used vehicle market in Sri Lanka. So what do you guys reckon the reasonable price for this specimen considering the fact that this is a GL trim with paddle shift, single multifunction and leather seats and the fact that there’s no cruise control, sunroof and it having a mileage of 173k km?

9 hours ago, Tharun 93 said:

So I believe the specimen in discussion should fetch a price far below than 4.7M. But fiat fan I think it’s practically impossible to haggle to get the price down to 3.6M (even this being a GL trim) considering the current situation of the used vehicle market in Sri Lanka. So what do you guys reckon the reasonable price for this specimen considering the fact that this is a GL trim with paddle shift, single multifunction and leather seats and the fact that there’s no cruise control, sunroof and it having a mileage of 173k km?

It doesn't matter what the grade/trim-level is. How did it fair on the inspection report ? What are the issues that you have to resolve ?

Also....no matter how much you pay for it you ahve to account for some pre-emptive maintenance you have to do right off the bat. Then at 175,000km I am sure it has some scheduled maintenances due (in addition to attending to what was missed or unverifiable). So yeah....account for all that when you negotiate.

As for whether it is worth the price....that only you can answer as it is very very subjective (especially when you consider the market status). For the same price...a quick search on our quick site shows that for the same price you will be able to source a older Allion/Premio (late 240 series and early 260 series) with probably a few dozen owners who ran the car backwards and the mileage got lesser with age, or a lsightly older Axela/3. I reckon if you can find one, a Lancer EX would also be around the same price mark..perhaps a bit newer. But out of all those options, the Civic is the nicer all rounder. 

• Like 2