• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will the vehicle prices come back to normal in the near future ,will it be the new normal or increase further more ?

Gayantha.gk

Question

Im thinking of getting a good vehicle for 2mil - 3mil but all vehicles are over priced by alot. In this current market there are whole lot of indian cars floating in the market.

Just wondering whether car prices be this high for a long time or will it reduce in the near future. I have got many unofficial news from few of my circles saying this will not continue for a long time , is this true ??, will it be the same for how long ??? , or will it increase more ?? 

Quick answers are expected 😀😀😊

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Gayantha.gk said:

Never heard of it untill now , does it have a good resale market ?? , hows the spare parts availabilty good ??, asking since i have null knowledge about those aspects 🤔🤔

its hard to think theres a good resale market beyond popular brands like toyota , mitsubishi , etc 

Depends on what you mean a "good resale market". 

It cost 3.2mil brand new back in 2015,  now it goes for around 2.8mn-3mn. Its 1800CC engine and relative obscurity makes it a hard sell - exactly the reasons why it fits your budget even in a turbulent vehicle market we're experiencing rn.

There is no recon spare parts market for cars like these so you're dependent on the authorized agent Micro, which isn't known for its stellar after sales service. However, as far as I know maintenance costs aren't abysmal - a routine lube service costs like 10-12k at the agent while it costs 18-20k for the same for an Axio at the authorized agent.

Body parts that are most likely to need replacing can be obtained for half the cost of a Japanese counterpart - for example, a brand new bumper costs like 45k (with painting and labor). Same goes for engine parts.

I'd suggest you to look into it a little more and compare it with other cars you can afford on your budget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gayantha.gk said:

Im thinking of getting a good vehicle for 2mil - 3mil but all vehicles are over priced by alot. In this current market there are whole lot of indian cars floating in the market.

Just wondering whether car prices be this high for a long time or will it reduce in the near future. I have got many unofficial news from few of my circles saying this will not continue for a long time , is this true ??, will it be the same for how long ??? , or will it increase more ?? 

Quick answers are expected 😀😀😊

Its gonna take more than a year for covid to get back to normal all over the world. Given the policies in our country its gonna be a while. But who can say for sure, things are unpredictable. 

When Will Covid Pandemic End? Vaccine Calculator Shows 7 Years at Current Rate - Bloomberg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gayantha.gk said:

Never heard of it untill now , does it have a good resale market ?? , hows the spare parts availabilty good ??, asking since i have null knowledge about those aspects 🤔🤔

its hard to think theres a good resale market beyond popular brands like toyota , mitsubishi , etc 

If you are looking to swap cars every now and then, it wont be as viable due to the tough resale market. but, for personal use most cars rebadged by micro stand up well with good maintenance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

It cost 3.2mil brand new back in 2015,  now it goes for around 2.8mn-3mn. Its 1800CC engine and relative obscurity makes it a hard sell - exactly the reasons why it fits your budget even in a turbulent vehicle market we're experiencing rn.

There is no recon spare parts market for cars like these so you're dependent on the authorized agent Micro, which isn't known for its stellar after sales service. However, as far as I know maintenance costs aren't abysmal - a routine lube service costs like 10-12k at the agent while it costs 18-20k for the same for an Axio at the authorized agent.

Body parts that are most likely to need replacing can be obtained for half the cost of a Japanese counterpart - for example, a brand new bumper costs like 45k (with painting and labor). Same goes for engine parts.

I'd suggest you to look into it a little more and compare it with other cars you can afford on your budget.

Quick Google search says tis the only Chinese car at the time to score a 4 star NCAP safety rating. And the interior on the newer ones are gorgeous. 

I'm actually starting to like this thing. Only thing that would get in the way would be badge snobbery. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Thanks for the advice and the intel brother really appreciate your help !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

Quick Google search says tis the only Chinese car at the time to score a 4 star NCAP safety rating. And the interior on the newer ones are gorgeous. 

I'm actually starting to like this thing. Only thing that would get in the way would be badge snobbery. 

And another plus point is almost every Chinese ecommerce website and eBay carrying parts for it.

Case in point, you'll be hard-pressed to find a single recon AC vent for a Corolla 121 - most of the time you have to buy a huge chunk of dashboard from recon sellers for like 20k. But for this a brand new AC vent costs like $10 on Taobao/Aliexpress/eBay.

Shipping costs would be a b!tch nowadays though - most economy shipping methods are still on hold.

• Thanks 1