• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Natural car air freshener

dilan_randika

Potpurr/Dried flowers (and leaves like basil/mint/etc...)

Lime/Lemon/Orange peel (fresh or dried)

(Used the above two when the kids were small..now we use nothing..just a bottle of activated cabon)

Pineapple (Taxi drivers in Indonesia/Vietnam/Thailand haveactual pinepples in their cars

A friend of our's gave some home made gel air freshner for the house...she had used gelatine and water (just like making a jelly to eat) and then put some essential oils (in our case lavender in one and jasmine in another). and let it set (just like a jelly). I cannot see why this will not work for a car as well (although I might use a more car appropriate scents...)

Some people make their own by mixing baking soda and essential oils (yes those little bottles you get that are oil extracts of spices or flowers or herbs)..but I feel this can get messy if by some chance the bottle/container tips over the baking soda will spill.

Also, seen wooden clothes pegs that are smoked/soaked in essential oils to peg in to the air vent (these are literally wooden clothes pegs). Apparently you can do it at home as well by soaking it in essential oils after sometime

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I've recently noticed that any flowers overpower the smell of smells in the car. I discovered this fact when I bought carnation wholesale from https://fiftyflowers.com/collections/carnations, a very cool smell by the way.  Perhaps you should carry a vase of flowers with you so that they give a fragrance to the cabin. Right they wilt all the time and their dry petals fall off, thus creating litter, which is not cool.

Edited by royalappleby

4 hours ago, royalappleby said:

I've recently noticed that any flowers overpower the smell of smells in the car. Perhaps you should carry a vase of flowers with you, so that they give a fragrance in the cabin. Right they wilt all the time and their dry petals fall off, thus creating litter, which is not cool.

Fruits will be better....pineapple, oranges, etc...you get to scent the car and have a tasty, healthy snack afterwards.