• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The oil gets reduced overtime in my Toyota premio 240 (yom 2003) auto gear.

Husny

Hey mates,

(Please read fully before answer)

I bought a toyota premio 240 2003 model auto gear one before 7 months back.

Did a tuneup and put 10w 30 toyota oil, its started reducing like around 2 centimeters when i go on a long journey. (Also engine had sludge also.)

I dont see any oil leakage, or burning (no kalu duma/black smoke in my exhaust)

Then i thought to put 15w 40 toyota oil. Now almost a month since i changed the oil. I can see like half centimeter reduced when i check the dipstick.

What can be the reason for this? The engine seems bit old although odo is at 101900.

And i spent enough money doing various things. I put some sealant in tappet cover. Still the problem exists. But after putting 15w 40, the reduction rate is slower. 

Also i noticed something like just after oil changed and within first weeks, it didnt reduce any oil. But after about 3 or 4 weeks only the problem starts. 

Oops....I thought I posted this yesterday...but it seems like I forgot to click "SUBMIT" after I typed it all out :)

1. Do not trust the odometer...meter rolling is quite common as you know...so it might very well have done more than what it says....it seems like your gut is telling you the same.

2. Have you clenaed your oil sludge ? the sludge in your engine could be causing oil flow issues and subsequently building it up to more sludge).

3. You still might be burning a small amount of oil which does not make it obvious to the naked eye.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, iRage said:

Oops....I thought I posted this yesterday...but it seems like I forgot to click "SUBMIT" after I typed it all out :)

1. Do not trust the odometer...meter rolling is quite common as you know...so it might very well have done more than what it says....it seems like your gut is telling you the same.

2. Have you clenaed your oil sludge ? the sludge in your engine could be causing oil flow issues and subsequently building it up to more sludge).

3. You still might be burning a small amount of oil which does not make it obvious to the naked eye.

You mean sludge will anyway cause oil reduction da? Im changing oil in 4000 km, to remove slude quickly.
Anyway to remove sludge, i should change oil in quick cycles. because flushing is harmful ne

3 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Hi, you answered your self bro,

buying a used car with un determined mileage nearly two decades old,

what more can one expect?

TT,

haha

2 hours ago, Husny said:

You mean sludge will anyway cause oil reduction da? Im changing oil in 4000 km, to remove slude quickly.
Anyway to remove sludge, i should change oil in quick cycles. because flushing is harmful ne

Yes but no...the reason peoplesay flushing is harmful is because when you flush it..the sludge gets broken away and any seal breaks that it was sealing gets broken and now because the sludge is not there the broken seals leak/seap oil. So technically..it is not the flush that has spoilt anything...it was the sludge and other wear and tear and the flush just cleaned the engine. If there are seal issues, then even if you do not use a flush, the leak/seapage will start ones the sludge has been broken away. Not using the flush is just like pushing the dust under the carpet and pretending it is not there and the floor does not need sweeping or vacuuming (dust being the seal break points...)

Well...saying you are sticking to a 4000km cycle just to slush out fludge does not mean anything....for starters it depends on how you use the car....if the 4000km are done in short trips where the oil does not get a chance to warm up..a 1000, 4000km or 10000km  change mean nothing...

Assuming you do drive in a wy that the oil gets heated up sufficiently everytime you drive the car...depending on the amount/degree of sludge in your engine...4000km cycles might not be fast enough and it might take YEARS for you to remove that sludge(I know most do 2000-2500 cycles after heavy use during that time....). So basically you will have to drive the car hard and reduce the change interval...

At some point, depending on the level of sludge you just need to simply open up the engine and clean it up. Or you just need to accept the fact that you will have to fix any oil seal issues and just flush it anyway and resolve it asap. After all...in Japan, manufacturer dealerships themselves do flushes on the car every now and then...heck..they have flush bottles for sale on their websites....(again..it is not the flush that causes the issue...). 

Yes...sludge can cause low oil to be recorded because it gets clogged in different areas of the engine because the sludge prevents proper oil flow. Secondly....the sludge can also act as a jellyish, spongy barrier....so the sludge does absorba bit of oil on to its surface as it says hydrated (thus it builds up).

When you took the car for a pre-purchase inspection...what did they say about th level of sludge ? Also..were there any oil seaps at any of the crank seals ? These are hard to see and since its just a seap you don't see any droplets on the ground and the oil just packs up on the surface.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Yes but no...the reason peoplesay flushing is harmful is because when you flush it..the sludge gets broken away and any seal breaks that it was sealing gets broken and now because the sludge is not there the broken seals leak/seap oil. So technically..it is not the flush that has spoilt anything...it was the sludge and other wear and tear and the flush just cleaned the engine. If there are seal issues, then even if you do not use a flush, the leak/seapage will start ones the sludge has been broken away. Not using the flush is just like pushing the dust under the carpet and pretending it is not there and the floor does not need sweeping or vacuuming (dust being the seal break points...)

Well...saying you are sticking to a 4000km cycle just to slush out fludge does not mean anything....for starters it depends on how you use the car....if the 4000km are done in short trips where the oil does not get a chance to warm up..a 1000, 4000km or 10000km  change mean nothing...

Assuming you do drive in a wy that the oil gets heated up sufficiently everytime you drive the car...depending on the amount/degree of sludge in your engine...4000km cycles might not be fast enough and it might take YEARS for you to remove that sludge(I know most do 2000-2500 cycles after heavy use during that time....). So basically you will have to drive the car hard and reduce the change interval...

At some point, depending on the level of sludge you just need to simply open up the engine and clean it up. Or you just need to accept the fact that you will have to fix any oil seal issues and just flush it anyway and resolve it asap. After all...in Japan, manufacturer dealerships themselves do flushes on the car every now and then...heck..they have flush bottles for sale on their websites....(again..it is not the flush that causes the issue...). 

Yes...sludge can cause low oil to be recorded because it gets clogged in different areas of the engine because the sludge prevents proper oil flow. Secondly....the sludge can also act as a jellyish, spongy barrier....so the sludge does absorba bit of oil on to its surface as it says hydrated (thus it builds up).

When you took the car for a pre-purchase inspection...what did they say about th level of sludge ? Also..were there any oil seaps at any of the crank seals ? These are hard to see and since its just a seap you don't see any droplets on the ground and the oil just packs up on the surface.

ම්ච්න් මට පොඩ්ඩක් තෙරුනෙ නෑහෑ. සින්හලෙන් කියන්ඩ පුලුවනිද?

On 3/14/2021 at 10:56 AM, Husny said:

Hey mates,

(Please read fully before answer)

I bought a toyota premio 240 2003 model auto gear one before 7 months back.

Did a tuneup and put 10w 30 toyota oil, its started reducing like around 2 centimeters when i go on a long journey. (Also engine had sludge also.)

I dont see any oil leakage, or burning (no kalu duma/black smoke in my exhaust)

Then i thought to put 15w 40 toyota oil. Now almost a month since i changed the oil. I can see like half centimeter reduced when i check the dipstick.

What can be the reason for this? The engine seems bit old although odo is at 101900.

And i spent enough money doing various things. I put some sealant in tappet cover. Still the problem exists. But after putting 15w 40, the reduction rate is slower. 

Also i noticed something like just after oil changed and within first weeks, it didnt reduce any oil. But after about 3 or 4 weeks only the problem starts. 

cant trust the ODO on cars bro.. We sold our family nissan sunny years ago at 141K and it was advertised at 160K 4 years later...  so you really cant say the exact condition of the engine.  But, in general the oil levels do go down little by little specially if you keep your car in a hot climate area like puttlam, jaffna or trinco and used a thinner viscosity oil like full synthetic 0W-20 or 5W-30 .  But if its considerably a large drop then you might be burning small amounts of engine oil, it wont show up on silencer smoke.  To overhaul the entire engine including valve seals will be very costly and to cleanup a worn engine would bring in more problems sometimes. Better consult a good garage (not TL, they will convince you to a ridiculously expensive repair) and get an estimate to narrow down your choices on the repair. 

2 hours ago, HaeylM said:

cant trust the ODO on cars bro.. We sold our family nissan sunny years ago at 141K and it was advertised at 160K 4 years later...  so you really cant say the exact condition of the engine.  But, in general the oil levels do go down little by little specially if you keep your car in a hot climate area like puttlam, jaffna or trinco and used a thinner viscosity oil like full synthetic 0W-20 or 5W-30 .  But if its considerably a large drop then you might be burning small amounts of engine oil, it wont show up on silencer smoke.  To overhaul the entire engine including valve seals will be very costly and to cleanup a worn engine would bring in more problems sometimes. Better consult a good garage (not TL, they will convince you to a ridiculously expensive repair) and get an estimate to narrow down your choices on the repair. 

ok mchn.