• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I'm looking for a cost to charge EV calculator with network prices

lob dob

Question

5 answers to this question

I saw on the Internet there are specialized resources to calculate the cost of charging an electric car https://evadept.com/calc/cost-to-charge-electric-car-calculator. Everything works very simply. You need to choose what kind of car you have, the type of charging and other parameters. And then the computer will calculate everything and tell you how much time and money it will take to charge.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:19 PM, lob dob said:

I'm looking for a cost to charge EV calculator with network prices

Who knows and can give some advice?

Very easy, determine what your battery capacity is (kWh) and the electricity rates charged for a unit (kWh) then multiply you should get the cost of charging.

According to CEB the highest rate is Rs. 54/kWh

I converted my billing method to Time of Use (TOU) when I had my Nissan Leaf. Where you are billed according to what time you use i.e. from 5.30 a.m to 6.30 p.m. Rs 26, 6.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. Rs. 54 and from 10.30 p.m. to 5.30 a.m. it was only Rs. 13

Car did 4-5 km / KWh which translated to around Rs. 3.0 per km

Sadly no decent electric cars now so I had to replace it with a Wagon R.

11 hours ago, kush said:

I converted my billing method to Time of Use (TOU)

@kush was there a significant difference in the electricity bill when you converted to Time of Use plan from the standard plan? (apart from the EV charging costs). 

• Like 1

Each charge was about 25KWh as i was keeping the battery between 20-80%

So there was about 500 units over my usual consumption of 200 units.

Instead of Rs. 42 per unit i was paying Rs. 13 for my EV charging

However I lost on the initial cheap units up to 90 which believe was around Rs. 1-2 K.

Now my bills are around Rs. 7-10K depending in use of a/c in the night after 10.30

You can get the rates from CEB site and work out how it will work according to your consumption.

If you generally exceed 250 units TOU will be cheaper as most of the additional units over 180 will be charged @ Rs. 26 instead of Rs. 42.

You need to manage use between 6.30 - 10.30 in the evening.