• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5 lug to 6 lug conversion

Dear Friends, I'm seeking some advice from you, recently I started converted my truck(toyota)2WD to 4WD with 4 link front suspension. as a pilot project I brought used 4DR5 Front differential and stated the fabrication. I didn't buy rear differential yet. the problem is 4DR5 lug pattern is 139 PCD 5lugs, my current 2WD differential is 114 PCD 5 lug, does anyone know, Is there any donor vehicle hub ,which I could convert the front lug pattern into 6 lugs 139PCD , if it does I could easily convert the rear with a complete diff. if it doesn't rear I have to replace with another 4DR5 rear and propeller shaft also has to be modified and I feel some unwanted vibration will be occur since I wouldn't able to balance it. Appreciate your views on this

Hello Kasun,

Sounds like you trying make apple from wood apple.

Why don't you try with matching Toyota 4WD parts? If you check your truck model year and try source the 4WD model parts for the Toyota from Same era, I am sure it should save lot of time and may be money too.

regards,

JC

• Like 1

I admire your ambitious project and I hope ou succeed....but like John Cooper stated (asked), it probably would be (have been) far more easier to get one out of a 4WD Hilux (I cannot see why you didn't start off with a 4WD Hilux in the first place....).

On 8/9/2021 at 10:20 PM, iRage said:

I admire your ambitious project and I hope ou succeed....but like John Cooper stated (asked), it probably would be (have been) far more easier to get one out of a 4WD Hilux (I cannot see why you didn't start off with a 4WD Hilux in the first place....).

Yes that is what I have done wrong in this modification.