• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Car gives unbelievably good fuel figures. Should I be worried?

PreseaLover

Car is a bluebird eu13 Auto Petrol 1800cc engine. Measured it twice after driving 100km's each and first time it gave 11km per litre and second time 10.1km per litre in city traffic. This is unbelievable. None of the 4 Nissan cars I have driven gave more than 7km's per litre in city limits and this is giving over 10... Sooo.. is something wrong with the car? How can this happen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

Odomoter is 200k which is ok mileage. Maybe because i removed the fuel tank and replaced it with a new fuel pump

Actually what I meant was that the Odometer must be having a calibration issue (car shows a higher mileage than what it actually is) could happen due to wheel sizes being changed or with wear and tear. My old Samurai had the same kind of issue it used to show 28kms on my way to work whereas it should have been around 23kms and even the speedo used to show a higher speed than the actual, I never got around to fixing it (supposedly a DIY thing where you take off the speedo and adjust).

• Like 1

I was curious who was complaining about good fuel figures - well I'm not surprised.

Anyways I can think of two things 

1. What Gummy mentioned : Calibration issues with the meter .Try comparing the ODO with a known distance /or with google maps/ check with someone else. 

2. There's actually nothing wrong : 1.8 Is the perfect size engine for the car. Enough power to pull it without getting stressed out. Despite people fearing larger engines - I have ample experience where underpowered small engines end up being gas guzzlers. My dad's B14 which we used for decades never did anything above 8KMPL having a tiny 1.3 engine and dragging a lump of a car around. The fact that I floored it more often than not did not help :D 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Actually what I meant was that the Odometer must be having a calibration issue (car shows a higher mileage than what it actually is) could happen due to wheel sizes being changed or with wear and tear. My old Samurai had the same kind of issue it used to show 28kms on my way to work whereas it should have been around 23kms and even the speedo used to show a higher speed than the actual, I never got around to fixing it (supposedly a DIY thing where you take off the speedo and adjust).

Ah no its not the digital speedo, also i keep of track of the distance i usually drive and its accurate :) 

4 hours ago, matroska said:

I was curious who was complaining about good fuel figures - well I'm not surprised.

Anyways I can think of two things 

1. What Gummy mentioned : Calibration issues with the meter .Try comparing the ODO with a known distance /or with google maps/ check with someone else. 

2. There's actually nothing wrong : 1.8 Is the perfect size engine for the car. Enough power to pull it without getting stressed out. Despite people fearing larger engines - I have ample experience where underpowered small engines end up being gas guzzlers. My dad's B14 which we used for decades never did anything above 8KMPL having a tiny 1.3 engine and dragging a lump of a car around. The fact that I floored it more often than not did not help :D 

Alright then, this bluei is gonna be the car for my life. Already started buying extra parts and saving them in my room, to use when there are no body parts left to buy in SL at all :D Come to my house like the last time, lets go on a ride :D 

5 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Alright then, this bluei is gonna be the car for my life. Already started buying extra parts and saving them in my room, to use when there are no body parts left to buy in SL at all :D Come to my house like the last time, lets go on a ride :D 

Good for you with the great fuel millage as it will be very critical in the coming few weeks with a hike in prices around the corner.

You had shared some  good advice or me with my N16 - well we broke off 🙂 ....  5 years with her, and I had it .. not my type .....

Got back to a Mazda again.....  with a Axela - Hatchback ...... feeling 8 yeas younger already......

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...