• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Steering rack bush replacement

udayasl

Question

Car make / model: Honda Insight (2010)

I replaced the bush of the steering rack 3 weeks ago but now again I feel roughness when driving on little non smooth roads (even in very little bumps).

Many people say rack bush replacement is not a successful method as it uses nylon material in the new bush.

What is the solution for this issue?

7 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, udayasl said:

Car make / model: Honda Insight (2010)

I replaced the bush of the steering rack 3 weeks ago but now again I feel roughness when driving on little non smooth roads (even in very little bumps).

Many people say rack bush replacement is not a successful method as it uses nylon material in the new bush.

What is the solution for this issue?

I heard the same. However, it should settle down once you do around few thousands KM's. (atleast that's what I've heard)

5 minutes ago, PerfMad said:

I heard the same. However, it should settle down once you do around few thousands KM's. (atleast that's what I've heard)

This is not the steering wheel roughness but the suspension problem which I felt before replacing the bush.

Steering wheel hardness got back to normal after a few days of riding.

I drove the vehicle 100% comfortably after replacing the bush in the last 3 weeks since it was replaced, but again I feel a rough hit when riding on little scratched roads.

I’m afraid again whether bush is the problem.

5 hours ago, udayasl said:

Where can I find genuine bushes for Honda?

According to the garage people, they used nylon material :(

are we still talking about the roughness in Steering rack after it getting replaced with nylon bushing?

8 hours ago, udayasl said:

Where can I find genuine bushes for Honda?

According to the garage people, they used nylon material :(

Get the bushings replaced with original.. You should be able to source them T#c M#t#rs, S#pr#m# Motor H#us# etc. 

If you are not satisfied with the job done on your rack you may want to consider the famous rack repair place in Negombo..

Edited by Dee Jay
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Get the bushings replaced with original.. You should be able to source them T#c M#t#rs, S#pr#m# Motor H#us# etc. 

If you are not satisfied with the job done on your rack you may want to consider the famous rack repair place in Negombo..

Thank you for your helpful answer!!