• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

A WWII bomber, with a touch of the Wild West..

cowboycar.th.jpg

First I thought this picture is from a faraway land (like that "LR and the potholes sign" photo), but later surprised to see it was taken in Nugegoda.

Looks like a piece of art (An art-car?).

Wonder whether the owner is a student/lecturer from an academy of arts. :)

A WWII bomber, with a touch of the Wild West..

cowboycar.th.jpg

LOL...Cow the boy indeed :rolleyes: and LULUBELL???? :lol:

I can just hear the twang of the country music playin on his stereo :D Not that I dislike country music, but it is funny

in this instance he he.

It appears to me like a spare wheel mount, and the vinyl hat thingy is covering up the mounting bolts?.

May be so. :)

If the picture was taken while the spare wheel was on that mount, then this could have been one of the best entries / posts in this forum.

However the owner's effort at trying out his creative talent, is commendable.

While this Corolla DX modification deserves a place in this forum for its weirdness, It is the modified VW 1303 Beetle (with a Nissan March dashboard etc.) in a previous post , that takes the cake.

(India's team-bhp.com has a dedicated section for such photos called "Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!")

May be so. :)

If the picture was taken while the spare wheel was on that mount, then this could have been one of the best entries / posts in this forum.

However the owner's effort at trying out his creative talent, is commendable.

While this Corolla DX modification deserves a place in this forum for its weirdness, It is the modified VW 1303 Beetle (with a Nissan March dashboard etc.) in a previous post , that takes the cake.

(India's team-bhp.com has a dedicated section for such photos called "Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!")

sri lankans are not so stupid as the Indians :D .the pics shown in team Bhp shows their weirdness.

there was a pic which featured a Maruti convertible :D

LULU-BELL as I know it was a World War II plane..

I thought that was 'Memphis Belle' machang, ........you know as in the movie?

I could be wrong.... :unsure:

In this age of computerized sticker cutting, the ignorant sticker-people seem to have given the machine the wrong input. Why did they fail to check the spellings?

This isn't a sticker machang.....I believe they do it with a stencil and paint sprayed on.

However I can't see why they couldn't have checked their spelling when cutting the stencil.... :rolleyes:

p1050901y.jpg

A true classic....(I mean the driver)

Surprised to see a pic of a bus within autoLanka. I remember seeing this bus plying on Galle Road (102 Dehiwala- Kotahena Route) long long time ago. It is a Mercedes-Benz 1113 (Kaha-Kurulla) with an SLTB body dating back to 1990. This one belongs to the batch of buses that were auctioned off by SLTB in 1996.

Looks like the current owner has done a serious renovation with some modifications. Since this new-look bus still bears a 60- registration number, the owner seems to have used "that commonly used phrase" with regard to the 60- number.

Incidentally the owner or the driver maybe 60 yrs of age. :rolleyes:

I thought the Kaha Kurullas were the yellow D*MO and Latec buses introduced in the early 90s.

The Kaha Kurullas you are referring was a later batch that came from 1993 onwards which were based on TATA 1210 chassis.

There was an earlier batch that was launched simultaneously with the peoplisation of SLTB depots. (1990-91,This was the period SLTB buses got their livery changed into yellow.)

There were 2 types of bodies built on Mercedes Benz OF-1113 chassis.

Bodies built by using Duple Metsec body panels (Don't know whether Latec involved then) looked much modern compared to bodies built with SLTB's own (recycled?) body panels.

The bus shown above belongs to the latter type.

However don't get mislead by those Kaha Kurullas with 22 sri numbers. They are like that "Isuzu Bighorn Prototype". :)

That bit of trivia clears things up, thanks. And yeah, I've seen those 22sri body transplants at the Udahamulla Depot. Btw, whatever happened to those Isuzu powered Semi-Luxury and Luxury (which became Semi-Luxury once the A/C units broke down) buses? I used to love going in them because Isuzu diesels are such sweet engines.

Hey MiniAce, is there a history lesson for aviators..??? I'm just curious to know if LULUBELL was a WWII bomber, and thought you'd be the best person to confirm this.. :rolleyes:

Sorry I didnt see this.There was a Curtiss P-40N named "Lulu Belle" tail regd 42-1045 based China,Burma,India theatre in Mid 40s.There was another plane,a Lockheed XP-80 "Lulu Belle".That was a prototype.But never came across a "lulu Bell" in web search.

MINIACE