• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre brand with a tough sidewall and long durability

Jason Bourne

Question

4 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Jason Bourne said:

Guys, I'm in the market for tyres. My Toyota 141 takes 205/60R16 tyres, it's being run on somewhat rough roads so a strong sidewall is a must. Durability (thread wear) should be reasonably good too. The car rarely exceeds 70kmph. My budget is 20k-25k per tyre. Do you guys have any recommendations? 

Have some positive experience with Nankang tyres. it comfortably sits in the media-core range (Not too expensive and not cheap either). Been using them for more than 2 years now and rock solid as ever. However my car is not a daily runner. on Monthly basis I do roughly about 500Kms.

Edited by K.o.N.o.S
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Have some positive experience with Nankang tyres. it comfortably sits in the media-core range (Not too expensive and not cheap either). Been using them for more than 2 years now and rock solid as ever. However my car is not a daily runner. on Monthly basis I do roughly about 500Kms.

Thanks for the recommendation @K.o.N.o.S! any idea how much one would cost?

BTW guys I just had this crazy idea, could I replace my 205/60R16 tyres with 215/60R16 tyres? Yay or nay? Could it make any components of the car (steering etc) wear faster? I guess petrol consumption would obviously be a little higher but I'm ok with it

Edited by Jason Bourne

On 12/19/2021 at 11:55 AM, Jason Bourne said:

BTW guys I just had this crazy idea, could I replace my 205/60R16 tyres with 215/60R16 tyres? Yay or nay? Could it make any components of the car (steering etc) wear faster? I guess petrol consumption would obviously be a little higher but I'm ok with it

Nevermind, I just realized I'd have to toss my 205/60R16 spare if I go with 215s this time. No way Imma get rid of a practically new tire

so back to hunting 205s. Anyone have any experience with Nexen Blue HDs?