• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda city 2001 v tec

Madusanka Weerasiri

Question

I have replaced brand new TPS sensor to my car due to rpm issues (Going up and down)But now my rpm not increasing after the AC on.without ac and with ac it is 900 to 1000 .when I switch on the ac it is increase up to 1200 and again come to 900 to 1000.AC also working perfectly.is this a fault.but my car idle is better.running perfectly.I need to know after the ac switch on ,should it be always high rpm.

3 answers to this question

On 4/30/2022 at 8:31 PM, Madusanka Weerasiri said:

I have replaced brand new TPS sensor to my car due to rpm issues (Going up and down)But now my rpm not increasing after the AC on.without ac and with ac it is 900 to 1000 .when I switch on the ac it is increase up to 1200 and again come to 900 to 1000.AC also working perfectly.is this a fault. but my car idle is better.running perfectly.I need to know after the ac switch on ,should it be always high rpm.

I also had a City type Z and it had a rpm around 790-850 and with AC it was always equal or less than 900. So i guess you are all good. 

On 4/30/2022 at 8:31 PM, Madusanka Weerasiri said:

I have replaced brand new TPS sensor to my car due to rpm issues (Going up and down)But now my rpm not increasing after the AC on.without ac and with ac it is 900 to 1000 .when I switch on the ac it is increase up to 1200 and again come to 900 to 1000.AC also working perfectly.is this a fault.but my car idle is better.running perfectly.I need to know after the ac switch on ,should it be always high rpm.

I don't think you should be worried. The RPM range  seems normal