• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alfa Romeo

Pb2k

No it's not the cam variator it's something else and sounds a bit serious. Cam variator noise is only on start and low revs, lasts only a minute.

Listen Don. Since you seem v interested; I have a buyers guide at home from Auto Italia Mag or the Alfa Romeo Driver mag. I'll look for it and scan it and post it for you. Or else give me your email addy and I mail it to you. That covers almost everything.

Yes, further research reveals it could be the con rods ! possibly the bearings. Either way the car needs an engine rebuild

my email addy is abeetha AT yahoo DOT com

Yes, further research reveals it could be the con rods ! possibly the bearings. Either way the car needs an engine rebuild

my email addy is abeetha AT yahoo DOT com

I've just emailed you the scans.

• 2 weeks later...
No worries GTAm

something would have been wrong with image schack , cuz i can see the pictures in my own reply , where i state that i can't see them :blink:

if you don't mind me asking , who's doing the painting?

Well It's being done as a special favour by a company who usually does not do anywork for outside brands (they handle a very successful brand). So I'll check with them first if making the name public is ok. All I can say is the top people there are big Italian (and especially Alfa) fans and that's why they volunteered to do it for me. I feel lucky :)

Ahhh. Would appreciate it :)

Hey GT Am,

Congrats on getting her to the dressers.

The car looks wicked even now, and will be a killer when done I am sure,

all the best and if anyone is needed for test drives / bringing her back I will sacrifice my self ( how nice am I ?) and do it :rolleyes::angry-smiley-048:

cheers

Pradfred

Apparently Alfa Romeo has handed the BRERA over to PRODRIVE for some tweaks! :blink:

alfabreras2nf3.jpg

alfabreras2nf3.6bf88b5257.jpg

The Brera S is what the tuned version will be tagged and is said to appear in the forms of both the 2.2L JTS and 3.2L V6

Looks like the Fiat Spa group has something for limited production runs of the hot varients cuz this too will only see 500 cars being made :mellow:

Prodrive is set to redesign the suspension to make it more nimble and taut and to do so have got Eibach coil springs made especially for the Brera along with Bilstein dampers for a lower and stiffer ride. In addition the suspension componenets will be made with Aluminium apparently and will have anti roll bars

alfabreras1hv6.jpg

alfabreras1hv6.550c4e85cd.jpg

The Brera has also been put on a bit of diet but this will come in a most pleasing manner , firsty through new 19-inch alloys which are lighter than the originals. This coupled with the materia changes from above are set to reduce the weight by a good 100 kgs.

Exterior has been left well alone (not like it needed anything more in the first place :) ) but the interior of the 'S' will have Red stitching added to the Black leather.

alfabreras3xh3.jpg

alfabreras3xh3.682daa932f.jpg

It'll sound a lot better too they say, with its new exhuast system , but sadly its not gonna sprint to 60 any quicker than the normal cars :(

:lol:

i wouldn't mind signing up as well - but just to be on the safe side , i'll volunteer to take it TO the paint shop :D less pressure that way :lol:

Unfortunately the engine is out and undergoing a total rebuild. So all I can offer you right now is an opportunity to drive an Isuzu truck with the car on it :lol:

Unfortunately the engine is out and undergoing a total rebuild. So all I can offer you right now is an opportunity to drive an Isuzu truck with the car on it :lol:

if Fulvia doesn't mind i might as well give that a shot cuz i've never really drive one of those either! :D

or the best option would be for me to sit in the drivers seat of the car and make "brooom brooom" sounds and shift gears in relative safety much like a 5 yr old would :lol:

Apparently Alfa Romeo has handed the BRERA over to PRODRIVE for some tweaks! :blink:

The Brera S is what the tuned version will be tagged and is said to appear in the forms of both the 2.2L JTS and 3.2L V6

Looks like the Fiat Spa group has something for limited production runs of the hot varients cuz this too will only see 500 cars being made :mellow:

Prodrive is set to redesign the suspension to make it more nimble and taut and to do so have got Eibach coil springs made especially for the Brera along with Bilstein dampers for a lower and stiffer ride. In addition the suspension componenets will be made with Aluminium apparently and will have anti roll bars

The Brera has also been put on a bit of diet but this will come in a most pleasing manner , firsty through new 19-inch alloys which are lighter than the originals. This coupled with the materia changes from above are set to reduce the weight by a good 100 kgs.

Exterior has been left well alone (not like it needed anything more in the first place :) ) but the interior of the 'S' will have Red stitching added to the Black leather.

It'll sound a lot better too they say, with its new exhuast system , but sadly its not gonna sprint to 60 any quicker than the normal cars :(

Yes. Prodrive and Alfa (Fiat group) have a bit of a relationship. They ran the highly successful 155 BTCC cars. The mods done to the dominant touring cars finally came to the production version and transformed the phase 1 cars from a very average machine to best drive in the class. I recall CAR and Autocar mags raving about the kart like steering and very sporty drive and on some group tests overlooked the poor build to give it the win over the E36 BM.

Then more recently Prodrive was involved in the development of the Fiat Stilo Abarth Schumarcher special edition.

The truth is that for all its gorgeous looks the Brera has been far too heavy thanks to the GM ( :o ) derrived premium platform and does not sell well. The old Alfa GT still sells well despite the ancient 156 underpinings. And now they can do very little until they replace the model which should be rwd. There is a factory face lift coming next month for the 159 and Brera which will include a weight reduction programme and new turbo engines. But this will not solve the problem totally especially for the Brera. The 159 gets away a bit as in that class the Merc C and the Lexus IS are also not light. However Alfa always gets a lot more critisism than anyone else. Probably people expect a lot from the brand. And rightly so I think.

Alfa UK are known to do these special editions when stock build up. They did it before with the Alfetta GTV and the Alfa Sud Ti in the 70s.

The Fiat group started making money after a long time only a couple of years ago. And Alfa's focus now is on the Mito and 149/Milano which really need to be and should be class leading. So the Brera will have to hang on and make do with the face lifts until the new models which will be light weight and rwd arrive.

Alfa and Fiat like Porsche generally understate performance figures, so I believe with 100kilos off the Brera S should be slightly quicker.

Yes. Prodrive and Alfa (Fiat group) have a bit of a relationship. They ran the highly successful 155 BTCC cars. The mods done to the dominant touring cars finally came to the production version and transformed the phase 1 cars from a very average machine to best drive in the class. I recall CAR and Autocar mags raving about the kart like steering and very sporty drive and on some group tests overlooked the poor build to give it the win over the E36 BM.

Then more recently Prodrive was involved in the development of the Fiat Stilo Abarth Schumarcher special edition.

The truth is that for all its gorgeous looks the Brera has been far too heavy thanks to the GM ( :o ) derrived premium platform and does not sell well. The old Alfa GT still sells well despite the ancient 156 underpinings. And now they can do very little until they replace the model which should be rwd. There is a factory face lift coming next month for the 159 and Brera which will include a weight reduction programme and new turbo engines. But this will not solve the problem totally especially for the Brera. The 159 gets away a bit as in that class the Merc C and the Lexus IS are also not light. However Alfa always gets a lot more critisism than anyone else. Probably people expect a lot from the brand. And rightly so I think.

Alfa UK are known to do these special editions when stock build up. They did it before with the Alfetta GTV and the Alfa Sud Ti in the 70s.

The Fiat group started making money after a long time only a couple of years ago. And Alfa's focus now is on the Mito and 149/Milano which really need to be and should be class leading. So the Brera will have to hang on and make do with the face lifts until the new models which will be light weight and rwd arrive.

Alfa and Fiat like Porsche generally understate performance figures, so I believe with 100kilos off the Brera S should be slightly quicker.

hi all, just a quicky (i'm at work)

Afbeelding1.png

I just bought this console for the interior, its from a Giulia and I hope it fits

I have a serious issue with the torque bar, it needs welding

torsie.jpg

hi all, just a quicky (i'm at work)

Afbeelding1.png

I just bought this console for the interior, its from a Giulia and I hope it fits

I have a serious issue with the torque bar, it needs welding

torsie.jpg

OMG how come? Was it damaged by an accident? It's too solid to rust!

after 33 years in this moist climate I am not surprized,

the paint is bubbling everywhere and I am sure i will have this issue many more times the coming years. I won't go for a complete bodywork restauration because I can't afford that, i will just have to patch things up :)

I see your car is in better shape :D I wouldn't dare sanding mine. It would fall apart

Edited by Pb2k

after 33 years in this moist climate I am not surprized,

the paint is bubbling everywhere and I am sure i will have this issue many more times the coming years. I won't go for a complete bodywork restauration because I can't afford that, i will just have to patch things up :)

I see your car is in better shape :D I wouldn't dare sanding mine. It would fall apart

ha ha mine was terrible too. The B - pillars were separated by rust and was being held together by the stainless steel beeding :o ! The side valences we completely rusted and the floor had bent near the front bulk head.

When it was stripped it scared me like hell to think of the crazy drives on the road and even a few on the track I did when underneath it was this bad. Could have ended in tears.

The previous owner of my car had done some pretty devious stuff. The whole boot floor and spare wheel well was coated with fibre glass to hide the rust. And so was the front valence.

I think I'm really lucky that the gearbox went bust and forced me to strip it down. I had 6 years of patch up fun with the car though and thoroghly enjoyed every moment.

This is me doing a Hill Climb some time back.

12yk2.jpg

I am jaleous Dayan, driving thru Sri Lanka must be the greatest experience. In all honesty

I was about to sell my alfa, i was so fed up with it (translated : stationary alfa's totally suck but when they drive they are a dream)

Now I am all full with energy, I made a promise to myself and I will keep this Bertone for another 3 years. When gas prices will reach 2 € a litre I better spend them inside my dream car :D

Edited by Pb2k

Hey good decision Mika. I know an old car does not make sense in modern traffic etc. But hang on to it as a weekend drive. Plus you have your father to fettle it! Lucky you.

Driving in SL can be great................ though out of Colombo ONLY. Especially the hill country. Where the roads are interesting and the climate a lot better. Now I miss my Giulia evenmore :(