• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda axela

Tinashe

Question

8 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Tinashe said:

I have problem  with my Mazda axela 2004 model its not picking 5th gear,sometimes  when I am accelerating  it can drop gears and it doesn't  have power also

Okay...so I am very confused. What type of transmission do you have in your car ?

I am 98.75% certain that the automatic was a 4 speed and it was only the manual that was 5 speed.

I am just going to assume it is an automatic....have you serviced the gearbox anytime recently ? or when was the last time it was serviced ?

At first what you describe can be indicative of a failing torque converter. That can also be rooted to the fluid in your transmission...it could be that there is a fluid pressure issue (clogged filter, leak, contaminated oil, etc...).

2 hours ago, Tinashe said:

Someone is saying its the fuel pump causing 

I suppose the fuel pump is a possibility...it depends on what you are actually experiencing.

If what youa re trying to explain is the transmission is slipping; where the engine revs and idles normal but the gears don't seem to fall in properly or when it falls in to gear takes a few seconds for the car to feel like it is moving, then the possibility of it being the fuel pump is low (thus the low "power" you feel is the lack of torque because the car is in the wrong gear or not engaged fully, and because of the torque dip the gears shift down and then your acceleration pushes the gears up...and the cycle repeats).

But if what you are trying to say is that the engine is erratic with rough and hesitant revving and idling (and as a result the gears are shifting up and down trying to search for gears keep the car moving) then the possibility of a fuel pump failure is higher. So..does your car exhibit any other symptoms of a bad fuel pump (or even a clogged fuel filter) ? e.g. bad idling, engine misses, etc....even if you are stationary and rev the engine high.

As for the gear oil....you can't always look at the color and determine if the oil is good or bad (sometimes there might be metal shavings that would not be visible to the eye). But also, does the gearbox have enough oil ? As for the type of oil....check your user manual....it should have the recommended type of oil.

• Like 1

Ok  thank you ,,,

The engine  it's idling very well but when it comes to driving  no power small uphill it struggles, when you reach flat surface you it changes well upto 4th gear but the moment you try add more fuel on acceleration  it drops to 3rd gear 

On 12/17/2022 at 6:03 PM, Tinashe said:

Ok  thank you ,,,

The engine  it's idling very well but when it comes to driving  no power small uphill it struggles, when you reach flat surface you it changes well upto 4th gear but the moment you try add more fuel on acceleration  it drops to 3rd gear 

Should be the fuel filter or/and the fuel regulator. When did you change your fuel filter recently? I have the same issue with my Picanto (Manual). I used to clean the fuel pump by myself before I drive but it is a headache. The issue is finding a fuel regulator in SL. 

Before replacing the fuel filter try to clean it once and see. 

Edited by Iroshw