• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Coming To Sri Lanka Soon

kimfernando

Hey guys

Im glad I found this site!! I am coming for a family holiday to lanka in December/January this year and I am dying to check out the local car scene there, I have No idea what it is like!!

Over here in Australia its crazy. I personally am into Drifting and drags - I have a Nissan Cefiro at the moment, RB20DET 5 speed - and I do a lot of track days.

I have had quite a few import nissans before, R32 GTS-T with a RB25 conversion, R33 Series II skyline, a SR20DET 180sx, JZX100 chaser 1JZ VVTi and heaps of other cars too!!!

What do you guys do over there, any street drags, Drifting? What about cruises? Track days?

I would like to meet up with some of you guys, as I will be bored, I dont know anyone there apart from Family and I cant speak the language :D heres some pics for u guys!

Heres a pic of my ceffy!!!

kimceffq5.jpg

Me at the Track!

1275388540_l.jpg

My R32 - 343 rwkw

1275391202_l.jpg

My R33 - 243 rwkw

1275393115_l.jpg

My 180sx-218 rwkw

1275390487_l.jpg

My JZX100 Chaser

1275392015_l.jpg

Give the guys a chance to get in and see the posts man! :) Its still early in SL.

Anyway, give us a better time frame and a contact email or summin. There should be a large drag going down soon, and have to see if the Rapid Rev crew is interested in organising another track day, but u never know if something comes up last minute.

PS, that is a nice 180sx. Too bad u let it go :)

Edited by Pericles

Hhaha I just realised the time difference!!

Umm yeahh I am coming down on the 20th Dec to the 21st January!!

i hav MSN as well if anyone wants to chat- [email protected]

regards

Kim.

OHh yeah the 180 was nice man, theres heaps of them here in Aus. Mine was a factory SR20DET. All I done to it was a HKS GT2530, Remapped ECU, Cams,Injectors and Z32 AFM!! Ran a 12.4@116 MPH down the 1/4!!

Yeah I used to Live in Perth WA - now im in Melbourne!

Ade Kimba,

Any pics of you near the cars, Cos last time we had a bugger who copied half of Jtuned cars and wanted to visit sri lanka too,

not that i am dissing you. but we have been having couple of buggers from dickmons road on autolanka...

LOL :)

i suppose you can check my myspace

www.myspace.com/kimfernando

everyone uses it! I have other shots of the cars if you guys need proof I think its a bit childish me having to prove myself!! but ohh well!

Im not wanting to visit SL - I AM coming there for a family holiday!

I have pics of me driving my cars, not standing by them, we dont do that shit in australia.

Edited by kimfernando

everyone uses it! I have other shots of the cars if you guys need proof I think its a bit childish me having to prove myself!! but ohh well!

I have pics of me driving my cars, not standing by them, we dont do that shit in australia.

cool bro....

:)

The supercar drag (street drag) is supposed to be on the 16th 17th december weekend according to latest info.

aaah thats news.. super car drag huh..? good to hear that bro.. So this time it wont be mostly hondas..? Wondering why there are no discussions abt this event, here at AL.. :)

Edited by MrCat

Don't get stressed,take it easy bro! If you have seen some of the fraudsters appearing/posing in this forum you would think this request is more than reasonable. I totally agree with you with regards to the methods used to proving a point, ie:posing along side your ride, but it has unfortunately come down to that. Don't take it personally, some times genuine people get penalised because of some twa** who are wanna be's, if u know what i mean? Specially with a list of rides like yours this question was bound to be asked. So as i said before don't get offended. :)

Edited by Overdrive

hi kim welcome to autoLanka... that's a fine selection (or has been) of yours :)... i own a 2nd generation cefiro (A32) but it's got absolutely no A31 roots except for the name though i would've loved to have that RB motor :)

drop us an email and we'll let you in on the auto scene in SL when you come down...

aaah thats news.. super car drag huh..? good to hear that bro.. So this time it wont be mostly hondas..? Wondering why there are no discussions abt this event, here at AL.. :)

Because there is not much talk about it anywhere online. And this is running OT.

So looks like the Nissan meet and the any car drag is out. I think there is the Alfa meet, as mentioned in another thread. Possibly a mini meet. (madmax? miniace? MRM? someone confirm?)

Hey Madz, it really is time for another AL gettogether. Aim early Jan so it won't cross ppls xmas plans and trips and stuff. Then we can get this dude too. :)

hay kim welcome to AutoLanka...keep checking out this site for updates dude.

Hey Madz, it really is time for another AL gettogether. Aim early Jan so it won't cross ppls xmas plans and trips and stuff. Then we can get this dude too. :)

yep true Dec is out for me too...lets have one on early Jan.....then we can meet our kim as well :)

hay kim welcome to AutoLanka...keep checking out this site for updates dude.

yep true Dec is out for me too...lets have one on early Jan.....then we can meet our kim as well :action-smiley-031:

Guys,

Make it after 10th Jan if possible as I ll be in SL by then. Would love to meet u all.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok

So ive been here now for about 2 weeks really enjoying myself!! When I came here I found out my cousin races cars here as well and ive been out with him quite a bit - you guys might know him - Sanjay Dissanayke - hes been trying to take me out to check out the scene but unfortunately I have seen nothing yet.

Ive seen a handful of cars on the road, mostly WRXs but I am really shocked to see how many riced up cars there are here - like hondas and lancers - most of them are damn disgusting and the guys that drive them think there something else. Id be embarrassed to drive those cars!!!

The police here seem to be pretty lenient with crazy driving, ppl here just have no regard whatsover for road rules!!!

Anyways is there anything happneing tonite as I would love to see somemore cars and take some nice pictures!!

I am going Motorbike riding tommorow, got a CRF250 :( and I cant wait for that!!!! I am also going to the next race meeting with my cousins on the 14/15th So im sure Ill see a few more cars around!!!!!

hmmm.. Just Noticed, NOW your all start saying 'Kim to him, well wot happend to me? you all forgot me know... too bad.. HUH!

waitt till i start work in the next work, once i start too to feel a AC, and start sitting most of the day infront of the computer.. :D

Edited by Kim