• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Velocity

is it just me...or doesn't this new Lancer look like the 2005 model VOLVO S40 !! :lol: ??

switch the front grill in your minds eye n then picture the thing.... :D

hell no i think this looks like a japanese box, much like the JDM honda accord :) anyway i feel like calling this the NEW LANCER BOX.

It does look a bit like the new S40, incidentally i once popped the hood of an older S40 (2000) and there in all its glody was a GDI engine and on closer inspection I think it was supplied by Mitsubishi not only the technology cos most of the electronics was Mitsubishi too,

The Don

is it just me...or doesn't this new Lancer look like the 2005 model VOLVO S40 !! :rolleyes: ??

switch the front grill in your minds eye n then picture the thing.... :o

ITS POSSIBLE. I know the the Euro version the Mitsubishi Charisma (U.K) used to share the same platform with the old S40. So collaboration possible.

ITS POSSIBLE. I know the the Euro version the Mitsubishi Charisma (U.K) used to share the same platform with the old S40. So collaboration possible.

Yes the old S40 shared the same platform as the Charisma which was made at Volvo DAF's Dutch plant.

But this one is totally different. It might have similarities with a Hyundai as when the development started Mitsubishi was part of Daimler Chrysler and Hyundai group. Since then of course DC dropped links with Mistubishi.

mmmmm the rear looks lot like the Mazda 3....... ;)

alfaromeo156autodelta20dz8.jpg

Not to mention the Alfa 156 which came in 1997!

Yes the old S40 shared the same platform as the Charisma which was made at Volvo DAF's Dutch plant.

But this one is totally different. It might have similarities with a Hyundai as when the development started Mitsubishi was part of Daimler Chrysler and Hyundai group. Since then of course DC dropped links with Mistubishi.

alfaromeo156autodelta20dz8.jpg

Not to mention the Alfa 156 which came in 1997!

OMG!! :ninja: isnt that an Autodelta conversion??? :) ..&i thought they did a good job with 147..but this look astoundingly good!!! :)

if ur forwarding any pictures pls add my email addy to it as well - [email protected]

OMG!! :ninja: isnt that an Autodelta conversion??? :) ..&i thought they did a good job with 147..but this look astoundingly good!!! :)

if ur forwarding any pictures pls add my email addy to it as well - [email protected]

Yes your right it's the Autodelta 3.7 GTA and there was a concept GTAm which is how I got my name ;)

I'll look for bigger pics and email you guys.

• 2 months later...

Come on now boys, we are being a bit uncharitable calling it a "New Box Lancer"........ i actually think this is a good effort, ESPECIALLY when compared to the stupendously dull previous generation :lol: ...... yeah the shape is not particularly new or exciting, but the detailing is decent IMO. Bodes well for the EVO :D

I dont it looks good. I hope they have the Lancer IX in the US. At my local dealer they have about 10 evo VIII for sale. NO one is buying them for some reason. THe WRXs are very popular though

You're right. What a shame that so much has changed since the Concept X show car. This one looks too tall and it makes the wheels look smaller than they are.

I dont it looks good. I hope they have the Lancer IX in the US. At my local dealer they have about 10 evo VIII for sale. NO one is buying them for some reason. THe WRXs are very popular though

how come???

hmm does Mitubishi also offer a higher displacement until like Subaru does wit é 2.5L enignes ,when it coes to é EVO's ??

• 1 month later...