• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aston Martin Db9

Bishu

WOW nice car. Thats got to be the second best car in SL next to the 360. That is serious money. and I hope it stays scratch-less in SL

I dont know how scratch - less it will be. Cos i all ready see a Customs Guy Signing papers on the Aston Martin DB 9 Fenders. If i was the owner i would have kicked his ass.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.. i hope so pericles.. dnt wanna see that babe going thru hell here.. lol.. but man.. this car stands out even in the pics.. so i could just imagine how many heads would turn in an instant when this ride just passes on da street..woofah.. what a beauty!

wonder where d he wanna take his babe for maintenance..

Zz

Isnt Aston Martin imported by the same compnay who makes the micro car?

Nah man. Aston has no agent in SL. The company is owned by Ford so perhaps David Pieris Motors can get it if they want.

wonder how much this thing cost?

Rs. 62 Mill I'm told.

Sweet car man... that spankin shine would make any car lover drool over n collapse lol... man.. nice pics bishu! would these cars run k on our roads? i mean.. normal SL roads with da occassionally uneveness n humps n stuf..

i d say da owner outta be a lucky bastard! lol

Zz

He's the babe just been unloaded

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3184/image001rb7.jpg

Edited by mazdaspeed

just curious bishu... what were you doing there

I got this Pics from a Good Friend of mine…However My Farther works at Colombo Dockyard Limited….He also saw this car that day.. But sorry to tell that he couldn’t take any pics coz he didn’t had a camera that time ;):P …..anyway Bro , I think I’ll be getting some more pics B)B) …………….>>>>

I know it sounds ludicrous, but thats actually waay cheaper than my estimate. In the SL context, it sounds almost ..... reasonable ... ;)

In the Sri Lankan context spending that much on car no matter how nice/good it is shameful. Thats IMO and I shall stop there.

But I luuuurve the AM's anyday!

Edited by Pilawoos

I know it sounds ludicrous, but thats actually waay cheaper than my estimate. In the SL context, it sounds almost ..... reasonable ... :P

Hmmmm....so i guess this beats the previous record holder-Merc S550 (52 Million) as the highest priced car in SL

if i could have just 3 million for a decent japanese sedan.... B) someguys have all the luck ;)

not for debates sake.. y would anybody wanna spend so much on such an exotic vehicle whilst he could easily get a more performing vehicle for a fraction of the cost? i mean, is it cuz of the "cool" factor or what? to me this is just a easy way to waste hard earned cash man... not that SL should not have any of these beauties.. i fail to see the point in such luxury living...

Zz

I dont know how scratch - less it will be. Cos i all ready see a Customs Guy Signing papers on the Aston Martin DB 9 Fenders. If i was the owner i would have kicked his ass.

Absolutely bro. That was the first thing i noticed too and was thinking the same ;) The moron ...

not for debates sake.. y would anybody wanna spend so much on such an exotic vehicle whilst he could easily get a more performing vehicle for a fraction of the cost? i mean, is it cuz of the "cool" factor or what? to me this is just a easy way to waste hard earned cash man... not that SL should not have any of these beauties.. i fail to see the point in such luxury living...

See its like this my friend ... I would agree with you on the fact that one could get down perhaps a Mitsubishi Evo 8-MR (FQ400) and do 0-100km/h in 3.5secs....its got 400horses and one quickass car! .....BUT....can you keep a Jap saloon close to something like this? Oki, for the sake of justification lets consider a sedan....how abt the Audi RS4? Imagine the heads you'll turn...imagine the respect you'll get...imagine the class you would be associated to....imagine the build quality you would get if you were to own the RS4 over the FQ400....imagine the PRODUCT 2 PRODUCT comparison....I'd call it the "X" factor :P ...and if YOU had that type of cash @ hand (no pun intended in anyway to anyone), which car would you rather be seen cruising in ? ;)

(this is my personal opinion guys B) )

lancerfq40005_01.jpg

Vs.

audirs405_07.jpg

LOL! well dude.. i agree wit ya.. the X factors mainly it i suppose... but I ve got the tendency to move onto the sports side rather than luxury... BMW M series would be great! But i guess it is ultimately based in taste n class..

As stingray said.. affording a Japanese sedan too would be a miracle rite now in ma situ.. hehe...

The bugger probably will probably be burnin holes in the wallet maintainin this beast.. but 62 MILLION!! I stil find that way too much on the extreme side lol..

Ma vote - I ll go for the Evo.. with the 62 million there s way more things which needs to be done rather than "earning" respect n looks by just cruisin in it ;-) .. no offense to al luxury vehicle owners..

Zz

Obviously the owner's got money to burn. If the chap can spend Rs.62 million on a car I don't think he'd be too worried about his 'maintenance' costs. ;)

As for being able to get a cheaper, better performing car for less- Its the guy's money and obviously he bought the car down because he prefers it over the other options available to him. His choice might not make a lot of sense or may not be justifiable to a lot of people; but at the end of the day its really about what makes sense to him, and what's important to him. In simpler terms: His car, his petrol, his show.

Edited by tuk tuk

Obviously the owner's got money to burn. If the chap can spend Rs.62 million on a car I don't think he'd be too worried about his 'maintenance' costs. ;)

As for being able to get a cheaper, better performing car for less- Its the guy's money and obviously he bought the car down because he prefers it over the other options available to him. His choice might not make a lot of sense or may not be justifiable to a lot of people; but at the end of the day its really about what makes sense to him, and what's important to him. In simpler terms: His car, his petrol, his show.

100 % Agreed with you Bro.

Hey, Ashan, no marketing, remember? B)

Aiyo, wouldn't dream of it big guy! ;)

*******************************************************************************************************

... But for me I will choose the Evo 9 over a Audi RS4 at anytime.

B)

Dims, dont tell anyone...but I'd go with the Evo too :P

Edited by ashan

yeah, its the dude's money. If he can afford it why not, sure the GOSL would love the tax on that. But when it comes to showing off to the rest of the population I think the wealty Sri lankans can't be outdone. They buy a merc that is available all over the world and the throw a cocktail to show off, like messrss 'you know who'. Don't get me wrong, the DB9 is my dream car too, but the way this country is going, dude could do wonders spending that on the poor people and charity other than showing off his wealth. Wonder if anyione approaches him to ask money for a worthy cause, if he will be so generous? Bill Gates with all his money drives a Toyota as an everyday car and he gives more to charity than all other corporates put together and he still gets richer!. Our rich fellas should learn from him.

Edited by VVTi

yeah, its the dude's money. If he can afford it why not, sure the GOSL would love the tax on that. But when it comes to showing off to the rest of the population I think the wealty Sri lankans can't be outdone. They buy a merc that is available all over the world and the throw a cocktail to show off, like messrss 'you know who'. Don't get me wrong, the DB9 is my dream car too, but the way this country is going, dude could do wonders spending that on the poor people and charity other than showing off his wealth. Wonder if anyione approaches him to ask money for a worthy cause, if he will be so generous? Bill Gates with all his money drives a Toyota as an everyday car and he gives more to charity than all other corporates put together and he still gets richer!. Our rich fellas should learn from him.

Hmmm interesing thought..though being a lover of exotic sportscars even if ihad that much money to buy one and extra dough to live comfortably i would not do so since the tax paid on that would be eaten up by our very efficient bunch of ministers, so its basically my own money which goes into fattening up their bellys..at least use up the money on vehicle tax to do up roads properly for godsakes!

If i had 62 million to throw about would have gone for a 7 series and a prado and i guess still would be left enough to buy a decent house!!! now thats an investment i would consider being practical!.

Anyway i am not taking any credit from the owner..it is a fine car indeed and we should be fortunate to see one of these on our roads :ninja:

look forward to seeing a FEMALE behind the wheel of what already is unarguably the sexisest car in the country!

...a source close to the family reported that the car is a BIRTHDAY present for His WIFE!!!!

wtf? ya serious dude.. bought for wife? f***in hell.. this gotta be one devoted husband lol.. just imagine da jaw dropping effect of vehicle enthusiasts when seeing a gal driving the most exotic car on SL roads! this is one for the books.. f***! pray to god the darn thing got reverse sensors n automated "car" safety systems cuz most women dnt drive in a straight line from what i ve seen...

Zz

Edited by sharkster