• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Humvee

Devinda_Z

and toyota had the globes to bring it to SEMA!! It would sell better if they didnt make it look so much like a chinese hummer. could have gone with some design hints from within its own FJ pedigree.

check out Toyota's answer to the HUMVEE!

....if ur thinking its a Land Cruiser Amazon, guess again!

say hello to the MEGA CRUISER !! :huh:

& no it isnt a joke - its been around a fair while now...not many in private use lu but..

:angry:

Actually bro, this thing was first shown as a concept in the early 90's...... 92 or 94 i'm not sure.... so it's fairly long in the tooth......

Pretty umm..... well...... Grotesque don't ya think? I'm a COMMITTED toyota off-road enthusiast, but this thing is just Too OTT......

Makes Range Rovers Look like Sensible buys eh? IMHO thats a job best left to hummer..... :(

:angry:

Makes Range Rovers Look like Sensible buys eh? IMHO thats a job best left to hummer..... :huh:

We looks aside...if this is as hardly and reliable as the Land Cruiser HJ 75 (Troopie that our police use) with a little bit more off road capability, looks wont be a problem for the Aid Groups/ NGOs and Govt Orgs.

Besides..Imagine the thing in black with all the full option trimmings and it should look quite butch.

I guess its not in wide private use due its high cost and the fact that the Land Cruiser series DOES THE JOB in most instances.

yeah i'd also like to see a pimped Megacruiser...bit it looks a tad more distinguished from e side on in black :D

200dsc03061bv7.jpg

but toyota is going 'old school' with the new FJ cruiser - too bad its US only :lol:

0604toyotafjcruiser0344pf8.jpg

whoa check this demo!

MEga CRuiser has proper 4 wheel Steering!!! :P NICE :D

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/274198/the_toyota_megacruiser/

• 2 years later...