• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Notes On Sound Proofing The Car?

Hola

Question

Hi All,

Appreciate if you can share any notes you have on sound proofing cars. I know sound proofing on the engine bay comes factory fitted in some cars. I experienced a car which had interior sound proofed.

Hope you experts can share any notes on this, like cost and how to...

Hola

9 answers to this question

sorry Holla dunno much abt cars - i thought ony Land Rovers needed sound proofing!!

basically ur looking at lotsa padded mats which will line the bulkhead , gear tunnel & floor boards of the vehicle

mats would contain sound absorbent material like glass wool etc encased in Rubber sheets which again soak up vibrations

when coupled with Led foil u've got the perfect heat deflective - sound deadning material

but i've no clue if anyone doe it here - but there are guys in the UK who sell these in bulk...

Well there are mats, foams, sprays etc. which would help ya dude... if ya want some notes.. here ya go :-

http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/sound_proofing.htm

n its done in Sri Lanka yeah :jumping-smiley-013:

Zz

You get the under carriage coating which is applied like a paint/glue similar to the anti-corrosive or protective(Tuff Kote type) helps.

3M is supposed to have some sound proofing pads available in Sri Lanka for cars as well.

I checked out the Material marketed by P@tco L@nka. they have Chinese & US products... i tried the Sheets imported from China on the front door panels....did have a noticeable difference.. 1 packet was 1100LKR & a packet had 2 sheets. it took me 3 packets for the front door panels..... DIY should be possible.

Hi All,

Appreciate if you can share any notes you have on sound proofing cars. I know sound proofing on the engine bay comes factory fitted in some cars. I experienced a car which had interior sound proofed.

Hope you experts can share any notes on this, like cost and how to...

Hola

Sir,

Have you sorted out your problem of Sound Transmission control Correct technical term for (SOUND PROOFING) inside of your Vehicle as your first post to this forum is on end of January and few replies for same was send to this forum.

Wijesinghe.

Sir,

Have you sorted out your problem of Sound Transmission control Correct technical term for (SOUND PROOFING) inside of your Vehicle as your first post to this forum is on end of January and few replies for same was send to this forum.

Wijesinghe.

Hola is long gone dude...He was banned a couple of years back.

Hola is long gone dude...He was banned a couple of years back.

He was banned? Really? I thought he simply left (to 'teach us a lesson') in a cloud of grimy exhaust smoke and twisted panties? I was always hoping he'd come back for that dude sure was good entertainment; but as of late a couple of individuals have stepped up and made him proud; so all's well. I guess that's what the circle of life is about...One 'Hola' leaves two - three - four show up and take his place :D

Edited by Kavvz

Sir,

Wijesinghe.

Thats Jan 2007