• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Guide Me To A New Car----

nipunas

Hi experts, :D

Im planing to buy a un-reg car but still bit undesided on which model is best in terms of

Fuel efficiency

Trouble free running

Parts & repair cost/availability

second hand value

and specially the how good it looks...

My budget is 2.3M max (with a lease). Im not looking for a big sporty car but for a economical and good looking one that i can use every day to office & back home.

I kind of liked toyota ist and honda fit but I prefer a sedan... but I heard cars like n16 in that range are not that good on fuel and parts ...

Can any of you experts give a suggetion which will be the best value for money

Thanks in advance

Nipuna

Corolla X grade seems to be in that range...

can even try for a G grade with less add ons i think....

Im planing to buy a un-reg car but still bit undesided on which model is best in terms of

Fuel efficiency

Trouble free running

second hand value

My budget is 2.3M max (with a lease). Im not looking for a big sporty car but for a economical and good looking one that i can use every day to office & back home.

I kind of liked toyota ist and honda fit but I prefer a sedan... but I heard cars like n16 in that range are not that good on fuel and parts ...

Thanks in advance

Nipuna

Mazda 323. There are a few around the sales. Better hurry before prices get jacked up again.

Like Lilindu, I recommend a Mazda 323, try to get a manual- A Singapore spec would be lovely and would be around that range...

Better make up your mind fast- the prices are abt to take off

when do you guys think price are going up again...Hope not in early February

Corolla X grade seems to be in that range...

can even try for a G grade with less add ons i think....

Machang Ripper,

All the G grades i check are over 27 :) and X grades over 24-25 ...... :D

Are they really good on petrol as everybody talks?

Like Lilindu, I recommend a Mazda 323, try to get a manual- A Singapore spec would be lovely and would be around that range...

Better make up your mind fast- the prices are abt to take off

Hi mazdaspeed

What about the second hand market value for mazda's ? i heard they go very cheap second hand.

Any body have expirience on toyota IST or a honda Fit...????

How good are they on petrol and second hand value???

Edited by nipunas

Hi experts, :P

Fuel efficiency

Trouble free running

second hand value

Thanks in advance

Nipuna

Hi Nipuna,

For your requirements the Vios will be the best option. But you may not be able to get an unregistered for 2.3m.

The Mazda 323 will not have a good second hand value.

Regards,

Dinosh.

Fuel efficiency

Trouble free running

second hand value

Thanks in advance

Nipuna

U could get the new Yaris (Hatch) unreg for 2.4. Haggle a bit and settle @ 2,350 and U cant go much wrong there.

Hi Nipuna,

For your requirements the Vios will be the best option. But you may not be able to get an unregistered for 2.3m.

The Mazda 323 will not have a good second hand value.

Regards,

Dinosh.

Sorry Dinosh.... there is a good 2nd hand value for mazda, a 2000 model would cost some where abt 1.4mil to 1.6 (1500CC) the 1300CC are lesser... A 2003 model is going at 1.6 - 1.8 Mil now....

Compared to Nissans and Toyota's true the value is not that great... but overall the car is much better than the Nissan N 16, etc....

The Vios is a nice looking car- besides the fact that the meter's are at the middle of the console- seems stupid to Me but some tend to like it. However the price many be an issue

Good luck on the hunt

Edited by mazdaspeed

the sale in makola, Nik*b* told me that you can get an X grade from them for around 2mil but at the time i checked with them they only had the G grades... they were 2.7 and up.

The vios is a neat car... looks pretty coll on the outside... Stone reliability of a toyota so can'tt go wrong there :D

Machan,

Make your mind up fast cuz I am on the look out as well and let me tell u car prices r going up by the day, Its crazzzzzyyyyyy

Rily mate, what happened with that Autozam in the A/L classifieds??? did u check it out??

No machang, I made up my mind on what I want

Carina Ti

Corona Premio

Huh? :lol: I thought you said you were looking for a "sporty" car?? but all in all, cantt fault your choice bro, both r good cars....... but IMHO you should at least try to get a Carina GT