• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 6 (2013) or Merc c180 (2010)

shanakamm

Question

Hi Guys,

Planning to buy a car and these 3 are in my final list.

this will be a daily driver and mostly around 1000km monthly. Fuel consumption is not too big of an issue but hope these would do at least 8-10km/l in traffic. I would mainly look for handling/driving pleasure, safety, reliability, design and creature comforts. Also not a big fan of SUV or cross overs.

Since all of these are now decade old and used for more than 100k kms, would like to know the knows issues and parts availability too. 

Options:

• Mazda 6 (2013)
  • Mercedes c180 or c200 (2010) 
  • Lexus CT200h (2012) 

my budget is around 8-9 mil and please do let me know if you have any other recommendations too, or any other advice or tips regarding this is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

23 hours ago, trinity said:

love that Red bro. For me this car looks stunning in that color.

I used to love it too. When it was first revealed I thought it was magical. But gosh...every single Mazda I see no matter model or size are soul reds. I got extra tired of it after seeing these massive (and semi massive) crossovers in that color. It just..just....too much dang red :). Mazda totally over extended the Soul Red. They should have saved it for "special" cars. Like the roadster. or limited packages or trim levels of the 6 and 3. I don't like it on the Demio either. Looks like a rolling red ball or a red guineapig. the 2 sedan..yes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 5:04 PM, trinity said:

Congratulations on your purchase. She is stunning!! Read through the entire thread and I was thrilled to see that you chose the Mazda. 

I was also planning to upgrade to a 6 after my Lancer EX, but I had to put that on hold due to the inflated prices and the country situation. 

Suggest you create a new thread dedicated to the car and use it to share your journey with the car if time permits.

Cheers!!

On 8/18/2023 at 6:43 PM, iRage said:

Congratulations on the car ! She does look very nice !!! I am not a big fan of soul red (or the other kind of red) on most of the Mazdas as it is so so common. Prefer this blue and the gun metail a lot more :)

As trinity suggested. Please create a separate thread for the car....later on if you feel like you want to share all the above discussions about coming to your decision, we can merge the threads together as well.

Thank you guys. Really appreciate all the comments and help given towards choosing this car. specially @iRage, @fiat fan and @Quiet
The only reasons buying a 6 over Axela is interior space and not being a hybrid. 

not a big fan of red color either. I actually wanted to buy a gun metal car with black crome wheels. But after seeing this under direct sun light I was sold. (it has a very nice purplish dust. Still want to change the wheels though 😉) also it's not a very common color like light blue ones. 

On 8/19/2023 at 3:52 AM, fiat fan said:

Well that started with a big bang (pun intended) 

Nice car dude. Get a good detail done on it. Also wheels will look cooler in a darker shade.

haha yeah. Really want the original 17" dark chrome wheels. maybe in future.., let's see.. 😁

On 8/21/2023 at 3:00 PM, Quiet said:

Congrants i have a car with same colour, your head light mod seem very cool

yes, They are. kinda similar to new 2023 Mazda cx50 headlights. also this is has sequential turn signals in bottom DRLs .

Handling and total driving experience was day and night compared to same era Japs like Toyotas allion, premio. also much better interior than c180 in my opinion. also I'm getting decent fuel economy. 12kmpl in heavy traffic like battaramulla  to borrella. this is far better than my previous kia cerato. (did around 8-9kmpl)

I will definitely create a separate thread on Mazda section with my experience and more pictures.
also plaining to do some small modifications (don't worry, not ricer modifications tho. 😅, subtle changes like adding hood struts, enabling hidden features with forscan and retrofitting keyless entry etc.)

Thank you guys. 

Edited by shanakamm

52 minutes ago, shanakamm said:

Handling and total driving experience was day and night compared to same era Japs like Toyotas allion, premio

This is where you are completely wrong !

The Allion/Premio is NOT from the same era!

The 2012/2013 (and all the way up to 2019) Allion/Premio is actually from the early 2000s (2001 to be exact). The 260 Premio even from like 207 used the New MC platform used by the Premio/Allion in 2001. The suspension system was also the same with very minor changes (considering the rear had a torsion beam there really isn't much you can do with it). The only thing new in the 260 was the 2.0L and 1.8L engines and the interior and body. Even the 1.5L engine is from2001 with minor improvements. Then Toyota just kept on plugging basic safety features and improvements to the cooling and exhaust systems to meet Japanese regulations until the model was killed off.

So do not insult the Premio/Allion by saying it is from the same era ! It is a decade older. Geex dude ! Respect your elders :D:D:D...they say old is gold noh ? 

• Haha 1