• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How can I recover my lost SL Driving Licence whilst being overseas

PreseaLover

So folks yo! Been a while eh? :D 

So after a night of hard drinking I lost my wallet in Germany. My SL drivers license was also in it. I don't need it as I'm not coming back to SL, but I need the SL driving license to convert into my German driving license as I did not do it when I came here. Now, the question is without coming to SL, how can I get my Sri Lankan driving license again? I would save around 1000 euros and quite a lot of driving lessons if I convert from my SL DL to DE DL. There is no point of me coming to SL and getting it again because then I'm losing out more money anyway. 

I don't know how you would get the license when you are not here....however, I do know that if you lose your driver's license in a foreign country you need to get the police report from the foreign police station and attested by the nearest Sri Lankan diplomatic mission (i.e. the embassy or high commission). After which you come back here and report the loss to the RMV (one guy I knew had to go to his local police station in SL and relodge the loss whilst another didn't..so no idea what is happening with that).

Can you call your embassy and check what you need ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 12:40 PM, iRage said:

I don't know how you would get the license when you are not here....however, I do know that if you lose your driver's license in a foreign country you need to get the police report from the foreign police station and attested by the nearest Sri Lankan diplomatic mission (i.e. the embassy or high commission). After which you come back here and report the loss to the RMV (one guy I knew had to go to his local police station in SL and relodge the loss whilst another didn't..so no idea what is happening with that).

Can you call your embassy and check what you need ? 

-_-

Edited by PreseaLover