• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vw Beetle

Supra_Natural

Hey guys, this is just a question out of sheer boredom, but does anyone know what performance mods can be done on a VW bug?? I seem to remember reading somewhere on the forums about a guy who dragged a beetle here in SL..... anyone know what he was running??

There are loads of VeeDub mags available. Check on the net and you can ask a book shop like Vijitha Yapa to get it for you.

Also try the old book shops at McCallum road. You'll get all the info needed about mods.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing rude abt it bung.. :huh:

anyways Supra's hell bent on a particular car, but if u guys know of any beetles pls tell -

cuz i still feel any & every possibility should be explored

@Hola - Bro finding a decent Beetle is pretty much impossible :( every single car has some major flaw or another <_<

anyways Supra's hell bent on a particular car, but if u guys know of any beetles pls tell -

@Hola - Bro finding a decent Beetle is pretty much impossible :( every single car has some major flaw or another <_<

Well, not impossible as such, just hard to do if you dont want to end up paying 600,000 for a volkswagen bug :blink: and that figure is NOT a misprint!!!!

600k sounds crazy, but if you look at the prices in the UK for mint condition Beetles, thats about right. Limited edition SuperBeetles in mint condition sometimes approach 10k pounds...for a car that has been made in the millions...its pretty impressive.

Edited by gunat

Rude? How exactly?? I didn't notice mate.... :)

Thank god!

No machang, since you told me to kep an eye on VWs i did and there are plenty. I am now going to post this thread to miniace who will for sure will advice more

Thank god!

No machang, since you told me to kep an eye on VWs i did and there are plenty. I am now going to post this thread to miniace who will for sure will advice more

Thanks Hola for dropping a mail and reminding.

I honestly dont know much about VWs.I sent SN a mail stating the same.But Im sure I can find any VW user the rare spares needed through our classic car club and direct to good VW mechanics.

MINIACE

I honestly dont know much about VWs.I sent SN a mail stating the same.But Im sure I can find any VW user the rare spares needed through our classic car club and direct to good VW mechanics.

MINIACE

Miniace machan, this is a bit OT, but do you know anything about the spares availability for Ford Capris? can parts be sourced?

Supra N

Have you found the car you want? I sent you an email w/some buying hints taken out of the Haynes Manual...

Or have you shifted your interest to the Capri?

Hey mate, I DID find a car, (the one i described in the mail) but too many issues with it machan..... so still hunting. The Capri question came up simply because D_z and I saw a car while out and about... at first the price was reasonable, but the moment we expressed interest it went high!! :lol:

Miniace machan, this is a bit OT, but do you know anything about the spares availability for Ford Capris? can parts be sourced?

Of course im crazy about Capris .There are plenty of spares places in Panchikawatte.will mail you details.I can remember Vibhu Perera raced Mk1 capris in 1981 at katu.I was a very small kid then but still remember most of the racing moments.

Well that Kularatne guy we talked about owned a Mk1 capri.Guess he is still having it.Need to talk to him??

MINIACE

MINIACE

Machang lets somehow influence SN for minis..finish ne? Honestly SN, why not go for a mini?

Let him be infected with the 'Mini virus'....then will deal with the treatments :lol:

Will let him drive my latest babe and.....then you can imagine the rest of the story :lol:

MINIACE

Whats your latest car? You didnt tell us...unfair

hey guys, sorry this is late (As usual :lol: )

@ Miniace, machan, can you find out if Kularatne still has the car? and if hes willing to get rid of it? thanks

Well about Minis, dont get me wrong, I like the cars in general (D_z ge Boru Mada!!!! :lol: ), but two things prevent me from buying one right now....

First, I just can't get used to the driving position...... :angry: at least on standard cars....

and second of course.... PRICE..... Simply dont have the finances for a good Mini right now..... which is why i'm aiming slightly lower :)

This oversized Sri Lankan doesn't find it very tolarable tho :D Tho I think Max's one has an altered driving position. Dilshan's one was fine.

No Peri..steering can be lowered easily.There are lowering brackets available as an aftermarket product.Seat adjustments are the same.Custom extended railings are available.When it comes to rear view mirrors...them too can be shorted for better visibility.If hight matters can change the seat :D !! Sparco has a Mini custom seat for oversize handlers :D

Options are unlimited for giants :lol: No offence Preveen ! ;)

MINIACE

Steering position is like a Lorry lú! :lol: ....i dunno-let him defend himself tomorrow :D

machan the driving position can be adjusted as miniace said & you can put a 13" sports steering wheel .( a big made sri lankan like praveen will not have a problem due to the steering wheel being smaller ) :P

by the way thanks HOLA for bringing the MINI VIRUS to a VW topic

Edited by mighty mini

Hi Mighty mini! Welcome to the forum!!

Good to have many Mini Virus infected guys around!! I love this sick cpmpany :lol: !!

One thing I forgot that ,Minis can be converted power steering.Rover has a aftermarket EPS kit but I preffer the manual touch.Someone said Maruti EPS kit is also compatible!

MINIACE

Hi Mighty mini! Welcome to the forum!!

Good to have many Mini Virus infected guys around!! I love this sick cpmpany :lol: !!

One thing I forgot that ,Minis can be converted power steering.Rover has a aftermarket EPS kit but I preffer the manual touch.Someone said Maruti EPS kit is also compatible!

MINIACE

this is OT

hi miniace, what kind of cost are we talking for the aftermarket EPS kit machan , as my wife still prefers the VZR over the mini ( it should be the otherway round ) :P

this is OT

hi miniace, what kind of cost are we talking for the aftermarket EPS kit machan , as my wife still prefers the VZR over the mini ( it should be the otherway round ) :P

Its I heard between 5-10K.There is this guy in Negombo who could do this job.Will text you details.

A M W has Alto EPS kits.

Damn these women! Even my wife is ok with my mini fever but she hates driving Minis.Finally I sold her one last year.I respect peace :lol:

MINIACE

i havent quite given up on é capri.... :angry-smiley-048:

Machan I'm also after a capri III.... Have big plans for it. How much is he quoting for that

as my wife still prefers the VZR over the mini ( it should be the otherway round ) :P

Size does matter machan.... :lol: