• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vw Beetle

Supra_Natural

Its I heard between 5-10K.There is this guy in Negombo who could do this job.Will text you details.

A M W has Alto EPS kits.

Damn these women! Even my wife is ok with my mini fever but she hates driving Minis.Finally I sold her one last year.I respect peace :lol:

MINIACE

My wife drives the Mini, and she kind of likes it, personally I haven't had complaint from her about the steering, even though there's a huge difference between the Mini and Bimmer...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Machan I'm also after a capri III.... Have big plans for it. How much is he quoting for that

this is a MK I late 60's early 70's capri - wants 350,000 + for it

i recall seeing a Mk II in é motormag for double é above price!! :o

bt yet to see any MK III in é mkt... :mellow:

Here's my two cents worth.

I would drop the Capri. After all it's just a Cortina in drag. And the Corti is hardly anything special. As I said before I'm not a Beetle fan, I find it noisy, girly and ugly.

But the Mini.............Wow It's a fantastic car. One of the most enjoyable drives I've ever had, even though I've driven one only about 3 times in my life.

I've promised myself to get one someday!

machan the driving position can be adjusted as miniace said & you can put a 13" sports steering wheel .( a big made sri lankan like praveen will not have a problem due to the steering wheel being smaller ) :P

by the way thanks HOLA for bringing the MINI VIRUS to a VW topic

As always. Bigger surprise for all you mini fans from me and Miniace soon! for now its a secret :ninja:

My wife drives the Mini, and she kind of likes it, personally I haven't had complaint from her about the steering, even though there's a huge difference between the Mini and Bimmer...

Are we still on minis here? j/k :D

See....... the mini virus is spreading fast! :lol:

Yes it is, but we still couldnt brain wash Supra Natural did we? Does VW have their own club in SL?

As always. Bigger surprise for all you mini fans from me and Miniace soon! for now its a secret :ninja:

Does VW have their own club in SL?

Ado Hola.... :angry: isnt it going to be a suprise ??? ;)

Yes there is a VW-beetle club!

MINIACE

but would i be wrong in saying that a Capri is as close as one will ever come to an attainable Muscle car in Sri Lanka once é chassis is reinforced n a v8 is dropped in? :D

Lets see who would make it a reality 1st... :D

There was a VW varient in Athurugiriya few years ago. It was in a non running state. Those days we were schooling and had few thousand rupees with us. we were hunting for a car( no matter what spec) and found this variant in a back yard of a house in athurugiriya. The owner quoted Rs.25000 (twenty five thousand) and we came back..we had only 5000 rs...ha ha..no joke..we found a ford prefect for that money..(but did not buy that coz our father said he will burn it if we bring it home... ). Anyway coming back to the VW , The body was ok but there was a leak in the petrol tank..also one of the spark plug couldnt be tightned. the thread was naked. we even didnt know the value of it and owner was not aware of the value too.

I dont know whether its still there or not. but no harm by trying.. there is a high chance for the car to be there coz it wanst for sale. we bumped in and asked for it.if you go from malabe side in malabe - athurugiriya road turn right from walagama junction. go until it hits the homagama road, turn right again and the house was onto the left hand side. ask from some one for a red VW. sorry but cant remeber the house number.

good luck VW lovers

Edited by landy_man

Ado Hola.... :angry: isnt it going to be a suprise ??? ;)

Yes there is a VW-beetle club!

MINIACE

Sorry sir... :( im initating and i am trying to destroy it too neda?

Fighting the temptation to be very rude here.......... :lol: but you're right, its "wanna"..... ;)

Target date is March 30th ok? We had enough of searching-its high time!

Hola bro if u can find a vehicle is decent shape for 200,000 - 250,000 i'm supra will buy :)

....we've pretty much exhuasted all é leads in Colombo :(

@Landy_Man - will check é VARIENT machan - thanx for é heads up

-OT : is ur's a 110 or 90 - Tdi? :)

Hola bro if u can find a vehicle is decent shape for 200,000 - 250,000 i'm supra will buy :)

....we've pretty much exhuasted all é leads in Colombo :(

@Landy_Man - will check é VARIENT machan - thanx for é heads up

-OT : is ur's a 110 or 90 - Tdi? :)

i dont have to find-there are so many, its just you got lot of doubts

i dont have to find-there are so many, its just you got lot of doubts

no machn - doubts are justified when pretty much every single car had rusted body work so bad that it looked like é blooming beetle hhad a rash!!!! :blink:

é ones which have good mechnicals have body damage etc - most are 'yaanthamata runners' ...where nothing quite works fully...

such a mess machan :(

no machn - doubts are justified when pretty much every single car had rusted body work so bad that it looked like é blooming beetle hhad a rash!!!! :blink:

é ones which have good mechnicals have body damage etc - most are 'yaanthamata runners' ...where nothing quite works fully...

such a mess machan :(

Before the intrest runs off lets finish it this month.

more than interest bro its é patience that will run out...

...disappointmets of not being able to find a good car are really taking its toll...

.... poor Supra_Natural looked at his 20th car today & was beaten to a decent spec by a guy who landed with cash on é spot n got é car...

i really do sympathise with his cause... siraawata epaawenawa bung mehema wena kota...

...disappointmets of not being able to find a good car are really taking its toll...

.... poor Supra_Natural looked at his 20th car today & was beaten to a decent spec by a guy who landed with cash on é spot n got é car...

i really do sympathise with his cause... siraawata epaawenawa bung mehema wena kota...

20th car and no purchaing yet? :violent-smiley-030:

20th car and no purchaing yet? :violent-smiley-030:

Dude! If the guy wants to look at 100 cars and not make a purchase, thats his choice! Aint nothing for u to comment about how many cars he has looked at! Thats just damn rude. After all, its his money, not yours. :rolleyes:

buying these old cars you really need patience, specially MINI's & VW's

as lot of people have made it a business to find a crap car, make it decent looking from appearence & quote a packet. if you complain simplest excuse is "what more can you expect from a 40 yr old car "

pls dont be in a hurry there are good cars , difficult to find .

one of my friends bought a morris minor 2sri with "hand signal" first ower car for 65,000 even ther nickel bumpers are in very good shape, all meters working,

even when i was looking for mini's, i almost gave up the idea looking at the prices & the conditions of cars

thanks to madmax i managed to find a decent ride (still lot more to do to get it to good shape)

all the best on your hunt

Hey guys, thanks for the support, sorry i couldn't post sooner, was a bit tied up over the weekend..... :)

@ Hola, Machan, as D_z said, you aint gonna believe the kinda Cr** we have looked at among those 20 cars..... :blink: so 20 cars is nothing really, and as @ today i have leads on 5 more cars to look at......

@ MRM, Spot on brother...... I saw a lot of those jobs where the owner slapped anew coat of paint over a TON of rust......and then quotes insane amounts for it....... and if any questions are asked, you get the "Its a 40 year old car., yada yada........" as you said.... bloody annoyance :angry:

and as D_z pointed out (no need for me to even post since hes about nuh? :lol: ), I found a really great deal in the paper yesterday, went to see it and it looked excellent...... told the Seller i'll bring my mechanic around today, only for the asswipe to call me up in the evening and say he had freakin' sold it........ Honestly could've Kicked the bugger @ that point :violent-smiley-099:

but I WILL PERSEVERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!