• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Cars

gpmac

What do you guys think of the local Micro Car in particular the Trend, Micro Van and well as the new addition the Rexton, do any of you guys have any positive or negative comments with regards to these local vehicles.

What r your opinions with regards to the quality of these vehicles, purely taking it as a layman's point of view I think the quality of the vehicles seems to be slightly better than the Indian alternatives and at least on par with the Malaysian models.

And is it just me or do any of u find it strange that a forum named autolanka does not have a specific folder that if dedicated to the local car.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of the local Micro Car in particular the Trend, Micro Van and well as the new addition the Rexton, do any of you guys have any positive or negative comments with regards to these local vehicles.

What r your opinions with regards to the quality of these vehicles, purely taking it as a layman's point of view I think the quality of the vehicles seems to be slightly better than the Indian alternatives and at least on par with the Malaysian models.

And is it just me or do any of u find it strange that a forum named autolanka does not have a specific folder that if dedicated to the local car.

well i agree on the build quality but again IMO . Better if any micro owner can reply. I know some of the members of IESL uses micro vans.

answering the second question , over to you mods

I think their great.. and I like all of the shapes.. plus it's our local product.. but I heard they found it hard to deal with the current goverment and sold it off to some foreign company... :lol:

Yes, a stake of it was sold to a US holdings company. btw saw a new Micro MPV on baseline few days ago, it looks much better than the older version!

Yes, a stake of it was sold to a US holdings company. btw saw a new Micro MPV on baseline few days ago, it looks much better than the older version!

The deal is not done yet I can confirm. Newspaper report was premature. But they are getting atechnical advice from a UK company.

It seems that several ppl have bought the Rexton although its been in the market for a short time and also I think they only sold MicroCars International in order to sell the vehicles abroad, correct me if I am wrong

The Sangyong Rexton and Kyron are brought here in Semi knock down form and assembled here. Mind you the vehicles have 36% local content. Great achivement to have locally assembled cars. Both have Mercedes designed Common rail Turbo deisel engines and Merc manufactured tip-tronic boxes. What do you think of their styling? :lol:

have you guys seen their design's for the trains ? wow.. fantastic... these guys should be given a helping hand than taxing them right and left...

See simple people like u and me understand the logic of giving them a tax credit…..

We got 104 freaking idiots none of them seem to realize that we could give the local bugger a hand and reduce if not stop the crap we bring down form India…..

Let’s face it…. The local stuff Micro is just as good or even better than the Maruti ( my personal opinion ) Instead we get it sold / trying to sell it to a foreign company

have you guys seen their design's for the trains ? wow.. fantastic... these guys should be given a helping hand than taxing them right and left...

yes, you are right man, we should give them a hand. But Chinthana Uncles doesnt see that

this "selling" business is all a misunderstanding - like all companies MICRO needs financing - so although TRANSMECH "ownes" it per se a PORTION of it has been sold to a US based group who they had ties with even previously and has been facilitating their loans etc

as for é REXTON its not half bad - never been clos enough to a Mcro Trend or Privilage to comment...

é Kyron is just Bu*t ugly!!! &i mean that quire literally! :blink:

You guys are all talking the good talk but how many of you have actually bought a micro car, im hoping to get the van for business purposes and later on the Rexton would be great if I have the money that is, so any comment from micro users as to the quality of the vehicles

See simple people like u and me understand the logic of giving them a tax credit…..

We got 104 freaking idiots none of them seem to realize that we could give the local bugger a hand and reduce if not stop the crap we bring down form India…..

Let’s face it…. The local stuff Micro is just as good or even better than the Maruti ( my personal opinion ) Instead we get it sold / trying to sell it to a foreign company

I will any time pick a Micro rather than any Indian crap!

I have heard about the train but never seen a pic of it.

i'd consider a Rexton if it were cheaper n since its a MB powerplant n support local industry

but@7 million or what ever its abt double my max budget :blink:

but i personally dont need a sub compact of any sort,so patriotism aside- i dont NEED a Micro---but i wish more ppl who buy Maruti 800's would but this instead...

I've seen the Micro Privilege (thats the more normal looking one isn't it?), up close and I have to say i was V impressed..... couldn't do a complete get in, prod and check session, but the panel gaps were tight, the doors shut with a confident click (rather than the "bang" of a maruti) and overall it seemed to be a very well engineered, thoughtfully put together piece of kit....

however, this is just a visual inspection, and not a complete one @ that..... but on this evidence, i've gotta say two thumbs up to the micro guys....... and lets hope that Mr Chinthana and our record-breaking cabinet :blink: manage to see some sense and give them a helping hand eh?

The Micro small car (Not the Trend) is getting a complete revamp. The new car will be FF instead of the current RR layout.

I went to the show room last week and the quality seems to have improved quite a bit. The Van looks a lot better.

Yes the company needs a huge cash infusion and a step up in production. The US company is not on the scene yet. Only negotiating.

Sadly the government is deaf about all this.

wel.. atleast from what i hear it has got off to a good start.. so initially there outta/might be a few drawbacks which the customers gotta get accustomed to.. but lately.. the newer designs which i see zooming across the streets are quite nice.. and very economical too with certain people mentioning that repairs are quite rare.. having these vehicles locally made would def be a plus as the local scenario of potholes n sudden bumps would be a factor in making the vehicle more smoother..

i do wonder though why the govt keeps on increasing their taxes rather dan relieving them.. it seems that they wanna tax every shit in their sight..

Zz

where is é showroom located?

....do they hve any of é Rextons which were made here..? ...wouldnt minde having a look@our "local wrkmanship" :(

Showroom is at Borella near the Golf Club traffic lights.

I checked out the Rexton and Kyron. Workmanship very good I must say. Not rattles on the ones I drove.

Well theres a better way to help MICRO, without cutting tax.

I think if President ask all ministers and other people who gets cars from Local govt. budget in future to buy Reton (micro's rexton) , there will be ample sales to.

I saw on paper that MR. had said ministers shouldnt buy vehicals worth more than 7.5 million. but is it before tax or after tax?? anyway they can eaisly get Retons then.

this way it wouldn't cut govt. tax income, but local buisiness gets help, and after sale service would be good, and Micro can close inspect cars behavior on real day to day running.

BTW, I saw Mr.Karu using a indian Ambassador car in independence day. but isnt it great to use a Micro instead of that.

Beware of these chinese vehicles.

after all, the landwind scored a record breaking zero for crash tests

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1783784,00.html

check out the video (unbelievable)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4291830697517725289

That's crazy, that's easily the worst crash test I've seen. Honestly insane- It offered no protection what so ever!

(notes: the google video clip offers a side veiw) :(

That's crazy, that's easily the worst crash test I've seen. Honestly insane- It offered no protection what so ever!

(notes: the google video clip offers a side veiw) :(

good heavens :) the thing folded up like cardboard!!!!!! im guessing that the engine (or what was left of it) would have gone through the lower halves of the front seat occupants........ don't they have even BASIC safety testing in China????

BUddhika ur spot on

i have a feeling MICRO is on strategy of shaping up EL Presidenté cuz they're getting involved in small small govt. linked ventures-so in due course i expect that Micro will have some form of supposrt from é govt.-be it indirectly

oh also Micro has diversified into CONSTRUCTION now lu!

they've commenced work on a Rs.200 Million housing project using pre-fabricated walls etc

good to see at least one new local company going strong :(