• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda To Pay Almost $6mn For 'overclocked' Odometers!

Saturn

Hey guys, wow didnt know ma lil ol d15 had such a lot of potential....was thinkin of goin vetc l8r...

are grand civic parts extremely diff to find?...been havin a time findin shock's n' headlights for ma car....

tried to upgrade to a full light(which were easier to find) but had to do some major changes to da front to fit it....i tried at all da well known after market shops...down delkanda...n' panchikawatte...stafford wants a long time to get it imported....

also is 8-9kmp/l normal for your standard d15? im hearin claims abt ek vtec virs's doin 10 in city...could this be true? dat particular car is supposed to be quite fast as well(as expected wit virs).

ne ways this is what it looks like at da mo...

IPB Image

hopin to do some bodifyin n' tunin....will post once done...

Edited by speeddemon200

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did u try MIRAI or P*w*r A*to L*mps - those guys usually have everything...

also check U.S C*r S*le on Hill street in dehiwala?

thanx devz...where's dis mirai, n' power lamps place.....wonder if they've got da angel eyes projectors...

Is it just the button or is this button the control mechanism of an internal engine transition from a certain stage o power to another? i am not quite proficient in it.. would the button like shut off a portion of the engine thus saving fuel n reducing the power ? i take it that the buggati veyron shuts down certain cylinder depending on the throttle/torque requirements..

Zz

Is it just the button or is this button the control mechanism of an internal engine transition from a certain stage o power to another? i am not quite proficient in it.. would the button like shut off a portion of the engine thus saving fuel n reducing the power ? i take it that the buggati veyron shuts down certain cylinder depending on the throttle/torque requirements..

no é button doesnt make it more econmical as such and its not a D.o.D ( Displacement On Demand) system like in é newer Chrysler HEMI engines which only 4 cyl work at low revs

from wut i gather all é M Button does is recall a preset setting for é Suspension , Chassis regidity , throttle response , gear change resposne speed & other such settings

it also transmitts a signal to é ECU which probabaly selects a different fuel map & bunch of settings that allow a greater surge of Power

in addition é new M cars come with another button that allow é driver to select setting which he can preset in terms of é suspension , chassis , transmission etc - so he can preset different setting for which ever driving style or mood he likes & then using é "star" button recall each setting whilst on the more

é M Button is restriced to é Factory M setting for all those variables

no é button doesnt make it more econmical as such and its not a D.o.D ( Displacement On Demand) system like in é newer Chrysler HEMI engines which only 4 cyl work at low revs

from wut i gather all é M Button does is recall a preset setting for é Suspension , Chassis regidity , throttle response , gear change resposne speed & other such settings

it also transmitts a signal to é ECU which probabaly selects a different fuel map & bunch of settings that allow a greater surge of Power

in addition é new M cars come with another button that allow é driver to select setting which he can preset in terms of é suspension , chassis , transmission etc - so he can preset different setting for which ever driving style or mood he likes & then using é "star" button recall each setting whilst on the more

é M Button is restriced to é Factory M setting for all those variables

interesting stuff... but there is a certain degree of mechanical transition involved eh.. german engineering at its best you could say... i ve never been in any vehicle other than the ocassional allion etc.. so dont know much bout their tech n stuff...

I did read/hear bout this vehicle though with a suspension system which could transition into any style as required in the sense.. the car would lift itself when selected offroad and lower itself on normal tarmac.. it was quite a while back when i saw it.. a pity its not stil implemented.. (might be but never seen it)..

Zz

thanx devz...where's dis mirai, n' power lamps place.....wonder if they've got da angel eyes projectors...

they should have it machan - go past pizza hut in Nugeoda towards Maharagama side u'll come to one junction ( gamsabha i think) with an overhead colour light - pass that and got to é next colour light also (delkanda i think)- jus before that 2nd colour light P*wer A*to L*amps is onto your RIGHT hand side -

ask anyone where this places r and they'll tell u cuz its pretty famous out there...

(there used to be a STI8 with ;e rally stickers n all in é showcase @ P.A.L - dunno if its still there - but it used to be a ppretty easy way of identifying the place!!! :lol: )

interesting stuff... but there is a certain degree of mechanical transition involved eh.. german engineering at its best you could say... i ve never been in any vehicle other than the ocassional allion etc.. so dont know much bout their tech n stuff...

I did read/hear bout this vehicle though with a suspension system which could transition into any style as required in the sense.. the car would lift itself when selected offroad and lower itself on normal tarmac.. it was quite a while back when i saw it.. a pity its not stil implemented.. (might be but never seen it)..

Zz

that lifting stuff sounds like its from é TV series VIPER :D but if u think é M button is cool - you should experience LAND ROVERs TERRAIN RESPONSE SYSTEM !!!

amazing stuff - ride hight adjustment , torque split everything - really really cool interface too :lol: