• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1998 Honda Integra Gsr (automatic))

shane6399

Credit where it's due to charith Calvin kulasiri and octane heads. That young man is a tower of talent!

Yep its a creative article and he should be a talented chap . Ive hardly used that feature(to capture the selected colour) in my cam before. After going through your snaps, I tried few and it gives some cool snaps.

Yep its a creative article and he should be a talented chap . Ive hardly used that feature(to capture the selected colour) in my cam before. After going through your snaps, I tried few and it gives some cool snaps.

Personally (and this is a subjective thing) I don't like that selective color driection. Gimmicky. The guy can take nice pics, the pics of Ishraq's STi for example. But I don't agree with the creative direction on this. Having a few pics, ok, experimentation. Playing around is ok. The whole shoot? Just no in my book.

Sure there will be plenty of people going wow on FB, but there is a reason I don't listen to everyone who goes wow on FB.

Personally (and this is a subjective thing) I don't like that selective color driection. Gimmicky. The guy can take nice pics, the pics of Ishraq's STi for example. But I don't agree with the creative direction on this. Having a few pics, ok, experimentation. Playing around is ok. The whole shoot? Just no in my book.

Sure there will be plenty of people going wow on FB, but there is a reason I don't listen to everyone who goes wow on FB.

Peri he's 18. And he used my SLR. He has a lot to learn. I agree with you, but the sort of finesse comes with experience. there's only one direction that this kid can go, and that's "better"

Talent and experience are completely different things. You need a fair share of both to be successful. That's what i believe in. So let's be patient. I have a good feeling his work will mature with age.

Peri he's 18. And he used my SLR. He has a lot to learn. I agree with you, but the sort of finesse comes with experience. there's only one direction that this kid can go, and that's "better"

Talent and experience are completely different things. You need a fair share of both to be successful. That's what i believe in. So let's be patient. I have a good feeling his work will mature with age.

I know. I said he takes nice pics already :) He does work, you can see it in the composition and angles. I just don't agree with the post process on this particular shoot. And thats ok too, you can't please all the people all the time, and you need to experiment to find your niche.

But one thing he will need to develop pretty quickly is a thicker skin. The sort of comments coming on the post on this car? Inevitable. Nothing new under the sun. Best learn how to deal with that sorta thing quickly, it never goes away.

I know. I said he takes nice pics already :) He does work, you can see it in the composition and angles. I just don't agree with the post process on this particular shoot. And thats ok too, you can't please all the people all the time, and you need to experiment to find your niche.

But one thing he will need to develop pretty quickly is a thicker skin. The sort of comments coming on the post on this car? Inevitable. Nothing new under the sun. Best learn how to deal with that sorta thing quickly, it never goes away.

Agreed completely. Dude I should be the one getting worked up. Not him. But that's age man.

Nice website but hardly any comments on his other posts.You sure the dude is not creating controversy just to get hits on his blog? Whatever it is bitching and whining about it on Facebook just cos someone was rude to you online ain't gonna help...

Yes. I'm sure. For gods sake give him a break. Why would charith shoot himself in the foot?

And nothing is about him it's about my car. I don't see what he has to gain by being so stoked about doing a shoot on my car and then dissing it online on his own blog.

Yes. I'm sure. For gods sake give him a break. Why would charith shoot himself in the foot?

And nothing is about him it's about my car. I don't see what he has to gain by being so stoked about doing a shoot on my car and then dissing it online on his own blog.

i dunno weirder things have been done to generate traffic.Even if not,it was is hardly an insult no?Yet I see the webmaster bitching and moaning about it on every FB motoring related page.Granted.'Anonymous' could have maybe phrased it more err nicely but all he/she said was that you needed a conversion to manual transmission.I think you agree to that point no?isn't a stick shift convo in the pipelines?.....I don't get what he/she says by "actual project cars" though.. :)

i dunno weirder things have been done to generate traffic.Even if not,it was is hardly an insult no?Yet I see the webmaster bitching and moaning about it on every FB motoring related page.Granted.'Anonymous' could have maybe phrased it more err nicely but all he/she said was that you needed a conversion to manual transmission.I think you agree to that point no?isn't a stick shift convo in the pipelines?.....I don't get what he/she says by "actual project cars" though.. :)

I'm thinking of it, but the last reason I'll be switching to manual is because some idiot ranted online about it. I'm actually quite happy with my auto box for the mo, and my wife drives the car too.

By actual project cars I think he means I should've spent 6 figure sums dropping metric tons of tech and turbo in my car. Again, I'm a government servant, and I'm happy with being able to even spend what I have spent on the car.

It's an immature point of view most likely made by a late teen or a tween who has no concept of hard work or money.

and another teen got upset. That's all it is, I guess. We all learn from our gaffes, eh?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:) If I had that attitude, I woulda stopped taking pics after all the jokes about my hands shaking while taking pics of the models at the ModiFest. Or else after all the Kanu jokes at the AL g2g at Marine Drive.

Publish anything, anywhere, whatever the medium, there will always be people who love it and people who hate it. And people who hate it can be useful, they might show you a new point of view. Otherwise you can just get stuck in a groove.

:) If I had that attitude, I woulda stopped taking pics after all the jokes about my hands shaking while taking pics of the models at the ModiFest. Or else after all the Kanu jokes at the AL g2g at Marine Drive.

Publish anything, anywhere, whatever the medium, there will always be people who love it and people who hate it. And people who hate it can be useful, they might show you a new point of view. Otherwise you can just get stuck in a groove.

Point noted sir!

so, had a heating issue recenty, and found that my distributor is leaking oil. problem-of-the-month...

replaced the oil seals, and got the hoses replaced. getting a pair of dampers for the bonnet too... :)

photojtc.jpg

What's the mileage on this Teg komi and what does it rev to? Seems like you had a few gremlins of late and I'm trying to figure out why...... It is a Honda after all.

Simply a case of bad maintenance. Mileage is 186,000 and I've just changed the timing belt. Revs to 9500 redlines at 7500

I know what you mean. Mine is the same though it's not as exotic as yours. Have nearly completely rebuilt or replaced most moving bits now.