• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Upgrading Vitz KSP130 2018 meter cluster

madusha94

Hi all,

I have a vitz KSP130 2018 model safety edition. The stock meter cluster doesn't have a taco meter and a digital display. Is it possible to upgrade it to a meter cluster with a taco meter and/or LCD display? I have seen that the RS model and some NSP models have LCD display and taco meter.

Some old posts I found in the site by fellow member @ghostwriter.  

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-24 at 1.18.31 PM.jpeg

Please advice if anyone know a place to do the upgrade or anyone already done it. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by madusha94

10 minutes ago, madusha94 said:

Hi all,

I have a vitz KSP130 2018 model safety edition. The stock meter cluster doesn't have a taco meter and a digital display. Is it possible to upgrade it to a meter cluster with a taco meter and/or LCD display? I have seen that the RS model and some NSP models have LCD display and taco meter.

Some old posts I found in the site by fellow member @ghostwriter.  

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-24 at 1.18.31 PM.jpeg

Please advice if anyone know a place to do the upgrade or anyone already done it. 

Thanks in advance!

Can do, there are some available in the Facebook groups, of NSP130 matching KSP130, just plug and play however none available for the models with safety sense and autobraking models locally. 

Half the vitz fellas in SL are hunting that gauge cluster and so will pay atrocious amounts to get one.  

Mileage correction will have to be done.

Eitherways its a CVT, there is no huge benefit to having a rev counter.

The LED screen is pretty. came in the start stop edition. Ones with the colour LED screen go over 100K LKR and very hard to find. Also you need a special multifunction steering for that (Not the one on normal Vitz's) with a different ribbon, in all will go near 200K LKR if you find them locally. 

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tiv said:

Ones with the colour LED screen go over 100K LKR and very hard to find

If you buy it from Upgarage or Yahoo auctions those things run for about 7000yen on average if you want a pristine looking one. If you are okay with some scartches then we are looking at about 4000-5000....how the **#**# does it run up to 100K ? The one without the color LCD but tacho meter is about 5000yen for a good one. Plus local shipping of course.

I should quit my job and just strip parts and send them to SL :D 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:51 PM, iRage said:

If you buy it from Upgarage or Yahoo auctions those things run for about 7000yen on average if you want a pristine looking one. If you are okay with some scartches then we are looking at about 4000-5000....how the **#**# does it run up to 100K ? The one without the color LCD but tacho meter is about 5000yen for a good one. Plus local shipping of course.

I should quit my job and just strip parts and send them to SL :D 

I've no interested in upgrading the lump we have as a brightly colored gauge cluster will not shine any light to the bland drive it offers. It is probably the lowest mileage vitz in the country and my wife will never sell it, will probably rot away in my garage. 

However these gauge clusters are divided between the ones with Safety Sense and Non Safety Sense models thus they end up costing atrocious prices. I just mentioned what I have seen to OP here.

Perhaps you should peep into the Fb classifieds to fuel your venture,🤣

I saw fellas selling various crap claiming JDM used blah blah. 

@iRage Will appreciate it if you can guide me into making a few purchases off Yahoo Japan, as I have a small project and is in dire need of a few bits from Japan.

Edited by tiv
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tiv said:

However these gauge clusters are divided between the ones with Safety Sense and Non Safety Sense models

What I mentioned were safety sense models. Non-safety sense cars are quite hard to come by actually (in parts form at least). They are quite popular (in all models) in Africa so they all get shipped out. Same with the petrol Axios...you can hardly find any here because they are all in Africa :D

Yes...the Vitz 1.0L is appauling. The 1.3 is somewhat bearable as it actually moves with people in it. If invested a bit on suspension then it actually becomes interesting but hardly anyone wants to do that for a standard trim level 1.3. If so you might as well by a RS, TRD+, GR Sport, GR Sport GR. etc..

Atleast you should be proud that you are providing the rodents in your neighborhood a wonderful warm home :)