• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Scientific Body Styling

Hola

Question

Hey All,

We see lot of cars in SL and around the world beign what we call "modified". For us we call it modify when there are so many body styling rather than engine mods. In other words it can be caled bodyfying :D . But there some body styling which actulay adds value for the ride. Like the spolier (proper ones), and defuser bumpers. There some who adds side fenders for the car but some makes it very effective in terms of intake etc and other just for beauty. Some have these huge turbo type front grills while that car does not even fit for a turbo.

Whats your view guys?

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Answers 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

it would look cool though.. wel in our case.. such a automated lift-depress system based on road condition would be "something"... either ya gotat keep o repairing the bumper.. or take precautionary measures such as dis system... lol.. not that it would be a reality.. but just ridin my school of thoughts.. :)

this thread brings knight rider to me head.. remember watching an episode where michael pressing a button n ya get all these side flaps n spoiler automatically raising while the car zooms ahead..

speaking of knight rider.. i saw a car titled knight rider in the papers recently.. what exactly is the model of the knight rider car?

Zz

the car advertised was a first gen rx7...the knight rider was a pontiac trans AM

thanks for the info dude! man.. that is one beautiful styled car considering the time period in which it was released in.. had the curves of a 1990s vehicle..

n from the very little i just.. quite powerful too!

Zz

thats jus an utter joke - calling a car knigh rider - but i do recall an instance where i pulled up along side a bunch of schools kids from outstation who had come to é zoo & they all peered out é Bus windows & yelled n pointed at é "Z" yelling "...Anna Knigh Rider!!..." :lol:

but as for that Rx7 - he was asking for only 700,000 i'm told... :huh:

but if my eyes arent lying to me , i noticed what seemed to look like a "kight ride" - L.E.D circuit on é front bumber/bonnet !!! :lol:

thats jus an utter joke - calling a car knigh rider - but i do recall an instance where i pulled up along side a bunch of schools kids from outstation who had come to é zoo & they all peered out é Bus windows & yelled n pointed at é "Z" yelling "...Anna Knigh Rider!!..." :lol:

but as for that Rx7 - he was asking for only 700,000 i'm told... :huh:

but if my eyes arent lying to me , i noticed what seemed to look like a "kight ride" - L.E.D circuit on é front bumber/bonnet !!! :lol:

rx7@ 700,000??????? is this the savanah or the last model rx7(the like dillon's black one). im guessin savana...

hmm... i did hear bout hi-speed flaps as such which automatically adjusts itself as the speed increases but i didnt know that those small shocks are attributed to it.. but iremember this setup in a rx-8 at the auto exhibition..

but there outta be some genius out there using a automated sensor based system which would sense the road topography in real time and adjust the kit accordingly.. cant say.. itz a smal world :)

oiyee Hola.. why do you sound so dul bout the 4-2-1 header? somebody wants the dual exhaust bad! ;) lol.. al wit time budz al wit time..

Zz

To tell you the truth im worried about your gear box. Why did it go off just after few weeks you did your header?

And double barel is realy gone from my head. Trust me

I paid a visit to some bodykit maker and they said they need to drill the buffer and the floor board to install the bodykit. Is that the standard procedure in installing a bodykit?

Drilling the buffers are ok, but the idea of drilling the metal feels quite disturbing.

:angry-smiley-024: Stop caling that :angry-smiley-024: Im already thinking of header havent I?I thought of the front bumper idea, let see

Anyway i want i want i want the grill. I wannna look like this car below but without the red badge. And I wil do it before this month end

IPB Image

Yes, dev you tell Mr.Nexgen. Need some cosmetics in a car too

it doesnt hurt

You heard the Man Nexgen

Hola, I think the car looks nice with the grill. My personal feeling is that only the huge, overgrown grills look odd. like this one--v

IPB Image

Edited by TurboSeavy

I paid a visit to some bodykit maker and they said they need to drill the buffer and the floor board to install the bodykit. Is that the standard procedure in installing a bodykit?

Drilling the buffers are ok, but the idea of drilling the metal feels quite disturbing.

Hola, I think the car looks nice with the grill. My personal feeling is that only the huge, overgrown grills look odd. like this one--v

IPB Image

No Machang, the one i fixed is quiet ok.

Hey, why does the floor board need to be griled? Whats the design? Machang try the driling to be limited for the bumper and the plastic areas

No Machang, the one i fixed is quiet ok.

Hey, why does the floor board need to be griled? Whats the design? Machang try the driling to be limited for the bumper and the plastic areas

Yeah machung, I gave up the idea of going back to that place for a bodykit to be done. He did not had the designs I had in mind anyway. Gotta search for an alternative place.

According to them, the only way to fix the side-skits (they call it side balancers), is to drill the undercarriage. I'm not sure about it.

Come on man, post us some pics of U R ride please.

Yeah machung, I gave up the idea of going back to that place for a bodykit to be done. He did not had the designs I had in mind anyway. Gotta search for an alternative place.

According to them, the only way to fix the side-skits (they call it side balancers), is to drill the undercarriage. I'm not sure about it.

Come on man, post us some pics of U R ride please.

You got a N16 right? A nice mesh grill, a simple skirt and a low spoiler will do you good. And that should be in the range of max 40 but depending on the color you have on your car. mail me on to discuss this further

The mesh grill of mine can be seen here bro

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...p;hl=mesh+grill

i'm no bodykit guru - but i'm guessing only the sills will need some drilling if at all...

you wouldn't need that much of support if the side skirts are light and well shaped so that weight from them is distributed evenly accross its length...

Messing with the floor boards seems rather unnecessary for a small simple set,IMO...

i'm sure Dimantha & co can help with body kits - anyway i'm told that there are so many decent small timers..

You got a N16 right? A nice mesh grill, a simple skirt and a low spoiler will do you good. And that should be in the range of max 40 but depending on the color you have on your car. mail me on to discuss this further

The mesh grill of mine can be seen here bro

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...p;hl=mesh+grill

Just what I had in mind machung. Can you recon any good place for me bro?

The car colour is metallic silver.

i'm no bodykit guru - but i'm guessing only the sills will need some drilling if at all...

you wouldn't need that much of support if the side skirts are light and well shaped so that weight from them is distributed evenly accross its length...

Messing with the floor boards seems rather unnecessary for a small simple set,IMO...

i'm sure Dimantha & co can help with body kits - anyway i'm told that there are so many decent small timers..

Z as you mentioned my name. I think body kits are really Ugly. And they are not practical. Unless Properly Done they Add Weight ( I have see Tons of Cataloy Added to Some Body Kits )

Body Kit Market world wide is Dying. Customers are now chasing Behind Something Called the JDM look which is More Of Lip Type Kits made in Urethane ( Plastic ). This is because Installation is Easier and Painting easier and they do not break like fiberglass,

Consumers are going more for Bigger Alloys. ( In USA 18 and Above is the craze ). My Opinion is a that a set of 17 or 18 inch wheels and Lowering Suspension will give X 10 times better look than any body kit.

In my view body kits are a past trend ( Rice Rocket Era ). Go for a Decent set of RIMS ( 17 or above ) with a Good Set Lowering Springs. It Increase Your Handling and Better Braking due to less forward body roll.

:)

Edited by Velocity

can't help but agree with the master! :)

Dim's - this JDM trend has actually evolved into another category which i'm sure your familiar with called "V*P" or "bippu"

SL is lagging in terms of the global trends but oversized allys is on the up as a rsult of them comming with the set up u mentioned , on the SIngapore imports in particular

personally not a bodykit person - but i'm in full agreement with you on the Alloys as they set the tone for the look of any car

but in a local context the issues regarding the practicality of lowering cars can be argued - as speed bumps are something that virtually everyone has to contend with :( the lack of standadization of size of those and lack warning means that there is high probablity of someone scraping the lip , underside or worse on account of these obstructions :(

can't help but agree with the master! :)

Dim's - this JDM trend has actually evolved into another category which i'm sure your familiar with called "V*P" or "bippu"

SL is lagging in terms of the global trends but oversized allys is on the up as a rsult of them comming with the set up u mentioned , on the SIngapore imports in particular

personally not a bodykit person - but i'm in full agreement with you on the Alloys as they set the tone for the look of any car

but in a local context the issues regarding the practicality of lowering cars can be argued - as speed bumps are something that virtually everyone has to contend with :( the lack of standadization of size of those and lack warning means that there is high probablity of someone scraping the lip , underside or worse on account of these obstructions :(

speaking of V*P.. have you seen that hideous c******o insurance van which goes around? it looks like something ought of a sci-fi movie lol.. and just yesterday i had an encounter with a civic with a wide bodykit.. going through a small lane without a scratch was such a hassle with that type of a bodykit taking up most of the space...

Yup.. alloys make the car look decent and somewhat professional.. the bodykit is mainly for the pimp factor over here..

Hey dims.. if you are replacing the stock bumpers with something more cool looking using carbon fiber, would it be a bit more riskier? what i mean is that the stock bumpers are basically an added protection in case of banging the car around.. so would the same benefits apply to the carbon fiber stuff?

Zz

Honda Projectors, im guessing..

what the h*** is this :blink:...

Z as you mentioned my name. I think body kits are really Ugly. And they are not practical. Unless Properly Done they Add Weight ( I have see Tons of Cataloy Added to Some Body Kits )

Body Kit Market world wide is Dying. Customers are now chasing Behind Something Called the JDM look which is More Of Lip Type Kits made in Urethane ( Plastic ). This is because Installation is Easier and Painting easier and they do not break like fiberglass,

Consumers are going more for Bigger Alloys. ( In USA 18 and Above is the craze ). My Opinion is a that a set of 17 or 18 inch wheels and Lowering Suspension will give X 10 times better look than any body kit.

In my view body kits are a past trend ( Rice Rocket Era ). Go for a Decent set of RIMS ( 17 or above ) with a Good Set Lowering Springs. It Increase Your Handling and Better Braking due to less forward body roll.

amen to your bro.... ;)

Edited by dillongt

Dimz, is it true that the front back lips are better off with carbon fiber?

aaaarrrgh thats just sick man - trust em stupid trailer trash n hiphop r&b rapper types to go mutilate a car so that it winds up looking like the illigitimate son of Xibits Hummer which slept with a 80's lincoln towncar or wut ever!! :blink:

Here is a pimp my ride EG8 Work

IPB Image

This is well said by master of body styling :)